Expanded Universe Darth Bane Series question

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Werdna, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Jedi Werdna Jedi Youngling

Hey all! I'm new to the forums, so I am a little unsure of how to phrase some of the questions without revealing spoilers to those who have not read the books. So I guess I will say **SPOILERS** first thing.

It mainly revolves around Darth Zannah. I remember reading that while Zannah was apprenticed to Bane, Bane told her that she had the potential for Sith Sorcery by delving into the depths of the force with certain spells and such. But Bane couldn't really help her as "his knowledge was limited regarding Sith Sorcery and his talents lay in another direction."

Ok, now for the question: I understand that Sith Socery is just that; spells and sorcery used by a practicing Sith. It made me wonder, Is there a light side equivalent to this force power? It is presumed that Zannah had a natural talent to be developed here. She became Sith and developed it from the dark side of the force. My "What If?" question is had she chosen the Jedi way, would she still have this ability to use drawing it from the light side? I have seen examples in both movies and expanded universe, both Jedi and Sith using the same or similar techniques. Can it be said that certain uses of the force are actually light and dark or would it be better to look at the intention of the force user commanding their use of Force Choke, Battle Meditation, Force Lightening, etc.? I have seen examples of both Jedi and Sith using the above techniques.

Anyway, Just wanted to throw that out there. It was a question I wanted to discuss, so there it is.
  2. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    There are light side powers involving nature that the Witches of Dathomir use, while the Jedi have the ability to sever the Force from people, to use their own version of Force Lightning called Electric Judgment and Jedi can make use of illusions and so forth.

Most powers are Force neutral, but how they are used are not.

I seem to recall Anakin tried to apply Force choke to resuscitate someone.
  3. zark Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately however, some of the more bizarre uses of Sith Sorcery, (such as the kind that killed Bane) does not have a light side counterpart that I know of. I think that Jedi tend to stick to the basics.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.