main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~Extra-Atmospheric Naval Combat~ A Short Term Space Combat Experiment

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GenOochy, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Intro: This RPG's purpose is to experiment with a concept of developing small vessels through a system of points and to test GMing of the system to use in an upcoming RPG. You'll be required to develop a effect vessel based on physics and be ready for each post in your attempt at combat to be scrutinized with the physics of a frictionless enviroment present in space. This will help me see any trouble that this system has. If you are interested in joining the short RPG please fill out and design a ship with the following infomation and choose a side. Red or Blue. Combat will take place in open space with no celestrial bodies within 1.2 million kilometers.

Vessel:
    You must design a vessel using this template and the total value cannot be more than 130 points. Only one vessel per player. You?ll need to explain something about your ship and depending on it?s stats, you will be given GM reports on how long in real time your flight will take. Stats marked with a (*) are required on every vessel.

Team: (Blue/Red)
    Armor: Class x 5 [Class 2 = 10 points]*
    Shields: Class x 15
    Alternate/Experimental Weapon: (Detail) Class x 10 [Class 2 = 40 points]
    Beam Weapon(Laser, Ion, etc): Quantity x Class x Four [e.g. Five class one lasers = 20 points]
    Other Weapons (Mines/Missiles): Class x 6
    Countermeasure: 2 points
    Scanner: Class x 5 [Got the idea by now?]*
    Engine Rating: Speed in KPH x .001 [4,000 kph = 4 points]*
    Maneuvering: (Class x 2) x Armor Points [Class 1 x 10 Armor Points = 20 Points]*
    Tractor Beam: 10 points

2. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Blue Team

Vandar-Class Torpedo Bomber
    Armor:
    Class 1 (5 points)
    Alternate/Experimental Weapon: Guided Mass Drive ?Iron Bombs? Class 6 (60 points)
    Beam Weapon: One Continuous Carbon Laser Turret Class 3 (12 points)
    Scanner: Class 2 (10 points)
    Engine Rating: 30,000kph (30 points)
    Maneuvering: Class 1 (10 Points)

(Total 127 Points)

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Feedback - I have realised that, if I concentrate, and go through your character sheet line by line, I'll probably understand what you are on about, but before that, I've already considered that it is some complicated guano, and thus sucked the fun out.

It'll probably appeal to boardgame RPers, who are used to this multiplier stuff, but for me, [face_sick]

*shrugs*

Good luck with it. :)

4. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Actually, it should be fun and it's not all mathamatics, except on my end. Those of you who use kenetic energy weapons will have me doing some estimations of the total damage to the other craft, but mostly it will be a single ship-to-ship combat RPG. Should be interesting.

5. thetoastman

thetoastman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2006
    This actually looks extremely awesome, and count me in for the main RP when/if it starts up, GenOochy.

Occlusion-class Heavy Fighter
    [image=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7356/lolx2nc.jpg]
    Team: Red
    Armor: Class 2 (10)
    Shields: Class 1 (15)
    Alternate/Experimental Weapon: 1x Class 3 Extirpation Fission Beam (30)
    Beam Weapon: 4x Class 1 Antipursuit Thermoreverberation Guns (16)
    Scanner: Class 1 (5)
    Engine Rating: 14,000 kph (14)
    Maneuvering: Class 2 (40)

(Total: 130)

The Occlusion-class was developed by Kuat Systems Engineering as an early prototype to test out thermoreverberation technology, a new type of light heat-based laser that could be mass-produced extremely quickly. Unfortunately, the guns required raw corvilium ore to function, and when civil war broke out between rival mining guilds in the Corvil asteroid fields, corvilium exports were reduced to nil. KSE reluctantly cancelled the project and auctioned off the prototype Occlusions.

6. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    The next RPG is based around a Sith/Jedi style story continuing three previous RPs (this is part of the ship rules I'm creating for it), however, I might make a full version of this RPG if someone else post that one.

Nice ship, what is the energy rating/output style of you beam weapon?

7. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    *bump*

I need two more players please and I'll post objectives and we can do a quick run through of a mission.

8. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Eh, I guess there isn't enough interest. Please lock.... [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.