main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Expanded Universe Quotes You Like

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    "The Sarlacc found me somewhat...indigestible."

[​IMG]

2. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    "Here's the deal, you brake her heart, I brake your legs." - Boba Fett

"Elassar Targon, master of the universe, reporting for duty!"

"You should learn to shoot first, Solo."
    ―Boba Fett

"Reality doesn't care if you believe it."
    ―Boba Fett

"It's called a hologram. This is called a trap. And I'm calling you dead."
    ―Boba Fett, with a gun to Jodo Kast's head

"Unarmed...? Boba Fett is never unarmed."
    ―Boba Fett

3. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    "Everybody dies"
    "Yeah. Eventually. But it doesn't have to be today for either of us"
    "I do not know, trust is hard among enemies. Perhaps we should return to battle; perhaps, Han Solo we should let fly and let fate decide who will survive as we did when we were young."- Boba Fett to Han Solo

"There is no greater good than Justice; and only if a law serves Justice is it a good law.It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust , for the Just carry the law in their hearts , and do not need to call on it from afar. I bow to no one and I give service only for cause"-Boba Fett

"Reality doesn't care if you believe it"-Boba Fett

"I am like a veritable fable, warning against the karma caused by murdering others, a morality tale if you will. What utter irony.-HK 47

"Translation: 2% probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part master"-HK47 translating for a Jawa

"Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 Kilometers away with an aratech sniper rifle with a tri light scope...Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting recticle and together achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"-HK47

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    "Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm."---Mace Windu

"Kar Vastor is not the most dangerous man on the Korunnai Highland."

"You only say that because you don't really know him."

"I say that because he doesn't know me."
    ---Mace Windu and Nick Rostu

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Shatterpoint is a treasure-trove of awesome one-liners.

"Shooting at Jedi is a losing proposition." - Mace Windu

"I'm a prophet. I can see the future..."
    "Sure you can. What do you see?"
    "You. Bleeding"
    - Mace Windu and a random thug

7. nstinson2004

nstinson2004 Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2004
    I really like these

-- Tapatalk. Now free

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    All of Allana's quotes in Tempest! She was just adorable in that <3.

9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    "For Anakin, there is nothing more important than friendship. He is the most loyal man i've ever met-loyal beyond reason; in fact...abstractions like peace don't mean much to him. He's loyal to people, not to principles. And he expects loyalty in return. He will stop at nothing to save me, for example, because he thinks I would do the same for him...because he knows I would do the same for him."--Obi-Wan Kenobi

I really do love the ROTS Novelization. Stover shows such an excellent grasp of the characters, their motives, and the bonds that exist between them all.

"It is not simply enough to know the light...a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force....in himself and in the universe."--Thon

I love so many of the characters that Tales of the Jedi gave us, but Thon's definitely a standout among standouts. I feel he was interesting and wise enough to hold his own story easily. Similar to Yoda in a way, but with a different style altogether. It's a shame really that compared to works such as Kotor, TOTJ often doesn't receive as much attention.

"That HK Unit you destroyed, he waited loyally for 300 years. I can rebuild him, but it won't be the same."--Revan

Honestly there have been few moments in TOR that have made me feel, like really feel for the characters and care about what's going on, but just the sadness in this comment when Revan talks about HK is terribly heartbreaking. Makes me think of how Luke would feel if Artoo was every really destroyed, and its made worse by the fact that i've played through two games with HK as a teammate, and now i'm the one who's destroyed him. (Though there is his appearance in SW Galaxies)

"There is no passion...there is solely obsession.
    There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
    There is no purpose. There is solely will.
    There is nothing.
    Only me."
    --Darth Ruin

Needless to say Ruin's one of those Sith Lords who i'm very interested in and who I think needs a novel to expand the character.

Mentioned it before, but this quote really is just excellent.

"None of the stories people tell about me can change who I really am."--Luke Skywalker

That's probably one of the truest lines in the entire EU.

DarthRelaxus and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    "I am Revan Reborn and before me, you are nothing". Then continues to dismantle a member of the dark council. After he found his mask. Say what you want about the novel, that part was just pure badass.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

11. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Jedi Padawan

Oct 22, 2013
    "Sorry about my last message. Dad assures me that whining is a family trait and that I should be over it by the time I'm thirty, but that's not much comfort, because if you're any example, it just turns into complaining."
    Ben Skywalker, in a message to Jaina Solo

Luke: "Ben, what is our purpose as Jedi?"
    Ben: "Well… to keep the Force in balance and to help people stay in balance with the Force. To detect wrongs and make them right. To serve as models for very attractive lines of boots."
    Luke: "Let's go back one."

"Bang your head against the desktop, fast! Just checking whether the Force can have an affect on the weak-minded in text mode. I'm guessing not."
    Ben Skywalker, in a letter to Jaina Solo
    Ben: "I've… got a strange feeling."
    Luke: "What is it?"
    Ben: "As if… as if I've been here before!"
    Luke: "If I weren't such a tolerant parent I'd box your ears."
    Vestara: "I'll do it."
    Ben: "You would."
    Ben: "We're cleared to dock on spar three, module eleven. They're requesting our trade manifest."
    Luke: "Transmit 'three occupants, combat and insurgency skills.'"
    Ben: "That's not even a lie."
    Luke: "Sometimes a Jedi must deal with the disappointment of having to tell the truth."
    Mara: "Then all we have to do is cut our way through two hundred Vagaari soldiers and take over the ship."
    Luke: "Something like that. You game?"
    Mara: [shrugs] "Sure, why not? I didn't have anything else planned for after lunch."
    Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  12. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    I am Revan reborn, and before me, you are nothing!

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  13. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Refer to my quote below.....

14. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Thrawn: "You served too long under Lord Vader, Captain. I Have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own. My position and ego are not at stake here."

This was just one of many first impressions we got of who exactly Thrawn was, and it straightaway tore asunder any belief that the Grand Admiral was going to be a Vader rip-off, giving his character his own distinct personality.

Thrawn: "But it was so, artistically done."

Thrawn's ardent dedication to the study of art on full display during his final moments, following having been betrayed by his own bodyguard. Possibly, one of the most masterfully created visuals via a novelization imo, and in general one heck of a sendoff to a villain fans loved to hate.

Leebo: "Captain, I do not understand. Why do you not want Commander Skywalker and the others to know that we survived and made the jump to hyperspace?"
    Dash: "Well, as much fun as that was, I don't see us joining the ranks of that crazy Rebellion. Too dangerous, and too much money to be made elsewhere, my friend. On top of that, someone from Black Sun will take Xizor's place, and when that happens, you can bet your servo-motors they'll send every thug in the galaxy after us. But if everyone thinks we're dead, who's gonna be looking? Besides, it's good to be remembered as a martyr without actually having to be dead, wouldn't you say?"

...and with that Dash was only spotted sporadically by Star Wars characters in the EU, and so the character that ironically was meant to serve only as a ringer for Han Solo, and to be killed at the climax of Shadows of the Empire, flew off into the great unknown...developing his own cult status amongst legions of fans, and becoming the EU's proverbial white whale, leaving them wanting more.

15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Darth Maul : "What could you hate enough to destroy me?"
    Darth Vader : "Myself."

DarthRelaxus and Iron_lord like this.
  16. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Padmé: The Chancellor's right, Senator. We'll be quite safe. He won several cups for airspeeder racing back on Naboo.
    Bail: He did? I don't recall that being mentioned in the Senate.
    Palpatine: Oh yes, what a useful recommendation for my candidacy. Likes to drive dangerous machines very fast.

Random Comments and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.