main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Universe Quote Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sn4tcH, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I didn't see one when I did a search, and I'm reading Isards Revenge, and it got me thinking about quotes. So, post your favorite EU quotes here, and maybe a lil info of who/what/where the quote is from.

Also, I am a newb, for the most part. Not a newb to Star Wars or anything, but a newb to the boards. :)

2. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    "I don't know how long you will survive there. I do know that you will die there. Die slowly."

-Sil Sorannon, ejecting Nil Spaar into hyperspace

3. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Welcome to the boards!

Hmm, my favorite quote at the moment:

""I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of surviving... and getting to the end of the war and discovering that I'm all alone. That everyone I knew and cared for is gone." -Jaina Solo, Rebel Dreams (can't quite remember the exact context, but it works well as a stand alone)

4. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    There used to be on here, but it was locked. Great idea to bring it back :) . I had a quote on the tip of my tongue but soon lost it... :(

*gies off to look for it in the Rogue Squadren Series*

5. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I have a lot but I think this one's my favorite:

"What is pain for," she murmured after a time. "Do you ever think about that, Jacen Solo? What is its function? Many of our more devout masters believe that pain is the lash of the True Gods: that suffering is how the True Gods teach us to disdain comfort, our bodies, even life itself. For myself, I say that pain is itself a god: the taskmaster of life. Pain cracks the whip, and all that lives will move. The most basic instinct of life is to retreat from pain. To hide from it. If going here hurts, even a granite slug will go over there; to live is to be a slave to pain. To be 'beyond pain' is to be dead, yes?"

-Vergere's exlpianation of pain to Jacen Solo. From Traitor by Matthew Woodring Stover

6. ResurrectedPalpatine

ResurrectedPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2005
    Luke: (in dark empire): Through the power of the Force, your hold over me has been lifted.
    Palpatine: So be it Jedi... Then through the power of the Force you shall die!

Luke: (also dark empire) Your power over me has been lifted. When i destory your clones, your reign will be at an end.
    Palpatine: Then.. I must die! ( as his body is enveloped in darkside energies

Sorry but Dark Empire is the best EU comic/book of all time.

7. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    "You don't eat a barve like that all at once."
    -Boba Fett, "Tales from Jabba's Palace"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.