main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends EXONERATED: The Jade-Terrik Adventures - 2011 Diary Challenge - Completed on December 16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Jedi_Saber101

Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    LOVED Entry 21!

22 wasn't that bad either.

Looking forward to more!

@};-

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I love it when the ladies get together! I mean, as a group, those five women are the absolute epitome of strong and successful. And snark. Oh yes.

Leia and Iella tag-teaming Mirax and Mara. Hoo boy. And Winter, as Briann put it, sitting in the peanut gallery.

Okay, I just had to cut out a big ramble on the dynamics between each of this group. I think I'll work that up and post it somewhere else, haha.

Oh boy, we're heading for the juicy part now, aren't we?

Good work Nanci!

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hazel: Truer words were never spoken!!!

Fels: Oooh yeah. You'll believe that even more after seeing who's briefing them. [face_laugh]

Book Geek: Her father taught her well. :)

Briannakin: Indeed, this is the mission in question. [face_devil]

ginchy: Yes, we all know how it ends...but the journey it what makes it [face_laugh]

LoriLynn: I love girl time in the Star Wars universe. And when Mirax stops joking, you know you're in deep poodoo.

kataja: Most entertaining detour ever? I'll take that prize! [face_dancing]

Jedi Saber: Thank you!

Katana: Indeed, they are. And we love them so. I want to read your analysis of them!!

New post this weekend, and I should also finish the remaining posts on Saturday! Hooray! I've been so distracted lately. :p

4. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

ENTRY 23

The meeting that Leia and Iella set up was less of an official briefing and more of a family reunion, as it involved Karrde, Booster, and Wedge.

I was already worried enough about the mission. After seeing who was in charge, I was petrified.

After a round of pleasantries (and drinks), we got down to business. ?I assume that Leia and Iella gave you the basics of this mission?? Wedge asked, putting down his glass.

?Basics is a good word for it. Planet wants to join the New Republic, president requests immediate assistance in rooting out the head of a crime syndicate that's been causing trouble, blah blah blah. Get to the nitty gritty, Veggies.?

Wedge rolled his eyes at Mirax. ?It?s not going to be that bad, Myra.?

I burst out laughing. ?Right, I believe that's what you said right before we left for Plooma.?

Wedge ignored me and activated the room?s holoprojector. Apparently he did not want to remember that particular mission. The lights dimmed and the image of a rough-looking, middle-aged human male hovered in the center of the room. ?This is Rix, the head of the Black Diamond crime syndicate. We have no information about him other than his codename. Witnesses have placed him on many planets in the Outer Rim, plundering and stealing various weapons, ships?basically anything of value. Recently, it came to President Grendle?s attention that Black Diamond activity on Mobrow III has risen exponentially.?

I nodded and waved my hand to indicate that I?ve heard all this before. ?And he wants the NR to take care of the mess for him. We got all that. What exactly will we be doing??

Wedge gestured to Karrde, who answered for him. ?What you and the dear Mrs. Horn will be doing is infiltrating the organization to get a hard location on Rix. Once that happens, he?ll be taken out by an NRI strike team standing by in the system.?

Mirax and I shared a glance. ?Easier said than done,? she said.

Karrde passed us two datachips. ?We?ve obtained new IDs for you, completely untraceable back to NRI. Before you leave, your appearance will be altered. You will look completely indistinguishable from any holos that may have been spread across the galaxy. Even your husbands shouldn?t be able to recognize you.?

?Okay, and what about this?? I asked, holding up my lightsaber. ?I can?t really be seen wearing this if I?m supposed to be some sort of undercover crime operative.?

Karrde cringed. ?You?ll have to leave it behind.?

I narrowed my eyes at him. ?I assume that you will be providing us with other weapons??

?Of course,? Booster responded. ?Do you think I?d send my daughter and her best friend off on some mission without giving them first choice of my best, unregistered weapons??

Mirax grinned. ?Thanks, Daddy.?

?So, what do you think?? Wedge interjected. ?Sound like something you ladies can handle??

I shrugged. ?We already said yes. What other choice to we have??

?We trust you ladies implicitly, but this mission will be dangerous. If you even make the tiniest slip, the Black Diamond operatives will be on you in seconds.?

I nodded at Wedge. ?I understand.?

Mirax also nodded. ?Yeah, we get it. Huge chance of danger, blah blah blah. You forget that I used to smuggle supplies for you in the Rebellion.?

?And I don't need to remind you of what I used to do.?

?All right, then.? Karrde shut down the holoprojector. ?Would you ladies care to get made up now, or later??

?Might as well get it over with,? Mirax answered. Nodding in agreement, I pocketed the datachip and said good-bye to the three men, wondering what the hell I?d gotten myself into this time.

Luke was not very happy when I told him about my upcoming mission, but that?s stating the obvious. He?s never happy when I get sent on missions without him, even though he should be used to it. I tried to reassure him that nothing horrible was going to happen, but I think he was able to sense my apprehension even over the holocomm. He told me to be careful, and I hate when he tells me

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Aw, that Booster. What a good father. :p

6. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

[face_laugh]
    A perfect note!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ?Right, I believe that's what you said right before we left for Plooma.?

My thoughts exactly.

I wonder how long it will take them to run into trouble this time? [face_thinking]

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awwww. I love seeing Booster and Mirax having father/daughter moments!

Luke, a Corellian? No. Sorry, I can't even imagen it (unless he is in a Corelian's body :p )

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I cannot wait to see what trouble these ladies get in to. And then smug Luke and Corran are going to be a RIOT. [face_laugh][face_laugh] And I love Mirax's note. Sometimes it seems like Luke is the only non-Correlian male there is. [face_laugh][face_laugh] Love the update, lady!!

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Let's see... Mara and Mirax undercover.

Leia and Iella helped set this up.

Karrde, Booster and Wedge are involved.

and Mara doesn't need Force powers.

Now how long before they run into trouble?

Not long at all, knowing these two gals.

Question is,

Who is going to come save them?

11. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

Huh. Booster reminds me so much of MY Dad...

'Veggies'.[face_laugh] Mara's not going to let Wedge live that down!

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Fels: Father of the year, right there! Except for those years when he was on Kessel. :p

Piper: Corellians - biggest egos in the galaxy!

Hazel: I think about 2.5 seconds.

Briannakin: I would imagine that the Booster/Mirax relationship is a very interesting one. I love the fact that he's so protective of his grandkids in profic.

Luke, a Corellian? No. Sorry, I can't even imagen it (unless he is in a Corelian's body )

[face_laugh]

ginchy: Smug Luke and Corran are so very, very amusing. You know they've got cahones to act that way around their wives!

MJ: The answers are "soon" and "smug Jedi husbands." [face_laugh]

Book Geek: "Veggies" is such a great nickname. I had to have her keep using it. :)

Thanks for reading, everyone! I hope the next two updates satisfy. I am really losing steam on this story, but hope to finish it this weekend. I'm really not cut out for spreading a fic over such a long period of time. But I'm determined to finish.

13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Heh - for once I noticed this myself - though late ;)

Even your husbands shouldn?t be able to recognize you
    I believe that when I see it :p

He told me to be careful, and I hate when he tells me to be careful.
    tsk tsk...

Then I felt a brush of his sense across our Force bond, a reassurance that he?d always be there if I needed him. I sent back that I was grateful, but that we wouldn?t need his help on this mission. We were more than capable of taking care of ourselves
    I may have seemed a little more bitter than usual. For some reason, I really wanted to prove that Mirax and I could do this on our own; that, even though I was a Jedi, I didn?t need Jedi assistance or crazy Force powers to accomplish this job. I didn?t even have my lightsaber?I?d left it onboard the Pulsar Skate, which was still on Coruscant.

I felt Luke?s amused appeasement, and then he was gone.

Gods, I hate it when that man is right.

Just be glad he?s not Corellian. - MTH

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Can't wait too see what happens!!! :D

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    You can do it!!! I believe in youuu! But seriously, I know how hard it is. Good luck finishIng!

15. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    kataja: Heh, good job! [face_peace]

I believe that when I see it

Well, you know, there is that pesky Force bond thing.

Can't wait too see what happens!!!

Briannakin: Thanks! Thankfully I only have one more update to write.

16. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    ENTRY 24

Mirax and I arrived on Mobrow III without any incident?in hindsight, I should've taken that as another indication that this mission would go terribly wrong. We landed our unmarked shuttle in the capital?s main spaceport and immediately set out to the location provided by NRI.

It was a nondescript warehouse, the perfect base for a crime syndicate. Mirax knocked and we both affected our best ?criminal? poses. She was pretty damn convincing?not to mention scary. I had to remind myself that she's the mother of two children.

We were greeted by a normal looking, light-skinned bald human who looked like he could be someone?s accountant, not a member of the galaxy?s most notorious criminal organization. But I had been taught long ago that looks could be deceiving and knew that we were in the right place.

?The keebaw has landed.? I mentally crossed my fingers, hoping that the code NRI had provided was still good. It was and the man stepped aside and allowed us into the warehouse. We were ushered into a small office and passed few people on the way. This was not one of the Black Diamond's main locations and definitely not the headquarters. It would take a bit more searching to find Rix, Black Diamond?s infamous leader, and satisfy both Mobrow III?s president and my sister in law. Not an easy task by any means.

But Mirax and I aren?t your normal intelligence operatives.

Mirax took over for the rest of the transaction, her history in the smuggling world being much longer than mine. Watching her, I would never have guessed that she had turned respectable and was now married to a leading Jedi Knight. (Don?t ever tell Corran I called him that. I?ll never hear the end of it.) I played the part of the dutiful second, my hand never far from my blaster as she exchanged our stash of very illegal narcotics for a very large stack of credits.

Our job wasn?t over yet. We needed to entrench ourselves in the organization and find out where Rix was located. I was certain that Black Diamond wouldn?t let us in that easily but we?d done our job well, didn?t haggle too much on cost, and had even arrived a day early with our shipment. Any smuggler who runs business that well would be a shoe-in to get recalled by an organization as large as Black Diamond.

It would take a while, but I was certain that Mirax and I would be able to get a location on Rix.

Sure enough, our contact immediately offered us another job transporting a large cache of weapons to another location in the capital. We snatched up the opportunity and the next thing we knew we were being shoved into a plain black speeder that was filled to the brim with guns and artillery that were illegal on every world in the Core.

Oh, if Booster and Karrde could have seen us, not to mention our husbands. I couldn?t deny that I felt a little bit nostalgic for my smuggler days, which weren?t really that far behind me. At least it?s better than feeling nostalgic for the Empire.

The next location was far out on the edge of the capital, on the bank of a large river. It was another warehouse but much larger than the first.

Our orders instructed us to pull into an underground garage where a group of men would unload our cache. Now, I know what you're thinking?that sounds like the perfect place for an ambush. And it was, which is exactly why they picked it. In an organization like Black Diamond, you?re certain to get bad eggs who try to knock off shipments and make a run for it from time to time. Mirax and I had no intentions of trying to steal the shipment, so we had nothing to worry about. Organizations like Black Diamond might be full of sleemos, but they wouldn?t survive if they continuously killed their contracted smugglers.

Besides, Mirax and I could take care of ourselves just fine.

To our surprise, we were invited inside the complex to complete the transaction. I didn't sense any danger so I agreed, and we were led into a large living area with several tables, around which sat males and females of various speci

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent action and edge of seatness =D= Mara and Mirax are cool Intel operatives. ;) And not easily ambushed - so it musta taken very sneaky careful planning especially since Mara has both EH and Jedi training and skills to ick up on something not quite on the square.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very exciting update! =D=

I wonder who blabbed. [face_thinking]

19. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    thank u thank u best 21st birthday present yet- an update!!!!!!!!!:D:cool:

add me to pm list please jedimara77[face_praying]

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    It's never that easy. :p Great update!

21. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Caught up--I love Mirax getting all the good weapons from her daddy, and the trouble they just managed to get themselves in. I'd really like to know what got messed up in this particularly operation. Fun updates!

22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    YAY, an update!!! Excellent action, girl. I could just see Mara with the gun and Mirax, too. I love how you describe Mirax--is it any wonder she and Mara are BFFs??

Mara's got that 'bad feeling', huh? [face_laugh][face_laugh]

This chapter made me want to go back and read the first again. Can't wait for the next!!

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh dear. Rule number 1: never listen to Leia. Rule number 2: ALWAYS listen to Winter. Rule number 3: If it can go wrong, it WILL go wrong.

Great action!

24. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Han and Luke have been doing their best to live by those rules for years, to Leia's annoyance; obviously, it has served them well. Mara and Mirax are SO royally ticked off right now...

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Very exciting update and is Leia and Iella going to hear about this when they get back.