Expanded Universe Discussions

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by Jedi_Knight_Seifer, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Whoe here is into the EU of Star Wars? I'm really into it a lot. Some people ridicule it because they don't want to take the time to sit down and read the books. Most of which are very insightful to the Star Wars universe. Anyway if anyone has an opinion on it or what ever just post here.
  2. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've read Star Wars Books, such as parts of the Rogue Squadren Series, and Tales of the Bounty Hunters, but I do't think I have read any of the EU series, maybe I should start. If I was to start which one do you think I should read first?
  3. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have read The Approaching Storm and Rogue Planet and then that's about it for Star Wars books besides this other one which I can't remember the name, and Episode 1 too. :)
  4. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmm...maybe I should read them, but where to begin? I mean there are so many out there! lol
  5. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, Alex. Do you want the chronological order of just the books?

44 years before SW:ANH- Jedi Apprentice Series
    33- Darth Maul: Saboteur, Cloak of Deception
    32.5- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
    32- Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace
    29- Rogue Planet
    22.5- The Approaching Storm
    22- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
    20- Star Wars: Episode III
    10-0- The Han Solo Triogy: The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn
    5-2- The Adventures of Lando Calrissian: Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu, Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon, Land Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka; The Han Solo Adventures: Han Solo at Star's End, Han Solo's Revenge, Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
    Year 0- Star Wars: A New Hope
    0-3- Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Splinter of the Mind's Eye
    3- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Tales of the Bounty Hunters
    3.5- Shadows of the Empire
    4- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Tales from Jabba's Palace, The Bounty Hunter Wars: The Mandalorian Armor, Slave Ship, Hard Merchandise; The Truce at Bakura
    6.5-7.5- X-wing: Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command
    8- The Courtship of Princess Leia
    9- The Thrawn Trilogy: Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command; X-wing: Isard's Revenge
    11- I,Jedi, The Jedi Academy trilogy: Jedi Search, Dark Apprentice, Champions of the Force
    12-13- Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, Planet of Twilight, X-wing: Starfighters of Adumar
    14- The Crystal Star
    16-17- The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy: Before the Storm, Shield of Lies, Tyrant's Test
    17- The New Rebellion
    18- The Corellian Trilogy: Ambush at Corellia, Assault at Selonia, Showdown at Centerpoint
    19- The Hand of Thrawn Duology: Specter of the Past, Vision of the Future
    22- Junior Jedi Knights series
    23-24- Young Jedi Knights series
    25-30- THE NEW JEDI ORDER: Vector Prime, Dark Tide Duology: Onslaught, Ruin; Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial, Jedi Eclipse; Balance Point, Recovery, Edge of Victory: Conquest, Rebirth; Star by Star, Dark Journey, Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream, Rebel Stand; Traitor, Destiny's Way, Force Heretic: Remnant, Refugee, Reunion
  6. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, thanks BartSimpson-SithLord that was surely helpful. I guess I had been reading EU books but never really noticed it till now. [face_laugh] I have the Rogue Squadren series. Very good bunch of books.
  7. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes the X-wing series is a good series. Right now I am reading the New Jedi Order series and let me tell you this is a really good series. The thing that most people don't like about it is that they are killing off some major characters. One of them was my favorite character who is also my icon on here.
  8. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That sounds like a great series, perhaps I should read it. I am also reading Episode 2 I love reading the books, for they add alot into them. :)
  9. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I know. But I still have hope that the book, "The Final Prophecy" will be about a return of some kind........
  10. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  11. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I haven't heard a whole lot about The Final Prophecy. Who did you have in mind? I'm still waiting in anticipation for the rest of The Force Heretic trilogy. My stomach gets the flutters just thinking about them.
  12. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What book series is that of, and what is the main points needed into it? Do you happen to know Jedi_Knight_Seifer?
  13. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Thats in the NJO(New Jedi Order) series. And what did you mean by your other quesion? "and what is the main points needed into it?"
  14. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You know what Jedi_Knight_Seifer the scary part is I am not sure myself. [face_laugh] I think I was meaning the plot of the story. Man I must be getting old [face_laugh]
  15. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, to summarize it. Empire and New Republic have peace when an extragalactic threat emerges. One that cannot be felt through the force. Now this is only the basis for the start of the series, "Vector Prime". We won't spoil the whole thing for you. And I can't wait to find out who the girl on the cover of "Reunion" is.
  16. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, come on! Please tell me! Oh fine then... [face_laugh] I'll just ask *grabs some guy off the street* YOU! *guy runs away* Oh alright...I'll read it.
  17. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah I can't wait either but I have to wait until June I think. They should be finishing the series some time this year. That really is going to suck but you never know what they'll come up with next.
  18. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes like "The adventures of Chewbacca." [face_laugh] poor Chewy, risked his life just to save a few helpless people [face_laugh]
  19. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Umm I don't know if I should tell you this but Chewy is dead. Not sure if you knew that or not. He died in the first book of the NJO series. Sorry. Although there are some books coming out soon that deal with time before the NJO series. So he could and probably will be in those books. Like Tatooine Ghosts.
  20. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, poor Chewy. He died a terrible way, but it would be cool if they made a series devote to him. [face_laugh]
  21. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I thought it was cool the way that he died. I mean it took a moon to finally bring him down. That's awesome.
  22. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah. A perfect thing for his tombstone: "Chewbacca, loyal friend and companion. Risked his life many times for his friends and only a moon could take him from us."

Yeah, "The Unifying Force" or something to that effect is the final book of the series. Maybe there will be "Super Young Jedi Knights" the growing of Baby Ben. Be there when he uses the force to take his first steps!

23. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Lol, that would be funny. But yeah a series that takes place after the NJO series would probably be cool.
  24. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They need more series on the Sith. Much like my RPG's. Ah, Lord Athrenino, [face_laugh] & might I forget Lord Brins, and Vanessa?
  25. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah I thought of that too. Like some should be before the Old Republic era, The Sith era. Those would be cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.