main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Universe Defense Force - Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kwenn, Dec 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE DEFENSE FORCE - HOME BASE

Welcome to the latest in a very long line of EUDF Home Bases. All these moves have been the consequence of many different things, but this one is merely because we've outgrown our old thread :D Reaching 10,000 posts meant we had to relocate, and here we are.

Again, welcome to this rather festive new Base of Operations for the original Defense Force. For those curious about our history, our first thread - founded by Ganner - was started here in the Literature forum. After a while, we re-started here and here in EU Misc, and spent some time here in the Role-Playing forums. Then we moved back into EUC, to this thread, before our penultimate incarnation here. *Whew* As you can see, we have a long and distinguished history as a part of TF.N's Jedi Council.

And after all that, perhaps you'd like to know what the Exanded Universe Defense Force is all about? I'm glad you asked!

MISSION STATEMENT - REVISED SUMMARY by KWENN [You can find the full version here]

It is imperitive you read this summary carefully. The EUDF has rules and regulations in order to be effective against bashers.
    If you do not understand any part of the statement, or are unfamiliar with the terms used, check out the EUDF FAQ or send me a private message.

The PURPOSE of the Expanded Universe Defence Force is to defend the Expanded Universe, its fans and creators from attacks, misinformation, bigotry and intolerance perpetrated by 'EU-Bashers'

What we are doing in the EUDF is defending the rights of EU Fans, also known as "completists," to speculate freely in the Forums using EU data as the basis of that speculation. The EUDF also defends the right for completists to enjoy EU material without fear of being persecuted or belittled by movies-only fans, known as "purists." We recognize that certain persons (known as EU Bashers) attack anyone who uses EU to speculate or states their enjoyment of EU material. We are against the BASHERS, not the PURISTS. The Purists, like ourselves, have opinions of their own, which we must tolerate. The Bashers, on the other hand, go out of their way to stir up trouble for us and EU fans. Therefore, we defend the EU and its followers from these persons only.

It must be understood that we are NOT a group who goes around and forces people to like the EU. We are also NOT a group who runs in and argues every time someone says the EU is stupid or something. We are only interested when those people start attacking the EU and its fans.

Also bear in mind we are the EU Defence Force, not the EU Attack Force. Our goal is to pacify EU-bashing flame wars, not incite them.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

- Back up your team-mates whenever possible.

- Alert your fellow EUDFers of any trouble spots - basically any threads containing basher posts. There is a set proceedure for these alerts, which you can find at the end of this message.

- No flaming. If you flame or bash the enemy, then you are no better than them, and your actions will subsequently trigger backlash that could harm the EUDF as a whole.

- IGNORE SOTJ.NET. It is a basher's haven, and SHOULD NOT BE DISCUSSED IN THE EUDF. The same applies to the 'Great Scene For the ExU in Episode II' thread - or the 'Exploited Universe.' We SERIOUSLY advise that you do not go to either

ALERTS TO TROUBLE SPOTS

An example.

1) You are browsing a TF.N board when you spot a t

2. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Oh, and Merry Christmas, all! :D

3. Xie-mas

Xie-mas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2002
    OMG FIRST NON KWEEEEN REPLY WORSHIP ME KTHX

4. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    *rushes in and claims a corner office*

*sets up all the security systems, wheels in the shark for the office pool*

This is the best Christmas present EVER! :D

5. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Welcome, all! Had a good Christmas, I trust?

6. Xie-mas

Xie-mas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2002
    My Xie-mas was as follows:

The Two Towers - PS2
    Clone War - PS2
    ATI All In Wonder 7500 Radeon Grahpics Card - PC
    $20 - Blockbuster Gift Cards
    Two New Sweaters
    New Boxers
    Slippers
    New Gloves
    Tic-Tacs
    Scratch-Off Lotto Tickets
    Gum
    Strip Mints
    Some DVD from a Coworker which I will probably exchange
    Harry Potter Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans
    Cookies
    Golf Balls
    TTT Movie Trip (Courtesy of my cousin, since my mom doesn't want to see it)
    The Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition DVD

Probably a few little more 'stocking stuffers' that I'm forgetting.

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't like everything about the EU, but there is much about it that I love. Can I still join :confused:

Aun

8. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Two-volume Beatles set, couple of cartoon anthologies, a new Dave Barry calendar, 50 bucks to splurge at Barnes&Noble, and other odds 'n ends.

Not to mention the case of Corona my mother picked up for me to demolish before I leave Jan. 12 :D

9. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    I didn't think Clone Wars was out until January...must just be the UK.

Well, I got a few little presents, nothing special, but I did get £200 so I can buy my own :D

CREW UPDATE
    Anuecah_Skywalker is Cadet 6. Welcome!

10. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    (comes in with 2 workers)Hello everyone. My 2 workers are here to remodle my office.(They go to work)For Christmas I got the 1st season of The X-Files, The 2nd Season of The Simpsons, a new bike, and a wrestleing book.

11. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    *enters, claims an office, and unloads his stuff* Ah, so fresh smelling in here! :)

12. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    There, nice and done.(puts a no droids sign in front of organic door, and unloads all of my satues and equipment)Yes Chiss, it does smell good in here.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Xie: Bah, a 7500? Hideous.

I got a Radeon 9000 Pro on the new computer I built.

My List of Christmas Stuff:
    PS2
    GTA3 Vice City: PS2
    Clone Wars: GCN
    A Watch
    Heroes Die
    Dune

14. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Oops. Just been informed I spelled our new recruit's name wrong on the Crew List...it's Aunecah_Skywalker, not Anuecah_Skywalker :)

15. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    Jello, is Clone Wars any fun?

16. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    *Stides in, goes straight to the downtime establishment, puts a claim on a table for Black Squad. Then goes and cordons off the area closest to the hangar opening for Black Squadron. Then goes and seeks out secuirty offices and plays Civili...I mean does security work...*

Ahem, just had to get that all done.

Looks nice Kwenn, new upholstery?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, it's pretty good.

Though it's seeming a bit dull in the beginning, but that's probably because I want to play Vice City so badly... (my parents forgot to buy a memory card for the PS2).

It's no Rogue Leader, though.

18. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    Christmas:

2 books by Bishop Sheen
    Meditations- Marcus Aurelius (trans. George Long)
    Rebel Dream
    Sweater
    Shirt
    Fencing Bag
    Candy
    "Greatest hits on the Piano"
    Leopard by I forget right now and am to lazy at this point to go look up his name.

19. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    Jello, okay I might buy it tomarrow. I had Vice City since November,1 and it is well worth the money.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh yes... from what I've played, Vice City is :cool:. I just wish I could actually save my progress!!

See, if I started playing, then I'd play for hours on end--but it'd all be a waste gesture, because I can't save it. I'd have to keep the system on.

Say, how long can a PS2 stay on without blowing up or something?

21. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :)

I can almost guarantee that I got the worst presents ever. One of them was a kettle!

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_laugh]

A kettle? Please tell me that's your worst present...

23. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    MerryChristmas

Hey people. Sorry I haven't been on recently. I have pretty much just had time to be on one board (My mom got this weird idea that I shouldn't be on the computer all the time) cuz I have been doing a lot of stuff online and if I don't check often I get lost...

Early New Year's resolution: check at the EUDF at least once a week.

Now that I have read more books I might be a bit more useful in some discussions...When I joined I had only read one series of EUDF, and not the most popular either. Well TTYL.

NOTE: I got a PS2 for Christmas(well technically the family). And my little sister utterly demolished me at Frogger. Cept in the racing section...That was about even in skill.

24. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Someone might want to update the link on the bottom of the page. It's to the old site.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Done. I PMed Gandolf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.