main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Experiencing Problems with your ROTS music DVD?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthDoobie, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDoobie

DarthDoobie Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2003
    Just wondering If anyone is experiencing problems with their Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack DVD. When I put it in my DVD-ROM on my computer, I get sound during the menu and the video game trailer, but I can't get sound during the music videos. I just tried it in my regular DVD player and it worked fine. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. DarthDoobie

DarthDoobie Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2003
    I just tried two different DVD players on my computer: InterActual and PowerDVD. Wierd, but it's something to do with PowerDVD - it's not giving any sound. I tried the disk with InterActual, and it works fine.

3. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    My PowerDVD works fine.

4. Mal Que Narrin

Mal Que Narrin Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2000
    Just got the (absolutely brilliant) bonus DVD that comes with the CD soundtrack for ROTS. Maybe your problem is related to mine(?). I want to make mp3s of the audio for CD/iPod use. However, using the system I use for ALL my DVD ripping (SmartRipper-->DVD2AVI-->TMPGEnc) I get picture... but the sound is simply muffled static. I have no problem doing this sort of thing with any other disc (including, incidentally, the films themselves). Does anyone else on this board have the same problem? How have you resolved it?
    - JT (tesora@thrillfactory.com)

5. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    If you aren't using 5.1 on your computer, you may want to go into the menu and turn it off.

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would bet money that the DVD is encrypted so it cannot easily be copied. I use Mac and would simply use Audio Hijack to capture the audio. But I assume you use Windows.

7. Mal Que Narrin

Mal Que Narrin Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2000
    Downloaded DVD Audio Extractor and solved the problem. Thanks for the input, all.

JT

8. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Worked fine on Power DVD for me. Cheek your volume if you do have a proplem with sound.

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Try it on a standard DVD player instead of your computer, it should work just fine. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.