main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Expectations TRANSFORMED!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ...I saw it last night. Two words. See it.

Don't be a cartoon nerd about it when you do, and you'll enjoy it even more.

Anyone else got potted reviews yet?

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I saw it Thursday night, too.

You know what? I agree with you: See it.

It was a great movie. I haven't seen any of the old cartoons except for Beast Wars so I had no former expectation about it. But the transformers definitely stole the show.

*cough*

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
  4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
  5. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Coming from me this is a big statement. One of the best films I have seen at the cinema for quite a while in its genre. Somewhat true to the original series, heaps of action and destruction, and bots actually die lol. On the other hand not much character development (bots and humans), no real emotional attachment to any characters, highly predictable (people like no-brainer plots) and I thought using Hugo Weaving's voice for Megatron was a mistake. But my dismay in mainstream film over the last few years I have to say that in this case it was worth the money to go and see.

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    It was ok, a solid 3.5 stars.

As a bug fan of the cartoons I have been very sceptical building up to it. But yeah It was pretty good, entertanining, but many things still bothered me about it.

But wow some GREAT effects and some very funny scenes, but some of the liberties Bay took with it seemed unjustified

7. Foxi

Foxi Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    She look so cool in her new Camaro
    It's black as coal and it goes boy, go go go
    I brought my fight next to her Camaro
    And when I fire on a smile then she blows, she blows

8. Rimel

Rimel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2006
    I thought it was pretty good. But when you're making a live action movie about giant, battling, transforming, alien robots, you'd really have to TRY to make it bad.

My biggest complaint about this movie, is what is an all too common problem in action movies lately.
    That is using really narrow shots in all the action scenes. Rather than stepping back and giving you a good view of what is going on, the camera is always far too close, resulting in being able to see nothing but a blur. I really feel sorry for all the modelers and animators that put thousands of hours into to making these awesome visual effects just to have it wasted in this way.
    I know they're using this technique to make it seem more fast paced and let the audience get more of a feel for the action, but when you're making a live action movie about giant, battling, transforming, alien robots, you don't have to TRY, just let the awesome scene speak for itself.

I also feel there was a little to much comedy. Some of the jokes were good, and Shia LaBeouf is great, but was that supposed to be Bumblebee or "Herbie the love Camaro"?

Anyway I could point out every bad thing about but in truth it is pretty cool, and it is definitely the kind of thing that should be seen at the cinemas rather than waiting for the DVD.

I'm look forward to the sequels, and hoping that Michael Bay gets hit by a kamikaze or a meteorite in the meantime.

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    My only real problem with the film was the use of the Aussie actress (don't know her name). It looked as though she had been picked up from the Aussie outback and inserted into genious American good enough to be used by the government. That just didn't fit right IMO, but other than that it was a great popcorn flick!

10. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Well Rimel it was directed by Bay, an very safe director and formulated director

11. Rimel

Rimel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2006
    I'm long time fan of big dumb movies where you don't have to think, but Bay is just a bit TOO safe and formulated most of the time, besides which, no-one is safe from kamikaze!

Don't get me wrong, I DID like the movie and recommend seeing it, I just can't help thinking how easily it could have been made so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.