main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expectations/Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I have noticed for quite sometime a lack of communication from members on what the would like at meetings and activites. I can't plan the events without knowing what is wanted. I don't have to plan the events either. If you have an activity in mind, let me know and we can shoot for it.

Basically what are you expecting out of this group and what are you willing to put into it? I don't want an idea given to me and told me to make it happen, I'll need help with it, I have great officers but it's also nice to get other members involved with the group as well.

So what are you looking for? Also what activites are you looking forward to having?

2. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I've always been under the impression that these sorts of clubs are for meeting and making friends with a common intrest. I for one have loved getting to know the members of Echo Base and have made some solid friendships. I enjoy the activities both the more SW related ones such as the EP2 interactive night, the giant SW Clue game, and our meet and greet with Daniel Logan, and the others where we have just gotten together to be silly and have a good time among friends.

Truthfully I don't see where the problem is and I was very shocked by Saber's post. What would be more Star Warsy? Maybe watching the movies together at the activities or sumthin? Wearing costumes to the meetings? Toilet papering the Star Trek fan groups meeting place?

If anybody else feels that we aren't living up to any Star Warsy expectations please say something. I was under the impression that we were all having a good time. I know I have been. :)

Amy

3. Master_Beorn

Master_Beorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    I have actively missed being able to meet with all you guys. But maybe that's just me...

4. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    and who's fault is that Tim...? hm....?

And Mary, when are you going to start reading minds?? Sheesh girl, get on it!

I'll put my two sense in later.... :D

5. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    When I get out there I expect to be actively involved in whatever is going on, whether it's lining up for a movie, doing something for a charity, discussing SW books, etc. I plan on helping out anyway I can, wherever I'm needed.

6. Master_Beorn

Master_Beorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, Erin, little unimportant details like FEEDING MY FAMILY got in the way... :)

sheesh...

7. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    sheesh Tim. Where are your priorities..... :p ;)

Anyway, I had a great idea for an activity!!! How about Mary brings her Clone War cartoons to a meeting and we watch them!! And we can have popcorn, and soda, and make fun of the drawing!! I think it would be fun :)

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Let me make sure they work first, they don't work on my computer but hey, nothing works on this thing anyway so it's okay. :D

9. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I have loved being in the group. I have met so many people and have had so much fun.

10. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I could bring my computer. I have a tv-out card
    so we could watch them on something bigger than a computer monitor

--- sig ---

I'll take the position....
    asssume the mission...ary part.
    You work by committee.....
    you had... me pegged right from the start.

- REM

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Thought I would up this thread so we could get more responses from those who have yet to let us hear there voice. :D

12. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    May I chime in? I want to offer the services of the Alpine Garrison for state wide and city to city activities along the Wasatch Front. We have a whole calender of events that we will participate in as well as sponsor, that begin with the Timothy Zahn signing on Wednesday all the way through the premiere of Episode 3 next summer. We will be working in conjunction with many local sponsors and affiliates including 107.5 The End, thanks to my buddy Tysen,(one of the d.j.'s), who dons his personally made professional grade Darth Vader costume. Sorry I don't know the radio station's website.

Our next "big" parade will be the 4th of July parade in Layton. To see what our Thanksgiving/Christmas parade was like in Ogden, check out http://www.alpinegarrison.com and click on the gallery link and then click on the movie gallery and click on the Ogden City light parade link. It was really fun and our garrison members live mostly from Orem to Brigham City as well as Idaho and Montana. I think we stole the show from Santa and all the other Christmas floats. Our float won first place in one of the categories.

Our primary goal in the 501st legion is to help charitable organizations like Toys for Tots. I hope you all would consider joining us in many of these upcoming events and also checking out our site, register in our forum, and post on our boards. Feel free to check out our events forum as well. There will be a big sci-fi convention in September, among other events this year, which we will be participating in. If you have a costume, bring it!

I don't see why we can't combine forces to really make events fun for us and the public as well. It is so, so awesome to see the children's eyes light up when they see us (not to mention the grown-ups too!). At the Christmas parade people kept coming up to us for pictures and handshakes. I wore a Jango Fett costume and Parents kept shoving their little kids in my arms for pictures with Jango, lol. It was such a neat experience and there will be plenty more. Let's all work together!

13. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Well, I'm new so my opinion probably doesn't mean much, but I'll put out my opinion any way, what are you gonna do? sensor me?
    I liked the Clone Wars cartoon idea, it'd be fun to project some of the atomsfilms too, I can't do it though so I should keep my mouth shut. Oddly enough a charity event once or twice a year would be both fun and rewarding (I dunno know how to that either), like the festival of trees which was done.
    What else? Maybe book clubs. There, I'm all out of ideas, didn't take long did it?

14. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Well, i'm newer so I guess my oppinion means even less, but what are you gonna do? Take me out back and plug me into the hyperdrive unit? Anyway I don't have a lot of ideas that haven't been said already. Seeing as i'm new, i'm just interested in getting to know everyone for now. I'm not coming with any expectations or preconcieved notions, so whatever we do I'm sure it will be fun.

15. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    w00t! New people!!
    I can't wait to meet you guys at our next event (or rather, the next one you attend). Don't forget to introduce yourselves in the sticky thread on top!

16. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    What are your thoughts on doing a costume day?

17. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    No objections..........I guess................what else would we be doing????

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm just asking for future events. I know some people are working on costumes and such so why not have an activity that focuses on that so that those who don't have much skill in the way of costumes can recieve help from those who do. And to get other peoples takes on the costumes.

19. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Great idea.

I can actually start making my own costume instead of borrowing my brother-in-laws' jedi outfit.

I just have to think of what kind of costume to make now. ?[face_plain]

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    That might be helpful. ;) I don't know when it will be so don't start getting things together right away.

21. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Sounds like a great idea to me!

22. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I will keep my eye on this, because if it happens during my scouting expidition I'll have to pack either my Jedi outfit or my (not so great) Princess Leia dress.

23. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It won't be for awhile I think. Maybe summerish or something. Depends on how some other events turn out.

24. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    That's great, gives me time to have some credits put away. (can you tell I'm reading Iron Fist at this very moment?)

25. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Sounds fine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.