Expanding on Anakin's dark destiny in AOTC.......

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by GrandAdmiral_Frank, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    When I first saw AOTC the Tusken scene was great for setting him on the path. Though it wasn't shown in the theatres fully, I figured it was because it would be too much for a SW film. Later I read that part in the novelization and it continued and that is what made me mad was that none of that extra footage was shown. It should have been as has been said by so many. But anyways what if Anakin had not stopped there?

Imagine this:

We see the Tusken scene as described in the book(which is the best we'll have unless a SE of the PT comes out)
    but after Anakin is done killing all these Tuskens he is still way to angry to go home and whine about Obi-Wan so he goes to Mos Espa. Why? Because part of this is Watto's fault since he sold Shmi and had Smhi not lived so far out she may not have been captured. So he goes to Mos Espa and confronts Watto and eventually kills him(by holding him in air and choking him like in the beginning of ANH, seeing those wings stop flapping would be awesome). Then he goes off to the Lars and actually tries to kill them when Padme luckily stops him and he sort of cools off like with the Hulk stopping himself for Betty Ross. I considered having Anakin take apart Mos Espa with Watto but that might have been too much.

What do you think? Would some of this have made the film better or worse?
  2. DarkSithDrew Jedi Master

star 4
    pro's and cons for each ya know. I mean some of It would make the movie better I think and would let people know more about Anakin's dark side path. But having all this tyranney in the book is what makes the books good. I dont think the books would be as good if it were EXACTLY like the movies. So i guess you could go either way. I mean Mr.Lucas didn't even have to show the sandpeople slaughter but he did. I guess it was a hard dissicioun for him aswell.

But that is just my opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.