main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Experiment

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by march162015, Mar 26, 2015.

1. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Not really sure, there's a 20 year gap between PT and OT, I think i would expect something similar for the ST, I would expect Luke to have a new Generation of Jedi and a new threat arises that the new Jedi have to face / defend the republic against.

I don't see how continuing on directly from RotJ would be worth 3 whole movies? I mean yeah there's rebuilding but what Conflict would there be other than wiping out the remnant of the Empire?

2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I would think the next trilogy would start out with a new, reconstituted Republic. Problems, both internal and external, would begin to threaten the integrity of the Republic, much like in the prequels. But this time, having learned from the lessons of the past, our heroes would successfully avoid the temptations of authoritarianism, preserving the Republic as a free democracy.

ConservativeJedi321 and L110 like this.
  3. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Thousands times this!

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Rebuilding the Galactic Republic. A new Jedi Order led by Luke Skywalker that learns from the mistakes made by the old Order. Luke's marriage in direct contrast to that between Anakin and Padmé. Passing the baton to a younger generation, especially in Episode IX, to mirror the symmetry of Qui-Gon being introduced and fading out at the end of Episode I. An ending that reflects lessons learnt from the past.

Just as Episodes I through VI are Anakin Skywalker's arc, Episodes IV-IX would be Luke Skywalker's arc, with a kind of "rise and set" parallel, but with a different tone.

(I don't want to turn this post into a huge complaint, but this is part of the reason why I was disappointed with TFA - it totally ignores all the symmetry that was set up in the first six films and which one would have expected to be continued into the last three films. It doesn't help that the EU was following this pattern of symmetry and it got wiped only for TFA to be produced in its place.)

Jedi Knight Fett, Lt. Hija and L110 like this.
  5. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    -rebuilding of the Republic
    -rebuilding of the Jedi Order
    -the galaxy in a danger of another war
    -the good guys struggling to preserve the reconstituted Republic and Jedi Order, trying to prevent another war from happening and to find a peacefull solution to the internal problems that threaten the struggling Republic
    -the bad guys trying to take down the Republic and the Jedi and trying to reconstitute the old Empire
    -more expansion of the prophecy motif
    -more exapnsion of the motif of the Force and further examination of what it is and what is it´s purpose.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I expect them to be about rebuilding the Republic, and Jedi order, dealing with illegal organizations that have grown out of the years of bloody war, and generally just, something different. Sith are extinct no questions or doubts, if there is an antagonist let it be an intergalactic crime organization with no affiliation to the dark or light side of the force, or maybe Mandalorians?

Don't much care for solo, but Luke would be the Grand Master of the Jedi, Leia would be in politics, and Chewie could be at home with his family on Kashyyyk. Of course R2 and 3PO would be with Luke and Leia respectively. The Jedi and the Republic would have cordial relations, maybe a bit of mistrust but nothing over the top. There would only be a few hundred Jedi, hopefully stationed in the Coruscant Jedi Temple. Eventually (Depending on how far in the future it takes place) a new Jedi Council would form. Effectively setting things back to how they were pre episode one, except the new republic wouldn't be nearly has corrupt as the old one.

That was how I imagined it before the announcement of 7, and that was my personal canon even before I read the old EU (Which I took with serious grains of salt.) I figured they wouldn't follow this format when they made the new movies, and was prepared, but was still disappointed.

Valiowk likes this.