main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Universe

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediUbo422, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey all... on this movies vs. EU debate, there is common ground here. I post almost not at all in any movie forums on TheForce.net, and rarely go into them any more. And I do know that the people in those forums can be "purist" and mean to EU-lovers, like me. But I will ALWAYS love the movies far more than the books. I love the books, don't get me wrong, and I do feel that the books are canon (even if the LFL canon policy didn't include them). I'm just a very visual person, and SW is George's... hence the movies will always be my first love, and the books will also be dear to my heart. So it IS possible to love the movies more, not be a purist, and still want to participate a lot in the EU Literature forum! :)

2. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    to continue to address posts by trolls only encourages said behavior.

to respond to "the eu sucks" with "now that's intelligent" is a moot point.

welcome to reality.
    the movies and the books are for all to enjoy.
    some will be better than others.
    some can watch movies but to read is more difficult due to illiteracy and dyslexia.
    the EU give us a chance to explore so much more, i repeat, so much more of the gffa that we all have such an immense amount of interst in.

relax.

the argument of eu vs. canon will forever dominate our destiny.

grin and bare all.

3. JediUbo422

JediUbo422 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2002
    <<<Stop trolling, go back to the movie boards pull the car over, roll down the window and throw your crack pipe as far as you can. You two need help.>>>

<<<but to read is more difficult due to illiteracy and dyslexia>>>

Whoa! Ask a simple question... It was an honest question. And I've read all the books except for the NJO series and one or two other books. I stopped because I didn't really enjoy them all that much anymore - hence the question. Hey, thanks to everyone who tried to give me an ADULT answer. I'm not sure what to say to those poor things that are so full of themselves that they have to insult anyone that doesn't see things from their point of view. I'd rather not stoop to their level. I'll make sure I don't post to this board again. I thought I saw a notice about this being a DISCUSSION board. I guess we just discuss your opinions here. My bad...

Jedi Ubo

4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >But I think most people will agree that books, any type >not just Star Wars, are usually much better than movies.

I don't think that's a fair statement to make. You can't compare two such different mediums. It's like saying "I think that still art is better then plays because the people don't move around so much.

TC

5. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.