main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Expanded Universe Quotes You Like

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeAreJedi

WeAreJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Ben: "In the future, I suggest that we only ever fight guys who set up their lairs in posh hotel suites. With sunlight and buffets and sanisteams and dancers."
    Luke: "Son, if you could figure out how to make that a reality, I'd make you the head of the Jedi Order."
    Ben: [shuddering] "Pretend I never said that."

"If you start to feel evil, tell me as soon as possible. Don't wait and cut my hand off first." ―Ben Skywalker

Luke: "Your feelings betray you, Ben."
    Ben: "Betray me? Do they stab me in the back, or do they just give me a swift kick in the butt?"

Mara: "The Emperor would have considered you a sentimental fool who deserved to die."
    Corran: "I'll remember that next time I dance on his grave."

Mara: "Luke, I don't want to discourage your curiosity, but I have to remind you, if something goes wrong, this is an exceptionally embarrassing way to die."
    Luke: "I'll trust you to improve the story. Luke Skywalker goes out in a blaze of glory in battle with a red devourer."

"That's what attachment is, isn't it? It's not loving somebody. It's not marrying somebody. It's not having kids. It's being where, if something goes wrong, there's nothing left of you." - Ben Skywalker

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's." ―Corran Horn

"Daala sees defiance, Daala crushes defiance. It's the same strategy she learned sitting on Tarkin's lap." ―Han Solo

Finn: "You. Want. To. Put. The. Blaster. Down."
    Han Solo: "You. Want. To. Practice. Your. Jedi. Mind. Trick."

"Kiss my Wookiee!" - Han Solo

Han Solo: "Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal."
    Comm Voice: "What happened?"
    Han Solo: "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

"You're good Corran, but you're no Luke Skywalker." Wedge. Antilles

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    "Pretty. What do we blow up first?"
    Myn Donos, to Wedge Antilles

Wedge: "Colonel Fel."
    Jag: "Yes, Uncle?"
    Wedge: "You should return to the dais and greet those people you bypassed. They're fairly important."
    Jag: "They're politicians."
    Wedge: "The impression is that you skipped them because they are not human."
    Jag: "If they believe I did not greet them because they are not human, they are stupid. I did not greet them because they are politicians."
    Wedge Antilles and Jagged Fel

Jaina: "Jag, do you even know how to use a lightsaber?"
    Jag: "I know Lesson One. Don't grab the glowy end."
    Jaina Solo, to Jagged Fel, on Kashyyyk during the Second Galactic Civil War

"Darling. I love you, you are my life and my light. If you ever do this to me again I will vape you where you stand."
    Mara Jade Skywalker, to Luke Skywalker, on pregnancy

Padmé: "Politics is an ancient and noble calling. Without politicians our societies would descend into anarchy and chaos."
    Obi-Wan: "I thought they'd done that already. It certainly looked that way the last time I was in the Senate."
    Padmé: "I'm not claiming the system is perfect. Obviously there's room for improvement, when—"
    Obi-Wan: "A great deal of room, yes. Enough room to house about a dozen Republic warships, I'd say. Possibly two dozen. Maybe three."
    Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala

I could go on. I have whole pages saved.

Anything by Ben Skywalker, seriously. Such a snarker. And lots of Wedge Antilles.

3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Thrackan: "All right. General Antilles, acting as Chief of State and Minister of War for Corellia, I hereby order you to communicate with your daughter Syal and do your genuine best to persuade her to follow whatever course of action I recommend to her. Is that clear enough?"
    Wedge: "Absolutely."
    Thrackan: "And?"
    Wedge: "Go to hell."
    Thrackan: "Antilles, you've refused a direct order given during a military crisis, and I have it on record. Should I choose to, I can have security agents haul you away right now. I can conduct your trial within the hour and have you executed by morning."
    Wedge: "Of course you can. You could also have me assassinated in a time of peace for having nicer hair than you. If I worried about that sort of thing, I'd never get any sleep."
    ―Thracken Sal-Solo and Wedge Antilles

4. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Who I am is not important, my message is.- Revan

What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?- Bastilla Shan

Only I have been both Jedi and Sith and found clarity in the Force.- Revan

My time here is ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well.- Darth Revan

You, Revan, are the single greatest warrior of this age, and any battle we fight will bring me honor.- Canderous Ordo

I am the Dark Lord who will restore the Sith to glory. They call me Bane.- Darth Bane

Power is its own purpose. To share it is to dilute it. You delude yourself, pretender.- Darth Bane

Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses.- Darth Bane

You are forever lost to the worlds you knew.- Vergere

Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me.- Vergere ^:)^

The Order can't wait for a great Jedi Knight to lead it. That's what everyone thought I was, and when I died, too much died with me. Don't make the same mistake I did, don't let anyone push you into that. Every Jedi has to be his own light, because the light shouldn't go out when one Jedi dies.- Anakin Solo

If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself… and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory.- Kreia ^:)^

I was the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith. I am Exar Kun.- Exar Kun

Exar Kun, because of you, the Sith will never die.- Marka Ragnos

For Anakin, there is nothing more important than friendship.- Obi-Wan Kenobi

You are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf.- Darth Vader

I know what I don't want to do—I don't want to be part of an order or a select group. I don't want to be looked to as the guiding light of the new fealty, and I don't want to be surrounded by students who'll ask more of me than I can explain. Most of all, I don't want to be an object of fascination or admiration, because that'll only distract me from what I really need to learn. I don't have dreams of being a lightsaber master or an ace starfighter pilot, and I'm not on a campaign to change anyone or anything, except myself, maybe, just to clear away some of the confusion that's built up.- Jacen Solo :_| Oh Jacen, what happened to you?

And of course I have to include these:

None of the stories people tell about me can change who I really am. -Luke Skywalker

The stronger you become in the Force, the more you can do, the more that's expected of you, and the less your life belongs to you. -Luke Skywalker

xezene, Minez01 and Zeta1127 like this.
  5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Scorch: "Wow!"
    Sev: "It's a fish, Scorch, you'll get over it. So will the fish."

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Love the dynamic between Scorch and Sev. [face_laugh]

7. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    The StarWarsBooks facebook totally stole this thread idea!

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Which means Darth Internus may lurk among us. [face_thinking]

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Find him!

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This story happened a long time ago in a galaxy far,
    far away. It is already over. Nothing can be done to
    change it.
    It is a story of love and loss, brotherhood and betrayal,
    courage and sacrifice, and the death of dreams. It is a story
    of the blurred line between our best and our worst.
    It is the story of the end of an age.
    A strange thing about stories-
    Though this all happened so long ago and so far away
    that words cannot describe the time or the distance, it is
    also happening right now. Right here.
    It is happening as you read these words.
    This is how twenty-five millennia come to a close. Cor-
    rupption and treachery have crushed a thousand years of
    peace. This is not just the end of a republic; night is falling
    on civilization itself.
    This is the twilight of the Jedi.
    The end starts now.

The page before the Introduction: The Age of Heroes in the Revenge of the Sith novelzation

11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    "a commodity which, after hydrogen and stupidity, was the most plentiful in the galaxy" - Corran Horn on the TIE Fighter cockpit and ion engine assembly.

"you'd be amazed at how effective these things are in opening doors" - Corran Horn on Lightsabers.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    To Han Solo, the galaxy seemed a more dangerous place by far. Last line of Vector Prime.
    That whole last paragraph was amazing but I don't have the time to find the book and type it all out

xezene likes this.
  13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    From Jaden's sig on the temp forum.

"Stupid, stupid. A big fat diversion―the oldest trick on the list. And I fell for it like some dumb farm kid."
    "Watch your language." - Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker from Vision of the Future

14. Halagan

Halagan Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2012
    One of the few I seem to remember:

"That's funny."
    "Funny ha-ha or funny we're about to die?"
    Tahiri and Corran Horn, from The Final Prophecy

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Even stars burn out.
    The dragon inside Anakin Skywalker ROTS novelization

xezene, Sinrebirth and Zeta1127 like this.
  16. Cpt_Typo

Cpt_Typo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    That was my favorite part of the whole story. I wish I still had the book.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This made the book even more epic. I knew this book was going to be good when I got it and this proved me right. That is the best page in all of Star Wars. This made the book meaningful, that it would change your life.

18. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Han: "Well, see, it happened this way: I won a planet in a card game and really wanted to see it badly. Meanwhile, the woman I love was planning to run off with another man, so I convinced her to take a short trip with me. Only when we got here, I found the skies full of warships that shot me down—because no one bothered to warn me that the planet was interdicted—and after we crashed, a bunch of witches decided to start a war over who gets the wreckage of my ship. So I'll tell you, Luke, I've had a really bad week so far. Now, to top it all off, I suppose you're going to lecture me, or arrest me, or beat me up. So tell me, how is your week going?"
    Luke: "About the same."

The Courtship of Princess Leia.

19. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    This is what it is like to be Anakin Skywalker. Forever. (end of ROTS novelization)

"What do you know of your destiny, Obi-Wan?"
    "Infinite sadness," he said with a smile. (from Outbound Flight?)

Luke: "What's a duck?" (either the novelization of ANH or Splinter of the Mind's Eye, I forget)

"Sometimes swirling destiny is just swirling destiny." (along with pretty much anything Jolee Bindo says)

Organic meatbags (and other things said by HK-47)

Pretty much any book involving X-Wing pilots, particularly Wedge, Corran, Jaina and Jag.

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Kyp: "How many has it been?"
    Q9-01: "IS THIS A REQUEST FOR DATA OR A RHETORICAL QUESTION?"
    Kyp: "Great. Now even droids are questioning my motives."
    Q9-01: "NOT AT ALL. THE DISCUSSION OF PHILOSOPHY IS READILY DISCERNIBLE FROM A CALL TO ACTION."
    Kyp: "I've noticed that."
    Q9-01: "TO AVOID FUTURE MISUNDERSTANDINGS, HOWEVER, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GIVE DIRECT ORDERS IN SECOND PERSON IMPERATIVE; FOR EXAMPLE, 'SET COORDINATES FOR THE ABREGADO SYSTEM,' OR 'DIVERT POWER TO THE REAR SHIELDS.'"
    Kyp: "How about 'Report to the maintenance bay for a personality graft?'"
    Q9-01: "IS THAT AN ORDER OR AN INSULT?"
    Kyp: "Whatever works."
    Kyp Durron, interacting with his astromech droid Q9-01[src]
    Kyp: "Still playing the philosopher, Zero-One?"
    Q9-01: "I FAIL TO COMPREHEND THE UNDERLYING SEMANTIC MEANING OF YOUR QUERY."
    Kyp: "It was what you might call 'a hint.' Stop gazing at your…central interface terminal and tend to astronavigation. We should be coming up on our hyperspace coordinates before long."
    Q9-01: "AS I AM WELL AWARE. IT IS POSSIBLE TO THINK AND ACT AT THE SAME TIME."
    Kyp: "Apparently you haven't attended any of the latest Jedi meetings."
    Q9-01: "YOU ARE THE ONLY JEDI WITH WHOM I INTERFACE. UNFORTUNATELY, I WAS NOT PROGRAMMED TO EXPERIENCE GRATITUDE."
    Kyp: "Was that a non sequitur or an insult?"
    Q9-01: "WHATEVER WORKS."

21. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    “This threshold is mine...Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass." -Ganner Rhysode

“When you always know what is right, where is freedom? No one chooses the wrong, Jacen Solo. Uncertainty sets you free." -Vergere

“Tycho, we're about to achieve a tremendous victory we don't want."
    "We'll put that in your biography. General Antilles was so good he couldn't fail when he tried to."
    "Thanks."
    -Wedge & Tycho

“Han we had the first kiss in the belly of a space slug. Believe me when I say that my expectations of doing anything remotely romantic with you have never been particularly high." -Leia

"That's not what the Empire would have done Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors or some other mistake and a hotshot enemy pilot would have dropped a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done." -Han

22. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Imperial Sourcebook:

"There are three ways to defeat your enemy. The first, and most obvious, is to better him in a trial of force. The best way is to have him destroy himself; few enemies are so obliging. The middle way is to destroy your enemy from within. Judicious application of the middle way shall make your blows more effective if you later take the way of force. From the middle way it is also possible to push your enemy onto the path of self-destruction."--Uueg Tching of Kitel Phard, 54th Emperor of Atrisia

23. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    "Emtrey, shut up. Shut up. Shut up."

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I posted this in another thread, but it does belong here:

"Honour is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Darth Bane/Revan.

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Can't go wrong with "Yub Yub, Commander." :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.