main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Extraordinary: The Beginning

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Elu, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    OOC: Up indeed. [face_whistling]

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Up! Who is still playing this?

3. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    OOC: Peng, you've got a tag waiting on you. ;)

4. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    Nah, i've been waiting for a tag from Elu since the initial meeting of everyone so i'm gonna retire from this

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Sorry! Oops!

IC: Henry

Henry took a deep breath. "Woo! That was, just...wow."

His face split into a grin, and he laughed. He never thought that in all his life he'd be able to do something like that. It was right of a comic book - normal people becoming heroes.

And villains.

He laughed again, thinking about who he could help, save, rescue...and avenge. The smile faded, as did his laughter, and he stared at the ground with a sas look on his face.

Tag: Teresa, others

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Teresa Garza
    Billings Park; Montana

As they landed, Teresa couldn't help but stumble this way and that for a few seconds, as if she had just had one too many beers at a latenight party (which had happened to her several times before, but let's not get into that at this moment in time). Once she regained her composure and the feeling that she was still in the sky had diminished, she looked behind her at Henry to see what he thought of the ride. Contrary to what she was expecting, he was staring at the ground, a sad look painted across his handsome visage.

"Aww, c'mon now," Teresa said with a friendly jab at Henry's shoulder, "wasn't that bad was it?"

Tag: Peng, Any

7. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Sorry about my absence everyone. Life has been...confusing as of late. I'll see if I can move the story along now. And I'm sorry to see you go PRFFM. :(

Cathair Tamara IC:
    Location ~Billings Local Park

Cathair looked at Bill quickly for a moment, "I know you have some of your own abilities. I would be honored if you would come with me to my residence, where we can discover what they are."

Cathair smiled at him before turning to Patrick, "You as well."

Moving back to where everyone could see him, Cathair waved to get their attention. As well as kindly asking them to look in his direction in all their heads.

When they were paying him the utmost attention, he smiled, and announced, "I believe I would like to invite you all to my place of residence. From there we might be able to discover a few more things and perhaps hone your skills. Though, there will be one thing to do first before all of that.

"Where you all came from. Your backgrounds. You have work, school, this, or that. I'm going to pair you all off and you can go and find a way to take a bit of a break from what it is you're doing so you can come with me for a bit. When you are finished, return to this park and find me. I'll take us to our next location. Any questions before I pair you off?"

Tag: Everyone

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry's head turned to listen to Teresa. It took a moment for him to realize what she saying. She jabbed him in the shoulder.

"It's not that; it's just, I was thinking..." he said, but was cut off by Cathair speaking to the assembled group.

When Cathair finished speaking, Henry spoke.

"Well, Teresa, need anything sorted before we continue?"

Tag: Teresa, others

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Teresa Garza
    Billings Park; Montana

"It's not that; it's just, I was thinking..." came the reply from Henry. Teresa wanted him to continue, but before he could, he was cut off by Cathair.

"Where you all came from. Your backgrounds. You have work, school, this, or that. I'm going to pair you all off and you can go and find a way to take a bit of a break from what it is you're doing so you can come with me for a bit. When you are finished, return to this park and find me. I'll take us to our next location. Any questions before I pair you off?"

Dibs on the hottie to my right! Eliza joked mentally before Henry spoke.

"Well, Teresa, need anything sorted before we continue?"

"Assuming you and I get paired off," Teresa replied, "I'd love to hit the arcade. I need to take some stress that my corportate partners have put on me out on Area 51." She winked, hoping that he would get the joke.

Tag: Peng

10. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

Brittnee got a grip on her flustered emotions and focused on calming herself down. She stood at Patrick's side quietly, feeling comfortable around him for some reason. Glancing up at him for a moment, her brown eyes looked into his own brown ones, to which she gave a shy smile to and then suddenly shifted her attention to Cathair.

He was going to be taking them to his "place of residence", as he had called it? What in the world...how could they trust him even? Hopefully this wasn't some trick in order to get some people into his toture house and kill them. She inched closer to Patrick. She had seen X-Men...where those people tried to kill the mutants. Maybe this was some big trick some how to finish them off?

Troubling thoughts like those filled her mind and she became so concerned that part of her feet began to disappear.

Tag: Patrick, Cathair, and Everyone

11. Darph_Nader

Darph_Nader Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    OOC: Finally, I get this up. :p Sorry if it's seems rushed...

IC BILL DOONE:

Bill obviously startled the young woman, as she froze when he talked to her.

"Oh, um... We're just talking..." she replied.

"Yeah... Just talking..." the man nervously agreed.

The young woman hurried quickly behind the man to whom she was talking, hiding herself from Bill.

"So, um... hey, uh, honey? What time is it?" the young woman asked the man. It seemed as a ruse to change the subject, or make the two look like they were together. The woman looked over her friend's shoulder, analyzing the man.

The next moment, a man's chuckling literally boomed in Bill's sensitive ears. He may be able to hear better now, but this ability would tend to be a curse at times.
    "Do not worry, I have the feeling he is another one of us. Just a little late, not that he meant to be," a man said, striding towards the three.

The man held out his hand to Bill, "You have abilities I am guessing. You have the air of one just finding out however, more so than the others here..." The man paused for a moment, allowing for an easy change of subject. "And what is your name? I am Cathair Tamara, the young man beside me is Patrick Kennerly and the shy woman with him is Brittnee Emerson, the others you can meet when it suits you."

Bill shook the man's hand, and gave a half friendly, half uneasy smile to Patrick and Brittnee.

"I'm Bill Doone," Bill replied to the man's inquiry, stuffing his hand back into his pocket, "So this is the X-Men cult I've heard so much about, right?" Bill said half-jokingly. The joke, however, didn't get any response. Typical... I've got to come up with some better stuff, Bill thought.

"I don't know what... abilities... I have, but I seem to have better sight, smell, and hearing than I did a few days ago..." Bill looked over to the young woman named Brittnee, and saw her glancing upwards at the sky. Following her line of sight, Bill saw two figures flying in the sky. This is definitely not going to be a normal day.

Bill now knew something had happened to his senses. They'd been amplified somehow, but the catalyst was a mystery.

He still saw that the girl was hiding behind Patrick, so... he brandished a smile at Brittnee. "I won't bite, you know."

In the next moment, Cathair was gathering everyone's attention. When everyone had their attention focused on the man, he gave them a briefing of sorts.

"... Any questions before I pair you off?" Cathair said at the closing his speech. This all seemed a bit conspicuous to Bill, what with it being in the middle of a city park and all. And going off with this guy to his "place of residence" seemed a bit odd, but it's not like he couldn't defend himself.

The only real question Bill had was whether he would get paired with a wacko or not, but it didn't seem that important to actually ask...

TAG: Darth_Elu, spacelady, anyone else

D_N :cool:

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry laughed.

"Destress, huh? I know what you mean. I was taking these heavy workload classes in University and college. Destroys your social life. Thank God for Xbox!"

He enjoyed his videogames, especially the Tom Clancy- made.

"So. I guess we wait now, huh?"

Tag: Teresa

13. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: I'm going to pair you all off and you can go and find a way to take a bit of a break Hey, Penguinator and Reynar, try not to go too far ahead please. He did say after all that he was going to do the pairings. ;) :p

14. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Kustaa McMahon

Montana, Billings Local Park

"Paired off?" Kustaa thought to himself as he remembered to meet back with his band later. He glanced at his watch and swore, seeing that Robby was spending half the morning with several disgruntled heavy metal rockers. Kustaa let out a groan and turned back to Sarah as if to hope she would be paired with him. "High school all over again..." He thought with a dissatisfied smile.

"Hey listen," Kustaa announced to Sarah in a low voice. "I don't know if you like heavy metal, but maybe you could come see our show, that is, if this Cat-hair guy ever lets us leave. I can get you backstage to meet the guys." Stupid idea Kustaa. Those guys would literally rip that poor girl apart like tossing a wounded zebra into a den of lions. He shook his head. "On second thought, where would you like to go for dinner?"

TAG: Sarah

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I'm aware!

16. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Sarah

Sarah's eyes got wide when she heard that they would all be going to Cathair's place. She wasn't sure if she liked that idea or the idea he had after that about being paired off. She only knew Kustaa and wasn't sure if she would be comfortable being with someone else. Sarah felt Kustaa's eyes on her and wondered what he was thinking. Probably hoping they would be paired together just like she was.

"Hey listen," "I don't know if you like heavy metal, but maybe you could come see our show, that is, if this Cat-hair guy ever lets us leave. I can get you backstage to meet the guys."

Sarah started to giggle at Kustaa's rendition of Cathair's name.

"On second thought, where would you like to go for dinner?"

Sarah wondered why he had changed his mind. She looked down at her clothes and realized that she probably didn't look to much like the kind of person who would go to a metal concert. Her eyes went back to Kustaa.

"Well, assuming we are paired together, we can do whatever you would like. Just make sure you tell me first so I can dress for the occasion."

Sarah blushed a little just thinking about going to dinner or even a concert with Kustaa.

"Oh and if you would like to take me to that concert it will be fine."

Tag: Zedd Vega

17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: For PRFFM's dropped character, Natassia, I shall now control unless someone would also like to control her? Also for MASTERPRENN and Darth_Vader_cousin's characters who seem to be gone...I will also control. They are Sarai and Jay. For now they're not up for grabs by anyone else.

And now the pairings...don't get mad at me! lol

Cathair Tamara IC:

Cathair watched for a few moments, no questions. Just them all watching him. That was good. They were waiting. He let his gaze sweep across all of them and began to think of pairings.

Hmmm...those two were quiet...why not put them together. Help bring each other out of their shell a little.

"Sarai and Jay, you two should go together and help get each other out of your normal lives for a little while. Get a break prepared then come back here when you're done."

Sarai and Jay nodded then looked at each other slightly apprehensively, then moved toward each other and quietly left, slowly starting to make conversation.

Cathair continued looking amid the others. Thinking of another pair.

Hmm...she looks shy unless with him...however, she needs to see converse with the others...and she has had a little contact with her...and she could help her with her situation possibly. They could think of something I'm sure. Yes.

Cathair smiled once more, "I hate to break up some starting friendships, but please...Teresa and Sarah, go together. Same as with Sarai and Jay, get a break from your normal lives. Teresa, I'm sure you'll be able to help persuade Sarah's family of something."

Another pair. But who? Ah yes, an interesting pair. But lets get them together, mix them up a bit, get comfortable with each other. And maybe he can bring out what the other can do.[//i]

Cathair spoke in a quiet voice for Bill yet all could hear, "Patrick and Kustaa, please go help each other. And like the others, come back here when you're finished."

Hmm...newcomer could go with...her perhaps. She seems quiet, but ready to talk when prompted. Could help the other. And he with her.

"Bill and Natassia, could you please go and help each other. Might be tough, but do what the others are going off to do. Then, of course, come back here when you're done."

Cathair looking quietly and gently at the remaining three people. Henry, Brittnee, and Roger.

Might as well get the two guys together and he himself could help the shy girl a little, perhaps.

"Henry and Roger, please go off and help each other. Brittnee...I'll go with you and help you with anything you need. Is that alright?"

Tag: Everyone

18. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

Brittnee carefully watched Cathair quietly as she stood nearby Patrick. She listened even more carefully as he called off names of each pairing and found herself watching him eagerly when he started to call Patrick's name. Say her name...say her name. Who knows who she'd get paired up with and Kennerly was really the only one she felt comfortable with.

"Patrick and Kustaa, please go help each other. And like the others, come back here when you're finished."

Her hopeful smile dropped from her face. Kustaa? She looked over at him and then shifted her brown eyes up to Patrick to see his reaction. She gave a sigh and then took count of who was left...Henry, that man who went through the tree after the first time of running into it, and herself. She silently wondered who she would be picked with but then stared at Cathair when he paired up Henry and Roger together. She was left alone.

Emerson felt shy again. Just like being picked last for dodgeball back in school. She blinked when she had realized she actually let out a sigh.

Before she could ask who she'd be with, the man with the red hair went on to speak.

"Brittnee...I'll go with you and help you with anything you need. Is that alright?"

Well at least she wasn't alone...?

"Yeah...that's okay."

Too bad not Patrick though... She stopped in mid-thought and blushed when she remembered that Cathair could probably hear that in his mind. She made a mental note to herself to watch what thoughts entered her mind, but then realized that he could probably pick that up too. Dammit.

Tag: Kennerly, Cathair, and All

19. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Sarah

"I hate to break up some starting friendships, but please...Teresa and Sarah, go together. Same as with Sarai and Jay, get a break from your normal lives. Teresa, I'm sure you'll be able to help persuade Sarah's family of something."

Sarah looked back at Kustaa with worry in her eyes. She was a shy person and was worried about not being with Kustaa. Oh and what about their plans? Sarah figured that would have to wait.

"Maybe dinner could happen tomorrow night." She whispered in Kustaa's ear. She then realized that she had no idea who Teresa was.

Tag: Kustaa, Teresa

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

With a "what can you do" smile to Teresa, Henry turned to find Roger. Roger - the bald fellow. He seemed likable enough, but Henry had yet to see his power in action. With a thought, he checked himself - no-one had seen his own powers in action yet, either.

He ached for a challenge - the adrenaline from this morning's confrontation had long since worn off, but not the feeling. He longed for a chance to show off, to show what he could do. This wasn't the Henry he knew - this was a new Henry. One with strong values, and strong beliefs.

Henry extended his hand to Roger. "Roger, is it? I'm Henry."

He smiled. "It looks like we'll be working together for a spell."

Tag: Roger

21. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Up!

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Patrick Kennerly IC:

Patrick let out a small sigh, but quickly averted his gaze away from everybody for a moment when he was called to be with Kustaa. He was a little shy, not terribly so, but it was more for Brittnee that he was sad. She was really shy and seemed comfortable with him (to which he had a mental smile) so he had wanted to be called to be with her.

He gave an apologetic smile to her, "Well, uh, see you later I guess."

With that he shrugged and moved off to find Kustaa. From earlier conversations he had managed to figure out who he was. He watched him uncertainly for a moment, at his heavy or death metal look about him. Looked like he was going to eat him whole...yet he had this halfway hyper, happy-go-lucky look on his face which completely contrasted from the rest of his appearance. Patrick figured that was his speed powers on the fritz. He idly wondered if he'd be able to keep up with this guy.

Tag: Kustaa

Roger Shakire IC:

Roger looked to see Henry approaching him after their names were called almost last of the entire group.

He mentally sized him up, having seen part of his 'demonstration' from earlier. Seemed decent, but his skills had looked quite formidable.

Roger held out his free hand (his other was still clutching that sword from earlier in the morning) and shook Henry's hand.

"Guess so," he said slowly, "Spell seems like such an appropriate word to use for some reason...anyway, what do you need to sort out? Or 'take a break from' as Cathair said?"

Tag: Henry

Cathair Tamara IC:

Cathair quietly moved over to Brittnee as everyone else moved toward each other and one or two pairs were already starting to walk toward the exits of the park. He gave her a calm, confident smile as he held out a hand to her.

"I promise you, there is no need to be afraid or uncertain around me. I'll help anyway I can, Miss Emerson. Where is it that you need to go?"

Tag: Brittnee

23. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Brittnee Emerson

Brittnee looked over at Patrick, who looked down at her with a small smile.

"Well, uh, see you later I guess."

"Yeah, um...take care of yourself..."

Brittnee then kept her brown eyes trained on him when he went over to his partner and watched him for a moment, quietly. Why Cathair? Why not Patrick? He was the only one she felt comfortable around.

Giving a silent sigh, Brittnee almost trudged over to where Cathair stood, keeping her brown eyes slightly low.

"I promise you, there is no need to be afraid or uncertain around me. I'll help anyway I can, Miss Emerson. Where is it that you need to go?"

She finally forced herself to look up at the man who watched her quietly and kindly. He did have a kind and honest air about him.

"Um...I go to college. Class is later today. So...I have to get out of that." She answered quietly and found herself looking over her shoulder nervously to see how Patrick was handling that...rock star? He sure looked like one.

After a moment, she shifted her gaze back to Cathair and looked up at him, for the first time with no shyness, just curiousity across her face.

"What about you? Can I, uh, help with anything?"

Tag: Cathair

24. Darph_Nader

Darph_Nader Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    OOC: Sorry I never got one up sooner... and sorry for the shortness - I didn't think I put too much into a post right now. :(

IC BILL DOONE:

Bill looked around as everyone went off in their pairs. He spotted the one who he was paired with.

Russian, by the looks... hasn't spoken much - that might make it easier for me....

As Bill stood pondering over the pairings, he began to contemplate his powers. The image of the red-clad vigilante, Daredevil, popped into his head. Bill had acquired improved hearing, smell, touch, and sight - and that last one gave him an advantage over Mr. Murdock.

Bill gave a quick parting smirk to Brittnee, and then crossed the gap separating him from Natassia. He stopped about a foot in front of her, and smiled. He analyzed her features, catalouging her face into the back of his head. Bill never fully trusted anyone, and it was best to be able to easily recognize any given individual... just in case.

"Name's Bill Doone," Bill said, holding out his hand. "And you must be Natassia, am I right?"

TAG: spacelady, Elu, anyone

D_N :cool:

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Henry

Henry smiled, and shook the other man's hand.

"Well, if it's no trouble to you, I need to arrange a few things at my hotel."

He looked at the sword.

"So, uh, packing heat, huh?"

Tag: Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.