main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Expectation Levels for Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jimmycrank, Jan 15, 2016.

1. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Due to the let down that was the Prequels (for alot of fans, not all) I think alot of us went into The Force Awakens with Reserved Expectations, The Hype was there but we were cautious not to let ourselves get carried away, We were hopeful, but didn't know what to Expect...

Now we've seen TFA and are relieved that it was much better than alot of us Expected, I'm slightly concerned our Expectations for Episode 8 will be so high, they can never be matched.

Personally I think Episode 8 has the potential to become the best movie in the Entire Saga, But I'm worried having that expectation will ultimately leave me feeling disappointed.

Does anyone else have this feeling / thoughts?

2. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    Given the audience scores on RT & IMDB, i'd say they fulfilled what was an almost impossible task. How on earth do you please everyone in this factional fandom? I think JJ said it right in an interview recently, where he said that their aim was simply to disappoint the least amount of people they could as it would be impossible to win everyone or every group over.

The same will go for VIII - whatever they'll do they will disappoint some faction whether it's PT superfans, OT superfans, anti-Disney types, Lucas fanboys etc.

jaqen and arjank like this.
  3. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    My expectations are high.
    From the rumors I heard last week about VIII and XI I do have a good feeling about the upcoming movies.

4. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Care to Share those Rumors?? I have no problem Firing up this Hype Train 18 months in advance! haha!

5. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...talk-about-the-mystery-of-reys-parentage.html

jimmycrank likes this.