main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Expanded Universe/Legends References in Solo (Spoilers, Obviously)

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jedi Merkurian , May 28, 2018.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A point was made of how that Lando "cheats to lose" - to avoid demoralising his opponents, to lull them into a false sense of security, and so on".

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Reading the Exar Kun comics and then playing KOTOR, I thought it would have made more sense for KOTOR to have taken place centuries or millenia after the Exar Kun era. However, the new canon could create a stronger connection between Kun and Revan if they wanted to.

It's also interesting that, both in-universe and out-of-universe, Exar Kun's lightsaber inspired you-know-who's lightsaber.

Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Might be the Tonnika sisters, from the cantina.

whostheBossk and PCCViking like this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's funny that Carida appears and one of the concept artists had Exar Kun in mind because in Legends, Exar Kun convinces someone to destroy Carida.

PCCViking likes this.
  5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Val said "the Zan sisters". Not sure if that's the correct spelling. Maybe it's Zann or Zhan. Or, maybe it's Zahn, but not pronounced like (Timothy) Zahn (zon). It could be Zahn, but pronounced Zann, like how Lando would probably say Timothy's last name.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They might have just renamed them for whatever reason.

Sarge and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's the Xan Sisters, according to the Swedish subtitles.

8. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Tonnika Sisters are still called that per "A Certain Point of View" -- in fact I guess from looking at their Legends page on The Wook, the Tonnika Sisters in the Cantina weren't really the Tonnika Sisters in Legends, but in Canon they are... one of those Legends "Greedo is his own dad" retcons that we're better off without, really.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Sarge and PCCViking like this.
  9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I was surprised that there were multiple references to the lesser-known Smith novels, but none that I saw to the Solo books by Brian Daley. Although, the movie is very much in the spirit of the latter.

Sarge likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, strictly speaking, Daley's books took place after Han got the Falcon, and therefore after Smith's books. So, it's possible that, if the events of Daley's novels do become canon, they would still be in the future.

Sarge likes this.
  11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I meant regarding some hints about Han's past that are given in Daley's books, like being decorated for bravery and Chewie (we assume) standing up for him at his court-martial. Still, you have a point. If they make "Solo 2" (and I wouldn't object if they did) we may see a few items from the books.

12. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015

And a big box of Christmas meat! Sizzling Nerf kabobs

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The lastest Star Wars Show has Pablo Hidalgo touring the set of Dryden's office, where we get some nice, detailed shots of objects that are direct EU/Legends references.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    EDIT: never mind.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I had not noticed the Sith Holocron before. It was like conspicuous foreshadowing for Maul. :p

16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That's one big Holocron.