main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Explanation and Apology

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    First of all, let me state, for the record, that I had no intention of bringing any of this to the public eye. However, in my reliance upon resources, I made an error in judgment and for that I am deeply sorry.

A possible response to an issue was brought to my attention, and in an effort to better gauge reactions to this response I enlisted the opinion of a member of the JC Community. Apparently, my intent was unclear to this person and they felt the need to share this private information in several forums (including this one). I immediately sought to resolve this problem and had all of the threads and/or posts deleted or edited. This person is not to be condemned for his actions, as he thought he was proceeding with the best of intentions. If anyone should receive blame for this incident, it should be me. It was my judgment that was flawed, not his enthusiasm. I have made my apology to the person whose confidence I violated, though I know my words will be of little consequence (through no fault of theirs, as this kind of betrayal is virtually impossible to get over).

As a direct result of this incident and other outside factors, I feel that perhaps the decision of leadership should be placed into your hands. I cannot continue in this capacity if I am unable to count on your faith in my actions. This is a very difficult thing for me to do, but I feel that it is in the best interest of the group that the members are allowed to decide its fate.

I will be on a self-imposed exile from the FanForce boards until Sunday, at or before that time I would like for you all to decide what you would like to do in response to this incident. I will accept whatever judgment is made and will bear no ill will towards your decision.

I would like nothing better than to make all of this just disappear and start over, but I know that is impossible now. I can only hope that I can be forgiven for my lack of judgment, and I expect nothing more.

Thank you all very much for everything you have meant to me, and I have truly treasured the time I have spent with you all.

2. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    Zoo, I don't know the extent of everything you just posted but I don't have a problem with you or your leadership. But if you feel you really don't want to be the board Rep or in some other official capacity then its your decision and I will support you.

I guess I am just confused here :confused: and I am rambling

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Ditto what Spike said. It is up to you to continue or not, not us.

4. Cyber_SkyForce

Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2002
    Zoo, I can find no fault in your leadership, even though i haven't been here long. I see no reason for you too leave us and i know that we would all feel the loss painfully. I may be new but I know this, Everyman may be judged acording to their actions but the only judgment that holds any merit is the one he puts on himself. I wish thee not to leave.

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I want you to stay

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I've already made it clear I want you to stay and to stay as City Rep and Leader of the RMFF. Don't stay away until Sunday.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I have always had faith in you leadership, and it is still there.

You merely stated your opinion and if an individual took the message the wrong way, the fault lies with them. How they reacted to it is their responsibility and they live with the results.

And since that thread was asking for opinons on the matter you were no way in the wrong.

I want you to continue leading us. Your leadership has been nothing but good, and I cannot imagine this group without your influence and guiding hand.

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i think there is a common theme here . i cant think of anyone that doesnt respect you and admire your leadership . you are a pillar of the rmff and i would be sad if you were gone .

9. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think everyone is aware and is confident in your level of integrety Jennifer, if you made some error in judgment in confiding in, and/or asking an opinion of someone concerning an issue, then it is just that, an error in judgment. That error, for trusting someone, more so than breaking a confidence.... I suspect you felt that trust was warrented. I hope your "friend" (for lack of a better word) can try to understand that and accept your apology....as hard as that may be sometime.

It has been my experience (I suspect many others as well) that you are a "true" leader, that is rare, and any group would be lucky to have you at the helm. On that note, I would vote that you remain this groups leader until you decide otherwise.

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i think that you are great leader zoo, and you should stay as the leader.

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Dear Zippy,

I dont know exactly what happened, but i dont think that is the issue here. I am confident in your abilities as CR and would be happy if you remained. But, if you dont want to do it anymore, for whatever reason, I can respect that as well. The choice is yours, I'll support you in whatever you decide to do.

12. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Once again, I agree with Josh. Took the words right out of my mouth! ;) :)

*SB*

13. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't think there is any fault of yours in this ZOO. A mis-communication occured and when you discovered it, you took prompt and approprate action to correct it. If this is a failure in leadership, then all I can say is the world needs more of it. I certainly want you to stay both as a member of the RMFF and as CR for as long as you are willing to put up with our insanity. However, I realize it's your decision and I will support whatever one you make.

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003

I think everyone before me has done a wonderful job expressing the same things I would like to say, so I'll be brief rather than repetative. I don't know the details of what happened, but I do know that things can happen without us meaning them to, and without necessarily doing anything wrong. Personally, I think that you are an excellent leader - the best we could have - and if it is your wish to do so, I certainly would like to see you continue in the position.

15. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Having strong personal feelings about anything, and airing them out does not a bad leader make; often it brings people to you simply because it shows you wear your heart on your sleeve and you are thus transparent(a trait sorely lacking by most politicians and corporate types.) I find your leadership to be exemplary, and your bond to this group to be completely sound.....I strongly urge you to remain here with us, in charge, and use your power to help 'sway' the misbegotten back to the path of righteousness....or at the very least, be a persistent thorn....FLOL! Seriously, Jen.....you do not strike me as one to back down from a conflict; point of fact, you seem to me to be a 'forceful' example of a strong will with goodness and common sense to match. Use your being to hold the line, show others how it's done right, and lead from the front....where you belong. OOOORRRAAH!

16. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Well, I think pretty much anything I could have said has been said already. I see nothing wrong with your leadership, ZOO, and would be happy to have you remain CR. However, it's your choice and I will support your decision.

17. Luvinna

Luvinna Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Like some others before have said, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. This is the only board I frequent here at the JC and even then it's not all that often. I'm usually over at the Galactic Senate. I have no problems with the leadership I've seen you give, Zoo, and I'd like to see you stay on. Of course, in the end, it is your decision and I'll support whatever that decision may be.

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Stay.

You are one of the most valuable members of this group (and that's ASIDE from the fact that you're the big taco). I don't know what went on. I don't care. You are still Jen. You are still MY RMFF Chapter Rep. Whatever happened elsewhere has no bearing on that in my eyes (nor in anyone else's apparently).

so far I think it's unanimous.

Stay.

We all love you no matter what :D

Stay.

19. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, it appears that my fears were somewhat unfounded, and I want to thank everyone for their continued support. It really does mean a lot to me.

The reason I took the extended break was for several reasons. One being that when the incident occurred, I was ready to walk away from everything w/o a moment's hesitation. Fortunately, I had a good talk with Void and decided to give myself some breathing room before coming to any kind of resolution. If you saw the first draft of that post, you'd know what I mean.

The other reason was that I felt I needed a little distance from the whole thing in order to decide exactly how I should react to some of the things going on with the boards in general. I am deeply grateful to the FanForce.net boards for helping us all to get together, but their parent organization is working towards its detriment more and more every day. It is my hope that things will improve, once more people become active in promoting change and growth, but I am prepared should that not occur.

I want to thank you all again, very much, for all of your kind words over the last week. The words and you all mean a great deal to me.

And with that, I am going to consider this matter closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.