main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Expanded Universe/Legends References in Solo (Spoilers, Obviously)

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jedi Merkurian , May 28, 2018.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    So, L3's brain was originally from a R3 astromech.

According to the EU, one of the Falcon's three droid brains was from an R3.

2. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Maybe we could ask online. I don't think I've seen an art book so directly state something like that in the past.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    If they make Exar Kun canon again, I will personally send each and every employee of Lucasfilm a box of chocolates.

OK, I won't, but I'll be very happy indeed. :p

4. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Apparently the Visual Guide says that Dryden Vos owns a Rakata Wraith Box, a mysterious and deadly device from SWTOR. The Rakata of course were first introduced in Knights of the Old Republic as an ancient race who used the Dark Side to power technology that enabled them to conquer the stars. In that game, the player encounters a "Mysterious Box" that contains the imprisoned mind of a long-dead Rakatan warrior. This "wraith box" could be a similar device.

Rakata Prime, the Rakatan homeworld, was previously canonised by a star map in a companion piece to The Force Awakens.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Wraith Box is a deep ToR reference. When one was opened by four Dark Lords in the closing years of Pall’s reign, three of them died.

The Skaysh Chronicles tell the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Ah thanks. I never played SWTOR so was pulling the specific Wraith Box info from Wookieepedia. It'd be cool if it was similar in some way to the Mind Prison, but I gather they're fairly different.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That might've been another of my complaints about the movie. They named-dropped Aurra Sing in the movie just to give her a very anti-climactic fate at the hands of a new character?

KikReask likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Eh, before we heard Aurra Sing’s name in the film, none of us had any expectation that we’d ever hear about Aurra Sing again. So I just enjoyed it as some fun world-building that utilized existing rather than new canon.

9. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    That was probably my favorite Easter Egg of the entire movie! I want to know how that whole thing happened!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    I don't think they referenced it directly but when Han talks like a Wookiee, I think in the young Han Solo trilogy he grows up around a Wookiee and learned some of their language

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Savareen brandy. IIRC, that came from the WEG RPG supplement, Fragments from the Rim... unless somebody has seen an earlier reference? AFAIC, that makes the entire supplement canon, which it totally deserves to be.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    There was also Mandalorian armor on Vos's ship if I'm not mistaken.

Also The "Sisters" that Val suggests hiring might be Legends characters as well.

Maul mentions being on Dathomir.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I've been meaning to read those - and with the reference in Solo, I'm even more interested. Are they worth picking up?

Malachi108 likes this.
  14. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    OMG i'm in heaven. My avatar won't let me lie. [face_laugh]

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like them. Mostly stand-alone stories. Some references picked up later on in the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin.
    And other things. Or have been ret-conned to fit or could possibly fit if they ever get back and expand the Pre-DOTJ stuff.

Malachi108 and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Exar is now the first Sith to cross over. Second if you count Bane.

17. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    The visual guide has made it clear that Disney is thinking about that Old Republic era. Exar Kun, Quel-Droma, Revan, and Malak all exist within the same timespan roughly. As I remember it explained in the Knights of the Old Republic video game, Exar Kun's conquest happened 40 years prior to the search for the Star Forge.

Frankly, Exar Kun, Ulic Quel-Droma, Revan, and Malak are all more interesting characters with interesting backstories than all of the baddies they've created for the new trilogy. They'd be wise to bring them back.

18. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Exar Kun has not crossed over, Leland Chee clarified as much on Twitter. That's like saying that Luke is canonically a girl in A New Hope, because there's concept art of such.

And Bane originated with Lucas during the making of The Phantom Menace.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I knew about Bane that’s why I said if you count Bane. All the Exar Kuun thing implies is that someone named Exar Kuun existed at some point nothing else about him in Legends has come with that.

20. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Bummer.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It seems that Dryden Vos is a collector of ancient Sith artifacts.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IMO, the author totally failed to capture Lando's voice. It didn't seem like him at all. Also, that Lando would never cheat at sabacc. It seemed like it was practically a religion to book-Lando.

23. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    The Idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark was on Dryden's table as well.

I believe they mentioned Coronet -- a city on Corellia

Maul's blade was constructed from an Inquisitors [I guess that is in-universe]

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  24. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Teras Kasi was in Shadows of the Empire before it was a video game. Steve Perry based it on Silat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jedi Merkurian and squir1y like this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Dathomir has been canon it was featured prominently in TCW.

Last edited: May 31, 2018