main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Expanded Universe : Movies (Turkish, Japanese, ?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by None, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    I recently became aware of the Turkish movie phenomenon. It seems that the people of Turkey like to remake US movies in their own unique style, anyway they've done Star Wars in their odd low budget extravaganza ways and I was wondering if there are other countries/organizations which have 'recreated' or expanded the Star Wars tradition?

Besides Turkish Star Wars, i'm also aware of "Message From Space" the Japanese Star Wars. To capitalize on the Star Wars phenomenon, a movie company in japan made their own movie, shortly after SW. it's fairly similar but expanded, what's really interesting about it, is that it was made in 1978 and it has several coincidences with RotJ, which wouldn't come out until several years later.

anyone know of any other Star Wars inspired/take-off movies?

thanks in advance
    none

2. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Yup,
    Theres an awesome, AWESOME, movie called "Star Crash" (from Italy, I believe). It was released in 1978, and is an exact copy of "Star Wars IV." With exception of the emperor is the good guy, and they have to fight down the "rebels." A lot of the scenes are shot from the same angle as they were in SW!

It is truly horrible. Truly beautiful.

It tried to do everything SW did, but "one up" it. It features the "force", but now the force enables them to shoot lasers out of their hands, etc. And it even features a spectacular 2 on 1 lightsaber battle!

2 stop motion skeletons with lightsabers VS. ...

...Youre not going to believe this...

DAVID HASSLEHOFF!! Hes the hero of the movie!

"Star Crash" is beautious.

3. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    DarthWeenie, anyway you would know where I could find a copy of this? :D Oh and, ::imperial march plays:: how 'bout the Holiday Special.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.