main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Extended saber duel in AOTC ...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by flex_187ad, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flex_187ad

flex_187ad Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    i heard mentioned on this board a few times about teh dooku duel being extended?
    soes anyone mind telling me what otehr scenes tehre were? thanks ..

2. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    i don't remember where, but i know i saw a still picture of dooku fighting with two lightsabers. i'm sure they shot enough for that fight to have gone on for ten minutes - they just can't use everything.

3. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Aswell as Dooku using 2 sabers (which I think you can see them filming on the Puppet to Pixels documentary on the AOTC DVD), there was a section of the Anakin/Dooku duel that was cut out after Anakin had blocked Dooku's attack on Obi-Wan. They fought for a while when Anakin has just the green saber and they end up across the hanger and then Obi-Wan throws the blue saber to him (which is why Obi-Wan goes from being next to Dooku & Anakin in 1 shot then nowhere to be seen the next).

Also I think on the Becoming Obi-Wan webdoc for Episode 3 theres a small bit of footage showing them filming Obi-Wan/Dooku in AOTC that I don't recall seeing it in the final film, so there might be more cut out there too.

4. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    SLAVE2 pretty much covered it. There were bits and pieces cut from both the Obi-Wan and Anakin duels moreso from Anakin's. The aforementioned Anakin fight Dooku with the green saber then some bits from the blue saber fight.

Dooku fighting Yoda with two lightsabers was a form of insurance in case the fight needed it. Since the Yoda fight was a huge gamble, GL shot a variety of ideas and angles to cover his bases. The double sabers was one of his "plan B's".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.