main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Universe Adaptations

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Zandalor, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The Clone Wars has shown that it acknowledges the Expanded Universe, and other Canon as well. Wouldn't it be great if a few expanded universe works were adapted into the show at some point?

Of course not all of them would work, but little one off episodes based on some of the novels might.

Hard Contact could be made into an episode fairly easily, as some stuff could be omitted. It would be a nice introduction to the Clone Commandos, something the series is severely lacking.

Or a lot of the Republic comics, like the Battle of Jabiim could work as well.

Anyone else think this would be a cool idea?

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    In a perfect world, yeah, it'd be awesome. But George Lucas would want to change things up, and that just wouldn't jive with me.

3. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Personally, I'd rather want episodes not based on previous EU stories precisely because I wanna see new things and events. I don't really want animated recaps of what we've already read about in comics and novels.

4. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    No, I don't mind references, but I rather they stick to coming up with their own stories.

5. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    More references yeah, but for Clone Wars, that's enough. However, I would like to see adaptations of EU material by Lucas Animation on other projects. I would kill for a KOTOR, TOR, or Tales of the Jedi mini series or cg film.

The Great Hyperspace War is one EU thing I would love to see as a mature animated film. I think once LA is done with making stuff for primarily children's networks, they could work on more animated works done in the same manner as the Saga(slightly more mature PG/PG-13 material).

6. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    My friend, you do NOT want to do that, believe me :p

1. "Revan had a PADAWAN?!"

2. "Manaan is supposed to be completely covered in ocean, not a planet with only a couple of small seas! Why use the name, but take away what made the planet so unique?"

3. The Rakata are supposed to be trapped on Lehon for millenia following the decline of the Infinite Empire! Not the space-traveling species spotted on every single world because they populated the crowd scenes with the save model they've made!

4. There could be no multiple Sith Battlecruisers during the Mandalorian Wars. They comletely screwed the existing timeline!

You still think this is worth it?

7. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    well...he did...you just killed him at the end of the game.

8. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Don't know if it counts as EU, but the 2D Anime clone wars series showed the capture of Palpatine by Grievous. I believe given how this leads into the events of ROTS, and how good the animation would be by then, I'd love to see the Grievous captures Palpatine scenario in TCW. Just seeing Grievous scurrying across Coruscant with Palpatine in his clutches, unknown to him that he is carrying around someone who is ultimately his leader while evading Jedi would be interesting.

9. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    I would like to see the start of the Battle of Coruscant TCW.

10. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    I would love the see the start of the battle of Coruscant as depicted in Labyrinth of Evil.

11. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Some of the stories, imo, simply need to be used in TCW:

1. battle of saleucami (important council member death)
    2. battle of boz pity (council member death, ventress gone)
    3. battle of coruscant (duh!!)
    4. battles of felucia/mygeeto/cato neimodia

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think the battle of Coruscant is a must but obviously left for the final episodes of the series. I know the CW continue after that, so it would really just be the exit of Anakin and Obi Wan. They could show the Felucia battles or Kashyyyk, etc.

The EU fangirl inside me hopes we get a glimpse of Thrawn. Not even a word or anything, just a cameo that only the true fans would notice.

13. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    100% Agree.

If Lucas was not involved, or at least mostly hands-off, like say the Clone Wars Microseries, then maybe...maybe.

Jabiim would be cool. At least referencing Republic Commandos would be too.

I'm sure most EU fans will say the Thrawn Trilogy would be great, as far as non Clone Wars adaptations would be. I'd also like to see the X-Wing series (comics and novels).

But at this point, the best we can hope for is EU references in TCW that are well researched and don't screw everything up. It's almost too bad that Thrawn won't be picked up until after Episode III, as it would have been cool if Timothy Zahn was brought in to write an episode featuring him. But at the same time, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want Thrawn anywhere near TCW, so it's probably for the best.

If anything, for TCW, I want them to bring back Durge. Not a Durge-like person, not a humanoid Durge - just Durge. The microseries hinted that he'd survived, and he does in the comics. There's even a campaign called Operation Durge's Lance that hasn't been fully explored yet.

14. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    Bringing back Durge would be a terrible mistake.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bringing back Durge as he is in the comics would be fine- but not the micro-series version.

16. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Yep, those that mentioned the Boz Pity battle where Adi Gallia dies would be good - that would be a big name for Grievous to take and they have already faced once in "Grievous Intrigue" although at the time Grievous was only using 2 arms and it was very brief. From what I have read on it, it would be pretty interesting in terms that you have Dooku, Grievous and Adi Gallia all there (all high-value targets), along with some big name Jedi there like Mace, Plo, Obi-Wan, Adi, etc.

Even if they don't adapt that battle, but have something along the lines of that where Dooku is forced into physical combat and we see Grievous and Ventress in action, would be pretty epic.

17. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    I've been pushing for A'Sharad Hett to make an appearance.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Now that would be interesting, to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.