main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Universe Defense Force

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DVader316, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The WIlhelm scream is a sound effect that has been reused in tons of movies and is pretty identifyable. It's been used in pretty nearly every Lucasfilm production. It's called a Wilhelm since one of it's earliest uses was used ina movie where it was emmited by a cowboy named Wilhelm, who gets shot in the leg with an arrow.

There was a TF.N article about 3 years ago that had links to a video file that had most of it's uses up to TPM in it, I'll edit in a link.

EDIT-

This has a list of every known use of the Wilhelm:

http://www.hollywoodlostandfound.net/wilhelm.html

Here's a video with many of these uses:

low-rez

hi-rez

2. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I saw TTT on the day it came out, and ditto Kwenn. The Gollum scenes were very good, and though the whole Arwen part confused me the cinematography in the scene where Elrond is talking to her about what will happen if she marries Aragorn is just beautiful. But was anyone else upset about Jackson's portrayal of Faramir? He made him seem evil and Boromir-ish though he isn't in the book! [face_devil]

Ah yes...anything going on?

3. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I don't think so. It seems the bashers are taking a break for the holidays. ;)

4. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say I'm still alive. I couldn't log in since thursday, but I finally got it working tonight.

5. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    yeah, the portyal of Faramir pissed me off, along with no Shelob

6. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Evening all! Haven't poked my head in in a while and was just wondering what's up?

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Please NO SPOILERS FOR Two Towers! I'm not going to get to see it until at least Christmas Day! :(

Thanks.

Feel free to spoil the OTHER TTT, though. 8-}

8. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I don't know the invisible code for this color scheme but since I didn't see it and don't plan to, oh well.

Axl.

9. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    We talking about TTT?

Well, I thought the Helm's Deep battle was the best one I've seen on screen since the AOTC Clone War battle.

And Aragorn= :D

And Gollum= :D :D :D :D

And Gimil= [face_laugh]

Well, I've seen TTT...and it was too long and boring. The battles were good, but too few and far between. The story dragged on, and I almost fell asleep a number of times. Having said that, all the Gollum scenes were great - and the bits where he talks to himself, changing from nice and sweet to dark and evil were brilliant. The character as both a CGI creation and as a genuine actor was stunning.

[face_shocked]

DESTROY THE INFIDEL!!!!!

Oh, and I found the famous Wilhiem (sp?) scream too! It's when somkeone falls off a wall during the Helm's Deep battle.

I noticed that, too. :)

10. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I just wanted to stop in and wish the EUDF a Happy Holidays before I left on vacation. :)

11. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Yeah. Happy Holidays, peeps. I'm not going to be here this week, because of Christmas stuff, so I give command of Silver Squad to Jedi_Liz.

Don't screw this up, Liz. ;)

12. The_Supreme_Jedi

The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I wish to help in the defence of the EU. I believe that it adds so much more to the Star Wars universe. I have met up with one semi-basher just to let you guys know. I'll look into it a bit more before I say anything else though.

13. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    How does Liz get command?!? I out rank her!

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Thanks Tie! (*discretely slips Tie the 2nd season of Transformers*)

C-3PX, I honestly have no idea HOW that happened......but I would suggest going back to the MJFC once in awhile. ;) 8-}

Are the bashers causing any trouble tonight? ;)

15. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I try but I was away! :(

16. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    SPOILERS AND/OR BIASED OPINIONS

I saw TTT on Friday... and it was a fantastic movie, but stank compared to FOTR. Legolas was hot as always, and thank goodness he had more to do. I even liked the odd bits of humor thrown into this one- Gimli not being able to see over the wall and having the dead things fall on him... but my favorite was when Aragorn came to Helm's Deep after they thought he was dead- and Legolas, in way of greeting, says "You look terrible!" I cracked up! You know, because of all the teaseing the Men gave the Elves on set because the Elves looked so pretty and never got dirty and bloody or anything, and Leggy just comes out and says it! [face_laugh] I laughed out loud and got some strange looks.

And I, too, was pissed when there was no evil spider and no Quickbeam.

END SPOILERS AND BIASED OPINIONS

17. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    SPOILERS

Gee, I forgot about quickbeam. Thanks a lot, and all I had to complain about was Shelob....and Haldir's death.... though it was touching, moreso since I had read the silmarillion....

P.S. I was with a group of about twenty, and we all laughed at the "You look terrible" part, and everyone in the theatre looked at us too. [face_mischief]

END SPOILERS

18. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    SPOILERS

Gee, I forgot about quickbeam. Thanks a lot, and all I had to complain about was Shelob....and Haldir's death.... though it was touching, moreso since I had read the silmarillion....

P.S. I was with a group of about twenty, and we all laughed at the "You look terrible" part, and everyone in the theatre looked at us too. [face_mischief]

END SPOILERS

19. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jan 5, 2001
    SPOILERS

END SPOILERS

20. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    DON'T READ UNLESS YOU"RE SPOILED ROTTEN

I was sad about Haldir... I tried to read the Simerillian (I know my spelling stinks) once, but it was too... full of stuff for me. All those names and places and things to remember... I guess I'll have to go read it again now. I also wished they had shown Pippin and Merry drinking Ent-food and getting taller.

NON-SPOILED ONES MAY NOW READ

Except I have nothing to say... oh yeah! Emode has jumped on the Star Wars Quiz bandwagon... you can go there and take the "Which Star Wars charecter are you" quiz. I got Yoda. I always get Yoda! Just once, I'd like t be Leia or Padme... *sigh* Ah well.

EDIT: And I see you're still hatin' on the AF, Mazzara ;) :p
    *Sings the Prancing Bantha theme song*
    Hey, ho to the bottle I go
    To heal my heart and drown my woe
    Rain may fall and wind may blow
    But there still be many miles to go

Sweet is the sound of falling rain
    And the stream that jumps from hill to plain
    Sweeter than rain or rippling brook
    Is a mug of beer inside this Took!

21. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm obi wan :cool:

22. Cyber_SkyForce

Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2002
    I was R2-D2. No complaints there

I saw TTT friday. I can't say it was perfect but it was good. Couldn't get over how they left out selob or how they ruined filimar... but beyond that the battles where very good.

23. Aged-Master-Genghis

Aged-Master-Genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    Good morning Padawans! The Genghis is very pleased with talk about The Two Towers. When he sees these comments, the Genghis says to himself "Hello self! How are you today?" and the self answers back "Wonderful, Master Genghis. Thank you for asking! And how are you today?" And the Genghis answers

The Two Towers. The Genghis really enjoyed the movie, although he did not enjoy it as much as he did the Fellowship of the Rings. He especially liked the first few minutes. The Genghis was pleased to see Gandalf beat the papooky out of the balrog. The Genghis also thought it was very funny the way that Gandalf was falling down the shaft and looked over and says "Oh look! There's Glamdring. I might need that in a minute!"

The Genghis also liked when the guards at Rohan tried to stop Gandalf from entering the hall of King Theoden:

"Surely you wouldn't begrudge an old man his walking stick..."
    "These are not the droids you're looking for..."

The Genghis laughed a little when Gandalf was freeing Theoden from Count Dooku's -oops! He means- Saruman's influence. He thinks that Gandalf looked like a TV evangelist, all dressed in white. "The power of Gandalf frees casts out evil! Can I get an amen!"

The Genghis also really enjoyed Gollum. The scenes where he was talking to himself seemed familiar somehow ;)

The Genghis loved seeing more of Arwen, she is almost as yummy as Salma Hayek! OHO!! The Genghis now knows why he kept getting Arwen & Eowyn confused when he read the books years ago.

But most of all, the Genghis loved the music at the end credits. Creepy. He thought it was Beth Gibbons from Portishead at first.

24. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    I got Leia on the quiz! :D Weird, I usually get Yoda too.

I haven't seen TTT yet! :_| Stupid school!

25. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    How does Liz get command?!? I out rank her!

Because...

Thanks Tie! (*discretely slips Tie the 2nd season of Transformers*)

...she does stuff like this! :D

Thanks.

And let's not forget the dozens of times you've tried to kill me over at Sturms. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.