main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Extraordinary: The Beginning

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Elu, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Kustaa McMahon

Billings Local Park, Montana

Kustaa watched with relative attention to the others who showed off their powers. He was surprised that Sarah had spider-like powers, and being in a Metal band, he could easily identify a spider-web. He watched the others as well, suprised that the one called Henry had to fight the man in order to show off.

The vocalist watched as Sarah jumped back slightly and placed his arm around her to comfort her in a sense. He gave her a kind smile and turned back to the others. "Seems like everyone has something to show." He said softly, looking back down to Sarah. "What do you make of all this? Just the notion that we all have powers kinda makes me a bit uneasy..."

The thoughts of the truck explosion earlier that day reeled back to his mind. He closed his eyes as if to wince, and let out an exasperated sigh.

TAG: Sarah, Cathair perhaps

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Patrick Kennerly IC:
    Location ~Billings Local Park

Patrick moved uneasily away from Roger as the man had passed through him like a ghost a few moments previous, he kept his eyes on him as Roger kept swinging his sword around casually, away from the others so as not to hurt anyone.

Patrick watched the other people's demonstrations and really couldn't say much. Frankly, it was all too much to take in almost. And when he heard that one girl, Brittnee he thought her name was, starting to demonstrate, he simply just looked over and watched.

For a brief second he was about to raise an eyebrow, nothing seemed out of the ordinary with Brittnee at all. He saw her gaze move down to her hand and he looked too. He blinked in astonishment for another second and let out a quiet, "Whoa..."

"So...you can go invisible?" he whispered to her, "I've always wanted to do that myself."

Tag: Brittnee, Anyone Else

Cathair Tamara IC:

Cathair watched as Henry spun past his punch and used a Judo like move, probably was Judo, and throw him over his shoulder and some feet further past that. He landed heavily with a thud and winced for but a moment. He looked up and allowed Henry to help him up, nodding at his words as he brushed himself off.

"I understand. I'm guessing you knew nothing of these martial arts until this morning?"

As he waited for a response, he looked at everyone else in the area, "Everyone else who has not demonstrated, please do so. As you can see, you're not alone."

Tag: Henry, Everyone Else

3. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

Brittnee received some gasped and others blinked at her now invisible hand, but one "whoa" made her look in that direction. The man she had accidently run into earlier watched her.

"So...you can go invisible?" he whispered to her, "I've always wanted to do that myself."

She gave an embarrassed and shy smile towards him, putting some of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"It's a lot harder than it looks...especially when you can control it."

Brittnee offered a friendly smile and moved a bit closer to him, remembering when he introduced himself as Patrick Kennerly.

"What can you do...?"

Tag: Patrick

4. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Sarah

Sarah felt Kustaa's arm wrap around her gently. She took comfort in the idea that he was close. He looked down at her and she looked up at him.

"Seems like everyone has something to show.""What do you make of all this? Just the notion that we all have powers kinda makes me a bit uneasy..."

Sarah's head bobbed up and down in response to Kustaa's question.

"It is a little strange. I mean how in the world did we all know to come here."

Sarah leaned closer to Kustaa and watched as the others demonstrated.

Tag: Kustaa, others

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry nodded at Cathair's words.

"Yeah. Well, not even then. I broke into my own hotel room, then nearly murdered four muggers."

He looked around, and noticed other powers at work. Kustaa was speaking to his lady friend, another was speaking with an invisible woman, and Teresa - where'd she get to?

"Where'd - where'd Teresa go?" he asked, looking around.

Tag: Teresa, Cathair

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Teresa Garza
    Billings Park; Montana

Teresa watched the ensuing "friendly combat" between Cathair and Henry with great interest. It seemed as if the latter was quite the athletic type. Not exactly unusual considering the circumstances (she was hovering thirty feet in the air for goodness sake), but there was probably more to it than what met the eye.

After the fight had stopped, Teresa relaxed her arms and began to descend towards the grassy surface, her hair blowing softly in the rising wind.

She heard Henry's voice. "Where'd - where'd Teresa go?"

Teresa conveniently landed right behind the martial artist. "Looking for me?" she said with a grin.

Tag: Peng, Any

7. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Natassia
    Central Park

Natassia calmly stood, watching the others show their new found abilities. She would put on a hard, misconcerning look, but inside, she was impressed. She had obviously not experienced anything like this before and was keen to learn more and understand what exactly was happening to them all.

As the people gathered began to break off in conversation, most of them already shown what they can do, Natassia said nothing but raised her arms outwards at full stretch. The trees around the group shook, as if in a blusterous wind. She then threw her arms down to her sides and the various trees followed, bending inwards slightly to spring back to normality again.

Tag: All

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry jumped at Teresa's sudden arrival.

"Whoa! Where'd you come from?" he asked, looking around. Could she have been hiding somewhere?

He looked up, and it dawned on him. He looked back at her, smiling.

"So, you can fly? What's it like?"

Tag: Teresa

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Billings Park; Montana

Teresa smiled when Henry jumped in surprise at her sudden arrival.

"Whoa! Where'd you come from?"

She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for him to come to his sense as he looked up in the sky. He looked back down at her and smiled as if it'd finally hit him. She grinned back.

"So, you can fly? What's it like?"

Teresa looked up into the sky, thinking back to the incredible feeling she got when she first touched off the ground, her entire body rising higher and higher into the sky.

"It's the most amazing feeling you've ever felt," she said, looking back down. A thought struck her, and she held her hand out, smiling. Lifting him would be no problem, what with her newfound strength and all. "Care to find out for yourself?"

Tag: Peng

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry's brow furrowed, but he continued smiling, nonetheless.

"Sure, although I'm not quite sure how..."

Henry found himself becoming a bit more extroverted. Behaviour patterns were becoming apparent, expecially for Kustaa. Although, now that he had started a lightning fast flirt with Sarah, he seemed to be calmed a bit by her.

Lightning fast, indeed.

"So. How's this work?"

11. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Billings Park; Montana

"So. How's this work?"

Teresa grabbed the curious one's hand and held it in her own for a moment. It all flooded back at her rather quickly. How long it had been since she held a hand, so tender and so gentle. It reminded her of her father's touch, his comforting words and the calming touch of his hand against her cheek. She wanted to cry then and there, but shifted her attention on the matter at hand.

"Just relax," she said, and firming her grip on Henry's hand, she lifted off of the ground with him, using her strength to keep him at the same level as her. "Beautiful, isn't it?" she said as they continued to rise.

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry's breath caught in his throat. This was amazing...

"How-how're you doing this? It's amazing, it's...extraordinary..."

Henry felt light as a feather. He wasn't in control of this flight, but he could have cared less. Flight, unaided and unassisted - a dream come true for some.

"How long have you been able to do this?"

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Cathair Tamara and Patrick Kennerly IC:

Patrick nodded at Brittnee's words, "I could imagine it being hard...it looks easy, yet at the same time, it looks kind of difficult...doubt I could do it if given the chance."

A small smile, "Get away from any guy checking you out now though, huh?" Patrick slyly looked Brittnee up and down as he said this, trying to mask it however. Couldn't help it, she was pretty attractive.

Soon however her question on his abilities and Cathair's question had him fumbling for words...

Cathair moved along after Henry finished his demonstration and began to fly with Teresa a little bit, "If you're going to go, come back soon at least."

Cathair moved around the enclosed area, smiling and nodding at all as he went. "Amazing, simply amazing," he said, "like I said, we're all in the same boat. Yet..."

He looked at Sarai, Jay, and Bill, "Show me your abilities you've been quiet."

Cathair also looked over at Patrick, "You too. What can you do? It's ok, you can show us."

Patrick fumbled for words still, "I...uh...um...I...er...I can...uh..." He sighed, "To be honest, I don't think I should be here...I don't have any abilities."

"You don't?" asked Cathair skeptically, an eyebrow raised.

"Not really..." responded Patrick, his head falling.

"So nothing out of the ordinary has happened at all this morning for you?"

Patrick's mind raced back to his apartment being completely trashed...how had he done that?

"Well...actually..." he said with his eyes brightening, but then they went dull again. How could he prove it though?

"So there you have it. You have special abilities like all of us. Show us, please?"

"I...uh...I can't."

Cathair stared at Patrick a silent moment, then his face softened, "What do you mean?"

"I..." Patrick blushed and looked back down to the ground, away from Brittnee and the others, "I just can't."

"Don't know how, like everyone else?"

"Don't rub it in," Patrick muttered.

"Ah, I see...So you can't control it."

Patrick blushed a good red.

"It's alright, some of us have barely any control over their power. Brittnee here had a little trouble showing her invisibility...and Roger over there ran into a tree once before going through it the next go."

"Hmph!" came from Roger, along with a nice glare. Apparently the bald Canadian hadn't thought anyone had seen.

"I guess...but I don't have any control. I don't know how I did what I did..."

Cathair patted Patrick's shoulder, "It's alright, we shall try later. Calm yourself."

For a wonder, Patrick did.

Tag: Everyone

14. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

"I could imagine it being hard...it looks easy, yet at the same time, it looks kind of difficult...doubt I could do it if given the chance."

Brittnee offered another shy smile towards Patrick, but if only he knew how hard it was. It seemed to be connected to her emotions.

"Get away from any guy checking you out now though, huh?"

She stifled a laugh at his comment, well...it was true, she thought with another laugh. The laugh though faded and a blush replaced it on her cheeks when her brown eyes caught his brown eyes looking up and down her. Brittnee bit her lip gently and without noticing this time, her entire hand disappeared once more as heat filled her cheeks.

Normally she would've just ignored it, but this time...she got the urge to do the same right back, which she did...and strangely enough, she found that she enjoyed what she saw.

Brittnee then looked over at Cathair when he came over and spoke to Patrick about his power. She watched Patrick the entire time, wondering what it was he could do.

"I guess...but I don't have any control. I don't know how I did what I did..."

After Cathair had moved on again, Brittnee offered a sweet smile.

"If you ever need any help...I'm here."

Tag: Patrick

15. Darph_Nader

Darph_Nader Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    It's about time I got this up... Tell me if I screwed up the opening post. And I m going to hold off on having the character discover his shape-shifting power for a little bit.

Name: Bill Doone
    Sex: Male
    Nationality: American
    Hair Color & Style: Black, short
    Eye Color: hazel
    Appearance: Usually wears a black suit, with a brown snap-brim fedora
    Abilities: Crimson Fox - The ability to shape-shift into a fox, and the ability to emit pheromones. His senses are also heightened.
    Reason for being in Billings, Montana: A murder trial, which he is to testify in.
    Bio: Bill Doone was born in Cleveland, Ohio to William and Lorna Doone. He was raised in a run-of-the-mill family, nothing too exciting about his childhood. When he was ten, he was inspired by the comic book character Dick tracy to become a detective. Studying criminal justice in college, he joined the Cleveland Police Department, and quickly proved himself a great problem-solver. Catching several escaped convicts in a matter of days after escaping, Bill was eagerly accepted into the FBI. He has only been in the FBI for a short while, and has only been assigned one case - which changed his life.
    There was a murder committed in the western district of Cleveland. Upon going over the evidence, and examining the scene of the crime, it seemed like a pretty open-and-shut case. Until one piece of evidence was later discovered - the killer's blood was left at the crime scene. Upon analyzation, it was found to be the blood of a Ms. Jennifer Thornby - Bill's girlfriend. Bill was the first to be notified, and he was assigned to track her down. To make a long story short, Jennifer was eventually captured in Billings, Montana by the local police department.

Now, Bill is preparing to testify against his ex-girlfriend. But soon, something will happen to Bill Doone, which will affect his life forever.

--- --- --- ---

IC BILL DOONE:

Bzzzz... Bzzzz... Bzzzz...

The alarm clock buzzed as its digits displayed the time. 5:00 a.m.

A hand swatted at the clock, disabling the intrusive sound of the alarm. The body to which the hand was connected rose out of the bed, moaning. The man rubbed his eyes as he stumbled out of the room and into the larger, main room.

After preparing some coffee, he sat down on the couch. Picking up the remote off of a nearby endtable, he turned on the television. The noise of the TV made Bill jump, it was so loud. Turning it down, he noticed that the volume had not been up too loud. That happens, he thought, I've been used to the quiet from the night.

After flipping through the channels and not finding anything worth watching, he finished his coffee, and grabbed some fresh clothes out of his travel bag. After taking a shower and cleaning himself, he prepared himself for the day.

After putting on his trenchcoat, he placed his fedora on his head and pulled the brim close over his eyes. After this, he set out to take a walk. The scenery in Billings, Montana was nice, but it couldn't replace Ohio. It was his home, after all. And it was always too cold here. This morning was exceptionally chilly.

As Bill walked, he pondered his reasons for even coming here. The face of his old girlfriend, and possibly future bride, appeared in his mind. He smiled a bit, remembering the times they'd had. But that all changed one cold, dark night. Almost as cold as it was that morning in Billings.

Bill had just joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He was preparing to head home for the night, when his cellular phone buzzed. Pulling it out of his trenchcoat pocket, he flipped it open.

"Hello?"

"Bill Doone?" the voice on the other end asked.

"Yeah?"

"This is Jack," the man one the other end replied. "We, uh... We have a report of a murder. The area police department are there, but they want one of us to go down to the scene. Can you go?"

"Sure."

After getting the address to the house, Bill d

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Billings Park; Montana

"How-how're you doing this? It's amazing, it's...extraordinary..."

Indeed it was, for Teresa couldn't agree more with the words given by Henry. The clouds came closer, and the birds sang songs to each other in accord, their harmonious sounds gracing the senses of all who heard, and those who could imagine. Teresa's coat continued to ruffle in the wind as the two continued to rise in the air, until they became parallel with a single, low cloud. The group below looked like insects at that point, scrambling around on the ground.

"How long have you been able to do this?"

"Since this morning, that I knew of," Teresa said as a bird flew by, stretching its neck to gaze at the flying humans. Teresa couldn't help but grin. "Amazing."

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry stared at the ground below.

"Wow...So, how fast can you fly?" he said, his mind racing with the possibilities.

He figured they were at least as high as a bushplane could get. Were he to fall, he'd reach terminal velocity in moments. At this height, he could drift a good mile in any direction if he chose to.

"And is this the extent of your power?"

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  19. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

As Brittnee waited for Patrick's reaction and response, a man approached her from behind. Her. Of the entire group. She turned around and listened to what he asked.

"Uh," he said, stopping behind her, "Do you have any idea what's going on here?"

"Oh, um...we're just talking..." She gave a nervous chuckle and without the man noticing, looked up to find two small specks up in the sky. That one woman and man must still be flying. Dammit.

Brittnee felt her hands tingle as a wave of invisibility swept over them. She stuffed them in her pockets quickly and went behind Patrick for coverage. Hopefully he would understand why, as she felt it sweep over her feet now. Just great! Within a second, a deep red replaced her fair skin across her cheeks...and hopefully Patrick or someone would explain that she was shy, which she was of course, now it was even worse.

"So, um...hey, uh, honey? What time is it?" She asked, playing it off like they were together, just to get rid of any suspicion of why she went behind Patrick.

It wasn't the smartest thing to do, but at the moment, it was all she could think of. She looked over his shoulder and carefully at the man.

Tag: Patrick, Bill, and Everyone

20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Billings Park; Montana

"Wow...So, how fast can you fly?" an anxious Henry asked. His excitement was palpable in his visage, as well as his speech pattern and tone.

Teresa thought to herself for a moment. How fast could she fly? She hadn't really experimented in this area yet with her abilities, but she doubted now was the time, especially with a gravity-limited human in her arms. Lord knows she didn't want to drop him.

"Not exactly sure," she finally said after he brief deliberation.

"And is this the extent of your power?"

Teresa grinned. This she knew the answer to, and she knew it quite well thanks to her experiences that morning with her butler and with a bit of the furniture as well.

"Not exactly," she said smiling. "And what exactly is it that you can do?" She wanted to take the focus off of herself for at least a little while. She wasn't exactly fond of opening herself up to someone she'd just met. Yet, somehow, it seemed as if the fate of all these people were intertwined, and destiny was beckoning them forth.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

"And what is it exactly that you can do?" asked Teresa. Henry grimaced. His powers, if they could be called that, paled in comparison.

"Well, nothing special. Not as amazing as this." He sighed. "I'm a genius. I guess that can be a power. That, and my black belt in any form of self-defense you can think of."

He smiled, thinking back to the sense of power his abilities gave him.

"As I said before, I hospitalized four muggers." he said, a hint of pride in his voice.

And why shouldn't he be? He'd done something amazing - a man who'd never fought before took down four criminals. Maybe that was his calling? A purpose? A lone man, fighting crime...no, that'd never be him. His face flushed, embarassed at his own thoughts.

"Well, I think I hospitalized them. One of them left with a broken arm."

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Billings Park; Montana

"Well, nothing special. Not as amazing as this." Henry sighed, as if he was disappointed at his lack of such astonishing powers. "I'm a genius. I guess that can be a power. That, and my black belt in any form of self-defense you can think of.

"As I said before, I hospitalized four muggers."
    There was a palpable hint of pride in the man's voice, and Teresa couldn't help but roll her eyes in good humor. "Well, I think I hospitalized them. One of them left with a broken arm."

"Not bad," Teresa said. She began to descend to the ground below. Having a conversation with someone in the sky that you were keeping from plummeting to the earth seemed, and felt, quite silly.

After several seconds, her feet touched the grassy ground below, her shoes not having as much shine to them as they did earlier that morning.

Tag: Peng, Any

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Patrick Kennerly and Cathair Tamara IC:

Patrick smiled a little at Brittnee, "Thanks...I'll remember that."

He looked up in time to see a new man approaching and ask what everyone was up to. Slightly nervous, he cast a gaze at everyone and their abilities.

"Oh, um...we're just talking..."

"Yeah...just talking..." Patrick nervously agreed.

Patrick notice Brittnee begin to blush a bit and quickly hide behind him from the newcomer. To which Patrick's brows went up and saw her remain close to him and then her next words completely took him off guard.

"So, um...hey, uh, honey? What time is it?"

Patrick couldn't answer, he had lost his voice. All he could do was gape for a few seconds before closing his mouth and then not being able to answer. He didn't have a watch, he opted to softly shrug, still sort of surprised at the words. Honey?

A small chuckle presented itself in front of Patrick, Brittnee, and the newcomer.

"Do not worry, I have the feeling he is another one of us. Just a little late, not that he meant to be," replied Cathair with a smile.

The man held out his hand to the man, "You have abilities I am guessing. You have the air of one just finding out however, more so than the others here..." a pause, "And what is your name? I am Cathair Tamara, the young man beside me is Patrick Kennerly and the shy woman with him is Brittnee Emerson, the others you can meet when it suits you."

Tag: Brittnee, Bill, Anyone Else

OOC: We'll be moving on shortly.

24. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

Brittnee continued to hide behind Patrick as the invisibility slowly took over her legs. A sudden chuckle from the other side of Patrick, made her shift her brown eyes to find Cathair.

"Do not worry, I have the feeling he is another one of us. Just a little late, not that he meant to be,"

The girl hidding behind Patrick suddenly went white...how could she mess that up?! A deep, deep red replaced the white, and instead of it being just the cheeks, her entire face went red. She lowered her head a little and felt the tingling sensation suddenly sweep up to her waist. She was going. And she was going quick.

"You have abilities I am guessing. You have the air of one just finding out however, more so than the others here...And what is your name? I am Cathair Tamara, the young man beside me is Patrick Kennerly and the shy woman with him is Brittnee Emerson, the others you can meet when it suits you."

Brittnee gave an embarrassed smile and nod toward the man.

Tag: Patrick, Bill, and Cathair

25. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Up! [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.