main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Explain your username

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know what "Idiot's Array" refers to. With that in mind this thread is for everyone to explain your username: where you got it from , what it means, or why exactly you chose it.

Idiots Array

From the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia:
    Idiot's Array
    a sabacc hand that always resulted in a score of 23 and a sabacc for its holder, the Idiot's Array consists of The Idiot facecard, along with any 2 and any 3 from the four suits. Thus, it is literally 023.

So basically the Idiot's Array is the Star Wars equivalent of the Royal Flush. [face_mischief]

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, when I first signed on to the interI spent an entire day trying to get a clever name for my AOL account that wasn't already taken by the million other Peterson's in the world, and you could only use 10 characters... So, that's what I've been using ever since :)

3. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Lord Reaper....

I figure it's kind of self explainatory, the use of lord to create respect and a position of high reguard making a sith sounding name mixed with the dark sounding norse god of death. I've been Reaper as far back as I can remember. ( My example when I'm trying to NOT sound like a sick death obsessed freak) A character of helpfullness, and one of change. A character who helps those going through very tough transitions.

Overall creating a very bad assed character.

4. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    lets see, i've been sideshow since high school. i had huge sideshow bob hair (i know some of you have seen the pictures :p), so it used to be sideshowbob, but i cut off the hair, and the bob went with it, but the sideshow stuck ;)

as for the 212, 12 and 212 are my lucky numbers... :D

5. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    The rather LONG story summed up...

Many years ago, throughout my school years,
    I was picked upon, called names and made fun
    of by bullies and many others. Why? I may never understand. I was an Introvert (look it up)back then.

The anger, pain and frustration built up all thoes years inside me. Being an artist & cartoonist, the rabbit character developed over time.

The Rabbit, in animal totems, represents Fear, Timidness & Shyness. (Introvert)

"The evil rabbit is an outward expression
    of my inner feelings." (I wish I could take credit for that quote of myself)

Over the last 4 years of living in Arizona, I have learned who I really am and why. I have learned to balance myself & this angry side of me. (Despite what some people in NJ still believe)

In was raised with good moral standards and
    a very kind heart. I am sick and twisted, not because of genetics or how I was raised,
    but a product of life's harsh ways.

I love who I have become...
    ...but wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
    [image=http://www.mr-bunny.com/pics/old1.jpg]

6. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Way back when, when it was a rare person who new the name of Mara Jade I used MaraJade as a screenname, but it got to the point where I frequently had to fight for it or it was simply unavailable. I then decided to use the title relating to that name, Emperor's Hand but that's kinda long and so was shortened to EmprsHand. The Mick part was added after I started to go by Mick in college (gotta love those college nicknames, you never lose them). I still use all three of the incarnations but EmprsHandMick is the most familiar to most people now.

7. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    I used a "find your SW name thingy"

Name of street you grew up on: Jada
    Mother's maiden name: Marsh
    City of birth: New York City

take the first three letters of mother's maiden name and add them with first three letters of city

Hence,

Jada Marnew

Been using it since 1999. Before that I was StarCat.

8. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    The Saga Begins....

It all started at Mobius's house. He told me about this wonderful group which was based on star wars fans. He told me later that day he was going to be hosting a movie party and told me that i could hang out and meet everyone. So I did. Everyone found out real quick that I had a sick sence of humor. So another long time friend Sideshow212. Started setting me up and account and asked me what I wanted my screen name to be. I told him "Darth Greedo" and I got the look a cow gives an oncoming train. And he started to burst out laughing.

So in short my name represents my sick sence of humor. And my love of greedo.

9. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Ronin...The definition of ronin is a masterless samurai. The source of my chosing this name comes from the comic book miniseries by the same name.. It was first and formost my gaming name, because of 2 reasons, the character Ronin was exceptionally fast. blink-and-you-miss-it-fast. Those that have played Quake 3 against me can attest to that. ;) And his willingness to do anything and everything (including killing himself) to get the job done.

In certain areas, I have started going by the name Azrael, or Passover. Two names for the angel of death.

And the "Master" part...well, that was tacked on in the spirit of this being a Star Wars board. :D

10. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    heh.. because im COREY FRIGGIN FELDMAN!!

and the darth... well, i believe Jupitertronic and I were coming up with bad SW names for corey feldman.. it just kinda stuck.

11. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    yea, wasn't your original name droideater?
    pretty cool, but darth feldman is much better ;)

12. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    yeah , id been droideater for years.. kinda had to do with my other female star wars love.. EV9d9.. yes, jabba's droid leader and torturer.. she's dreamy :)
    and if i was a droid....heh..
    ..ok im sick...

13. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I think mine's a bit self-explanatory. :)

14. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Well, my name came from the group. Once you all got to know me after a particularly fun night at the Motel 6 here in Flagstaff, Master and Mobius just started calling me Wench and that morphed into Jedi Wench. It pretty much sums me up somehow and I've loved the name ever since. I get different versions of it, either Wench or Wenchy and I couldn't be happier. In fact, some of my wierd friends, you know the ones that don't like SW, have started calling me Wenchy too. Go figure! :D

15. Darth_Vorpel

Darth_Vorpel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    I was straining the brain to come up with a Sith name, one that was hopefully original. I looked at what other Sith had chosen, (Maul, Sidious, Vader, and from an old fanfilm Rive and Blight) and tried to stick to the 'threatening' pattern they had established. Finally my Dungeons and Dragons days payed off...I remembered a highly magical sword (a vorpal sword) that lopped peoples' limbs off with great ease. This sounded good, and also appropriate to SW, so I changed a letter in the spelling and hence, the name.

16. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    still think you should be palpatine.. but vorpel works ..:)

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Cool thread, IA. :) Guess you got tired of having your handle shortened to Idiot, huh? :) :D

*Derisa*

Oh yeah, not that anyone on this forum cares, but gotta stay on-topic! ;) Derisa is the surname of a powerful family from a novel I am working on, and Ollamhin means "Master (female)" in a bastard form of old Irish. :) I love hearing people try to pronounce the whole thing. :)

18. Mod_Squad_Leader

Mod_Squad_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
    Good to see you, Derisa. :)

I registered this sock after a conversation with Talon Squad Leader about parody names. As I recall I was somewhat inspired by The_Modfather himself. ;)

19. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Heh...

Three little words..

Trippin' The Rift

For those of you who haven't seen it, well, you need to...

Not only that, but I used to get lot's of comments about my driving - "It's better than 'Mr Toad's Wild Ride' from Disneyland" - now it's just Choad's Wild Ride, along with Choad Hall...

And his motto fits me too..

"Semper Absurdus"

I need to go to Disneyland... soon... :(

20. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    And if you haven't seen it... MSN me... I have a copy of it :D

21. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Naming characters is always a labour intensive process for me. I want my character names to somehow express who they are, yet seem natural.

Once upon a time Darth Vorpel was running a SW:RPG 3.0 campaign and I decided to make a Rodian Force Adept. But what do you name a Rodian Force Adept? I spent hours searching for a great name, and eventually I could see that the others were impatient. So, looking at the milk carton on the table I saw in the Spanish part of the carton the word, "liquido." From the context of the English part of the column I could tell that it must mean "liquid." That seemed like a good choice. I especially liked how it sounded similar to other cannon and near cannon Rodian names, so I took it as my character's name.

Months later, I finally gave in to the requests of Darth Vorpel, Jinnetics, and Jupitertronic and logged into the boards. When I couldn't think of anything better I chose my most recent SW:RPG character's name. The rest, they say, is history.

22. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    M: Master
    J: Jedi

Keehan: From Toby McKeehan, one of my favorite artists

Sundve: A cool-sounding last name.

23. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I used to play the SW RPG in high school. My character, Kit Parsec, went to the darkside at one point so I reffered to him as LORD PARSEC. :)

24. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    JediDragon...hrmm...

I've had a slight obsession with Dragons since even before getting started readin epic fantasy (wheel of time baby), but after that I started coming up with an idea for an epic fantasy story of my own. I won't go into the story, but there's a knight/dragon duo known as the Silver Dragon.

That was shortly after I got started on the net several years ago, and it was the name I used a lot of the time (it was always either Lan, KypDurron, or SilverDragon). When I registered here, KypDurron was already taken, so I went with SilverDragon. I didn't really post much until I got stationed in Colorado after joining the Air Force. Then I got involved with the RMFF and started posting a lot...and decided to get more of a SW name...so I changed it to JediDragon.

Funny thing I saw this thread. I was just thinking a little while ago about changing back to SilverDragon just for the heck of it...

25. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Ummm.... Well....Here, this should explain it clear enough.
    [image=http://members.cox.net/td0013/sandtrooper02.jpg]

Also, my Imperial designation is TD-0013 (Trooper-Desert, number 0013)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.