main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Explain your username

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rinku

Darth_Rinku Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2003
    Well I love the Legend of Zelda series, so I use the name LiNK 2 PaST a lot,
    which was Link To Past before that, and well, I found out by learning
    Japanese(well a little of it anyways) that Rinku is the Japanese way of
    saying Link, and I needed a starwars name for the boards.
    So that's how I became Darth Rinku. Oh, and I'm Sith all the way.

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I was always playing the space flight sims...

Win Commander 1-4, prophecy, academy, etc...X-Wing, TIE Fighter, XvT, XWA, etc

We'd do online gaming with roger wilco and I'd set mine up to input form my CD player instead of Mic...it was great to do a run on a VSD listening to AC/DC-Thunderstruck :)

so, let's sum up......

Void=Space
    Dancer=Flying combat to music

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Void - So, Iron Eagle was one of your favoritre movies, huh? ;)

4. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    All I can think of when I remember that movie is the theme song...

and...

Fried Chicken!

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I always hear Slappy talking ;) [face_laugh]

6. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Dikion - (die-KEY-on) Crucifer
    in reading about crucifers (four leafed plants) I came across daikon. Changed up the letters and thought it sounded interesting. I'm always trying to come up with interesting names for my characters and places, and that just happened to be one I came up with about the same time I signed up. Really isn't much logic behind it, like a lot of things.

7. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Sistine is one of the characters from my Role-playing game. She is the Lady of Atlantis now however her humble origins were aboard a Starship and then her father sent her to the Jedi Academy. :confused: trust me...don't ask...we've been playing a long time.

One of her good friends however is a pilot named Voiddancer!

8. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    charles hickey, c hickey, chickey...

pretty generic.

I am preferring kechy lesarich now.

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Jedi Knight Birr

I decided to take my last name and chop off the last two letters. so birrer became birr. easy enough.

10. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    plus that way it sounds like "beer" ;) :D

11. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    a couple of years ago.....hmmm guess it was four or five come to think of it. love reading, had always liked Star Wars. a friend of mine who is wonderful and will be married to a great guy soon (anyone figure it out yet ;) hehe) mentioned something about books that went along with the movies. i was instantly interested, so she let me borrow some. fell in love with the x-wing series especially wraith squadron. sarkin was taken, so just used the boyfriend name, and use it for pretty much everything now.

12. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Yeah... I guess my creativity was on vacation when I came up with my username. However, my name is so unusual, a lot of people think it's made up anyway. ;)

13. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    it was the name of a comic-book character i created, one of my favorites.

14. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Mine has kinda a dual meaning

1. Kreator - 80's German Thrash band. One my favorites

2. Since I do web design for my job. I am a Kreator. I also occationally do it on the side a little. Cheesy yes. But hey it works.

15. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    kre - a nickname I've had for as long as I can remember

leia - if you need me to explain this, then you probably shouldn't be on these boards. [face_laugh]

Mashed 'em together back in my good ol' AOHell days and came up with the handle that I will probably be using for the rest of my life. :D

16. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    When I first got onto Star Wars related message boards, they were all on ezboard.

I had been working on a name for a Jedi character. I've always liked what I had erroneously (so I've been told) thought of as "Tatooine" style names like: Skywalker, Darklighter, and Sunrider (even VoidDancer sounds like one ;) )

I came up with a last name of Shadowchaser, as in chasing the shadows of the Darkside away with the Lightside of the Force.

I decided to use Loreen, because it was close to my real name, Lori, and thought it would be easy to respond to if I was called by it. So my Jedi character is Loreen Shadowchaser, though sometimes people get it wrong and say Shadowcaster. :mad: That character is not a Sith! (though I'll be working on a Sith costume, and I'll need to come up with a good name for her)

For some reason, I thought it neccessary for people to know that my character was a Jedi, so on ezboard, I became Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser. At OJA, poeple refer to me as JLS. At ASAP, someone started calling me JLo, and it stuck. [face_laugh]

When I went to register here, the username field wasn't long enough, so I just shortened it to Jedi Loreen, but I had to put in a hyphen, because I had originally registered without it, but lost my password and the email account I'd used wasn't working for a long time, so I couldn't retrieve it.

So that's why I'm Jedi-Loreen.

Everybody bored, now? :p

17. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    well i'm kind of the queen of long winded and/or somewhat clever one-word (or one combined word) screennames. i've always stayed away from having numbers in my names cause usually they're way harder to remember.

i needed a yahoo name, and i wanted a name that was different from my aim name (deluded spider). i wanted to register ladytron, which is a really good song on the velvet goldmine soundtrack, but it was taken. i'd been playing around with the idea of using "jupiter session" as a name for my band (shamelessly stolen from a weird editing thing in the cowboy bebop "tank!" video). so jupitertronic was an acceptable compromise, and nice and long winded like my names always are. ;p

i think it's got a nice ring to it, and it was a nice change from all my old screennames, so i stuck with it when i registered here. boring, huh? :)

18. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, like many others, mine has roots in my name, and thus, nickname.

It came about way back in high school. (For you younger kids, that's after the extinction of the Dinosaurs, but before the start of the Middle-Ages) Given that my last name is Moe, my good friend Joseph (Phoenyx on these boards) somehow turned it into Mobius, and it stuck.

In many online things I also use Mobius Corpus, or some derivitave thereof. That came from the notion that Mobius sounds vaugely Latin, and Corpus means the body. Therefore, Mobius Corpus is the body of Moe. Which, of course, is me.

19. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I was really into the character of Qui Gon-Jin at the time (pre episode 1) and was thinking what would go good with Gon(e). Seeing how he dies in that movie Gone but not forgotten seemed natural. However that is to many characters for a user name so the 4 wound up in the middle. Now almost all my secrets are revealed. Hopefully DeckOfficer212 and Army_No_Arms will explain the origin of thier usernames.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Actully dragon it pronounced "beer" with or with out the ER
    anywho, my name is easy enough: Last name is Birrer and I prefer the power of the empire.
    "REBEL SCUM KISS THEIR SISTERS"

21. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] good to see you qui-gon!

22. DarthXarlan

DarthXarlan Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    well, the Darth is Darth and Xarlan was the only cool sounding thing that popped into my head

23. Darth_Vorpel

Darth_Vorpel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    "Rebel scum kiss their sisters" is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. I only have one question:
    Can I get that on a bumper sticker? He he!

24. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Actully dragon it pronounced "beer" with or with out the ER

I prefer my beer without the ER...the ER is a bad place to be and it's never a good thing to be there as a result of beer. ;)

25. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Talk about timimg I just got off from the ER and I got to deal with ppl who had to much Beer.One guy was really mad when he woke up and had a folley cath sticking out of him.That one stung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.