main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Exodus to the NSA Forum

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    If the Arndt draft does leak then surely the actual basic storyline will be the same as the movie, just with focus on different characters? It must be the same fundamentals surely? So it could spoil quite a lot if it got out.

BigAl6ft6 and CairnsTony like this.
  2. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Right ... Here we go. I've asked the Moderators to let me in. It's time. I've seen too much already! There's only one chance to see 7 spoiler free. Once you're spoilt there's no going back. It's times like this I wish I was more like my Dad ... Can't even turn on an iPad.

Who's with me?

"This is Ripley. Last survivor of the Nostromo. Signing off."

BigAl6ft6, Hogsquattle and Yanksfan like this.
  3. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I've decided the Latino Review rumors that came out today are about the amount of information I want:
    • There will be a female villain. Over 50% sure she's a Sith. I'll follow up on this in later weeks.
    • Despite having 30 Years after Jedi to set one up, there is NO New Republic at the start of Episode VII.
    • Boba-Fett-similar armor is around. Probably not for the man himself. Mandalorians? Clone drama? Still unclear on a plot/character connection.
    • John Boyega isn’t a Jedi or a Padawan at the beginning of the movie, he’s the one that has the story arc that brings him into Star Wars’ greater universe. It has echoes of Luke’s arc in A New Hope.
    Now, this info is all unconfirmed. But this type of confirmed info is about the level I'd like to know going in - general character descriptions, general storyline, and general info on the state of the galaxy at the movie's start.

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    If the rumors about there being a search for Luke Skywalker are true, it's time for me to go to NSA. That would actually cross the line and be too much information

*ear muffs* lalalalala

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The "Boyega as a reformed stormtrooper" rumor looks legit. I would be surprised if that was not the case.

This Luke's hand business, not so much, but elements of Faraci's leak are probably close to the truth.

[face_thinking]

I'm starting to get to that point.....

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I'm pretty much hooked into spoilerdom until I see the words "Directed by J.J. Abrams" at the end of the movie. ^:)^

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Absolutely.

I'll may be taking leave of the forums completely - the better discussions are in this section so unless the NSA threads pick up I'll have to skip on the boards until after I see the movie.

I know likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Easiest forum to moderate: Literally nothing to be talked about. :p

9. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Hmm...maybe someone should head over there and start some trouble...make people earn their keep around here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Eh, it's not actually that hard to ban someone. :p

Mange likes this.
  11. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm getting close to bailing...

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    It's been fun discussing with y'all but in light of plot rumors surfacing I've decided to officially move to NSA :(

Sent from my R2 unit

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    See you guys over there. :cool:

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    At this point, saying that you're going to avoid spoilers is like saying you're going to go on a diet when you've got an open package of Oreos in the kitchen. The spoilers allowed forum is one click away. It's simply too much temptation, and you will fall off the wagon [insert sinister laugh].

Lurknomore, Claire1976 and Mange like this.
  15. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    No exodus yet for me, but once plot details start to emerge, then I'm going... But I think Juke Skywalker is correct...

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I believe that's the first time anyone has ever said that on here. Framing this!

But seriously, I sympathize all of you. I want to be spoiler free, yet we live in an age where secrets no longer exist. If something happens, it's tagged, re-Tweeted and forwarded all over the world in a matter of minutes. If info leaks, I'll hear about it no matter how hard I try to avoid it. I figure I might as well stay plugged in and enjoy the ride.

Force Smuggler, TK327 and Mange like this.
  17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

There are still plenty of secrets out there ;)

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's what "they" want you to think!

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i will never go! i'm here for the long haul... and i'll probably regret it once somebody spoils the major death scene with their comic book.

20. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I look at spoilers like this. I can enjoy this movie piece by piece for the next 18 months. Or get it all in two hours. I would rather spread it out and speculate what's right and wrong. Then when I see the movie it's still going to be the first time I see it regardless of what I know. So it will still be special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That reminds me of a comparison I've seen A Chorus of Disapproval make... that it's like seeing all the ingredients of a good meal laid out before the cooking is done, and still being able to enjoy the finished meal later.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Precisely. Seeing vanilla extract and baking powder doesn't remotely come close to eating a cake. I then upgraded to: the ultrasound did not compare to finally holding a child.

Claire1976 likes this.
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Nice, the ultrasound one is even better!

24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Actually, that's what they think they want you to think I'm thinking... :p

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  25. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    I'm heading to NSA. The link saying 'Major Plot Spoilers' on the front page of theforce.net is a step further than I'm prepared to go. I intend to go into VII unspoiled and fresh, and enjoy the adventure for the first time as it unfolds on screen. It's been fun! I'll see you guys next December. [face_talk_hand]

dolphin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.