Expanded Universe Defense Force

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DVader316, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Greetings, my friends.

Well, once again we are moving to a new Home Base. :) Our most recent thread reached well over 14,000 plus posts, an amazing feat but one that put much strain on the server so I was asked if we would mind starting a new thread, and here we are ! Anyway, we may be in a new location but nothing has changed as far as the EUDF is concerned. Read ahead and see for yourselves... :)

WELCOME to the relocated "headquarters" of the original Defense Force, the EUDF. For those curious about our history, our first thread by Ganner was started here in the Literature forum. After awhile, we re-started here and here in the EU Misc. forums, and spent some time here in the Role-Playing forums. Then we moved back into EUC, to this thread. *Whew* :p As you can see, he have a long and distinquished history as a part of theforce.net's Jedi Council.

What is the Exanded Universe Defense Force all about? I'm glad you asked!

***MISSION STATEMENT***

The PURPOSE of the EU Defence Force is to defend the Expanded Universe, its fans and creators from the vicious attacks, misinformation, bigotry and intolerance perpetrated by "EU-Bashers."

What we are doing in the EUDF is defending the rights of EU Fans, also known as "completists," to speculate freely in the Forums using EU data as the basis of that speculation. The EUDF also defends the right for completists to enjoy EU material without fear of being persecuted or belittled by movies-only fans, also known as "purists." We recognize that certain persons (known as EU Bashers)VICIOUSLY attack anyone who uses EU to speculate or states their enjoyment of EU material.

Such bashers vary in intensity. Some only attack the EU when mentioned in speculation. Some attempt to say that EU-based discussion has NO PLACE in certain Forums. Some attack the EU AND the person who mentioned it. Some attack the EU, the person who mentioned it, the author of the book, his fans and anyone else remotely involved.

Now there are some people who like the EU, but disagree about its use in speculation. These are NOT bashers. There are also some who dislike the EU personally, but don't shove that fact down anybody's throat, but simply state their viewpoint with civility. These, also, are NOT bashers.

Now let me tell you what the EUDF is NOT:

We are NOT a group who goes around and forces people to like the EU. We are also NOT a group who runs in and argues every time someone says the EU is stupid or something. We are only interested in when those people start attacking speculators, fans, or the right of fans to speculate. Everyone is free to enjoy the EU as much or as little as they choose.

We are the Expanded Universe Defense Force, not the Expanded Universe Attack Force. Our goal is to pacify EU-bashing flame wars, NOT to incite them.

***RULES AND REGULATIONS***

1) Back-up your teammates in their defense of the EU and it's fans.

2) Alert your fellow EUDF-ers of any "enemy activity". It is best if you provide the "jump coordinates," or link to such activity. This can can be done by using the EZcodes to make a hyperlink. The current code (5/10/02) is text about site. When done successfully, it'll look like this. Please make a note if the link is to a Spoilers Allowed Forum, as some of our members DON'T want to be "in the know" about the upcoming movies.

3) NO FLAMING of others in defense of the EU. Be able to intelligently defend your views while maintaining a sense of dignity and respect. If you
  2. C-3PX Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice, a new home! :)
    Silver 7, got the first post!!! :D
  3. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Silver 4 ready for duty.
  4. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Blue 5....

Hey are you posting the Creed and the Rosters?

EDIT: Good Job......just need the updated roster and the.....
  5. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's going up. DV has the rosters, but he needed a mod to get at the coding.
  6. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  7. Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    (Settles in)

Wow, a new base is like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constrictive, then it becomes a part of you. :) [/Garth] :p
  8. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    thank you....I also edited.....we must have been doing it at the same time
  9. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Neat! I was wondering when they were gonna do this. I thought that the upper limit was 10,000 posts.

EDIT: Sweet Salma Hayek [face_shocked] Do you realize that we did 14,000+ posts in UNDER 4 months? Holy Shinoli!
  10. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    boy, this thread sure does a LOT of relocating............

Yeah, I think the limit is/was 10,000......at least I remember one of the original Mara Jade Fan Club threads reaching that and having to be closed.
  11. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    its about time we stated a new thread.

where is the roster?
  12. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Now I'm at the ground floor of a new thread. :D

What's up, all?
  13. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Roster's up, guys. Make sure you check it for any errors that I might have made, and there also have been a couple of promotions.

Also, very special thanks to Gandolf the Grey for helping me with that first post.

Looks like we're officially underway, guys ! :D

:::cuts ribbon and pops bottle of champagne:::
  14. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    looks very good boss

I am just glad to be on the 1st page of a huge thread.
  16. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Its been fixed, Stryker.

:::Kicks feet onto new desk as he surveys his new suite:::

Im really liking this new Base... :)
  17. Kwenn Force Ghost

star 5
    Ahh...I've lost count of the times I've arrived in a new EUDF thread...but it's good to be here!

One thing...DV, you forgot to add 'Old Folks Home' after the title!! ;)
  18. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    :::brings in balloons and star wars posters to decorate the new base:::

Does that make it more homey? :) :D ;)

19. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Kwenn Force Ghost

star 5
    Only one page for the EUDF is nice, but just wait; tomorrow there'll be 10-odd pages to wade through...

:(
  21. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    That's why you have Info people; they can tell you what's been going on. :D
  22. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    That's why you have Info people; they can tell you what's been going on.

Stryker, but nobody tells us anything.....I ask like everyday, and I never get a response :p
  23. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I wouldn't be surprised if this thread reaches at least a few hundred by next week (or maybe even 1000 posts ;)

But anyway.........

No problem threads to report? Everything quiet on the EU front?
  24. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't seen anything. :(

I'm never gonna get promoted!! :_|
  25. C-3PX Force Ghost

star 6
    Star Wars Miscellaneous is quiet...

...maybe Stryker you need to stage a disturbance then deal with it. 8-} J/K!!!
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.