main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Explosions - Raw footage

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by t-toe, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-toe

t-toe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Hey, after a long hiatus, I'm back... anyone know a good place to get pyro stock footage? After months and months of trying to create a realistic enough explosion in 3ds max, I've decided I just don't have the know-how.

Specifically, I'm needing an explosion that has an impact point on the ground, and goes up from there. In other words, something crashing to the ground and the explosion rising up.

Any help would be great.

--t.toe

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Perhaps on returning from your hiatus, you should check the several threads that have cropped up on this in your absence.

However, I will give you this link that has a nice tutorial on creating explosions in 3D Max. It might help you do a little better.

3. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
  4. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    There's a few new explosions there which are quite good. Well for those of you who have been there before.

5. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    yea, i go there like once a month or so and it seems like there is ALWAYS new footage. Those guys at Detonation films are like Santa Clause.......except real. [face_shocked]

(myself, i'm sorry if this may have revealed some new information to you)

6. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I agree - I layered 4 of the Detonation Films shots, keyed only with Premiere 6.0, and IMO they look great!

-Spiff

7. t-toe

t-toe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    1) Yeah, right as a posted it, I realized that I should have searched before I posted... sorry for my laziness.

2) Oh my word... Detonation Films rocks my world... I'm forever grateful. Now I can finally finish my little short FX project!

Many thanks to you all!

8. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Is that the one you said you'd finish in a month almost a year ago? [face_mischief] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.