main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Yep, it's offical. I'm crazy. Here I am posting yet another story when I should be working on my other two. Or at least my homework, but that's not due tomarrow so I'm fine.

But as my signature says, I'm being run over by plot bunnies. And I just have to get some of this things out of my head. Like: blind Obi, blind Qui, evil clone of Qui that beats on Obi, Obi as a knight finds a Force girl and acts like a dad to her, Council forbids Obi to train Ani and Obi quits to train him... agh! And some others that ambush me during class.

But this is just going to be short little posts (so far) and more a sideline to my other two.

Edited part- (opps, forgot this)
    Summary: Obi-Wan is born blind.
    Spoilers: JA
    Disclaimers: you know the drill
    Archive: All you need to do is ask. Same for my other stories.

Sandra Lars did as she was told as another contraction came. Almost crushing her husband?s hand in the process. But Karl Lars hardly noticed as he continued to encourage and sooth his wife. Another contraction came and the couple heard one of the most beautiful sounds in the world.

A baby?s cry.

?It?s a boy.? The nurse said proudly as she wrapped the screaming child and handed him to his mother.

?Benjamin.? Sandra whispered. Karl grinned and wrapped his arms around the two.

?Hello Ben.? He said to the red-faced boy. He smoothed the small red downed head then let his finger get wrapped by one of the fidgeting hands. The boy?s hand wrapped around it and almost instantly he tried to being in to his mouth. Karl laughed and hugged his wife.

?We did it, sweetie.? He kissed her sweat damp hair. ?I?m so proud of you.?

Sandra leaned into her husband, gazing down at the small figure in her arms. Ben had finally stopped crying and drifting off to sleep. But before he did he opened his eyes. Sandra thought they were the most beautiful pair of eyes see had ever seen. Two ice blue orbs gazed lazily up at her then closed as he fell into sleep.

Sandra bent down and softly kissed her son?s head. ?My precious Ben.?

I hope you all like this now that I'm insane and all. Ha, the intro was almost as long as the post.

I couldn't really think of a good title. Any suggestions?

I'm in a good mood tonight. Must be the Oreo's. :D

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hmm, title......well, I think you should write more before I suggest anything.

I think blind Obi was done once, he got chemicals in his eyes in an explosion. But that wasn't an AU, so I'm interested to see wheere you are going with this. Plus, I think blind Obi is a cool idea, so whatever. You have a devoted reader, even if I don't get to post!

3. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Ah...Good start, you got my attention.
    I can't wait to see blind Obi meet Qui-Gon.
    One thing, you ARE going to post more soon, RIGHT? Please?

4. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    I read the one where Obi was blind cuz of chemicals.
    It's really good.
    And it's got a happy ending.
    This story's coming along great.

5. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Happy ending? Who said anything about a happy ending? This is only the begging. [face_devil]

Yeah, I've read that other story. I think it's called 'Lost Light'. Really good story. But nothing like this one.

Glad you guys like it so far. :D

6. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Yeah, that was by Cassia. I have read Lost Light, um, like more then 5 times. :D One of the first I read by her too. It is my top one in all.

But anyway, this is turning out interesting. I guess I just have a liking to Obi blind or just Obi torture. :)

Are you still having Obi as a Jedi or is Qui going to meet him in another way? And is Owen in this?

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!

Heh heh...couldn't help it :p

Seriously though...awwww!!!! Cute start!!!

More soon? Please? :D

8. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I've got a title, it's called...
    "Post more soon!"
    How deos that sound?

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Boy, demanding little readers, aren't you. [face_mischief]

Hmm, Cow_Girl, I don't know about that title. [face_laugh] How about another? :D

Patience everyone. Our favorite Jedi Master will show up soon. (like the post after this).

Be up in a minute.

10. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Here you go.
    _________
    ?What?! No! That can?t be. How? Why!??

?I?m sorry Mr. Lars, but it is true. We?ve gone over the tests three times to make sure.?

Karl Lars sat down heavily next to his wife. Sandra was hugging and rocking Ben, as if to ward off what the doctor had just told them. But it wouldn?t help. Nothing could.

Their son was blind.

Karl rubbed his face wearily. Thou he hated to admit it, they were struggling to get by. Ben had been a surprise but they were able to save enough to care for the child. They were determined to raise him but now, with him being blind, it would be more work, more time they hardly had to begin with. He sighed. No, they would do it. Ben was their son. His son. He wasn?t going to abandon the boy just because fate decided to play a cruel trick on them.

He glanced at mother and child. Sandra was rubbing Ben?s cheek lovingly while the boy giggled and ran his hands through her long hair. Though it seemed to be a simple and playful game, Karl could see that the doctor was right. Ben only had the hair in his hands less then half of the time, the other half his hands, and eyes, were moving around searching, until they once again brushed against the strands.

?There is also something else.? Both parents looked up at the doctor. ?Even though we?re not in the Republic, I still run some certain tests. One is a called a midi-chlorian count. Basically it?s what is used to determine if any children born are able to be Jedi. Your son has a very high count.?

If possible, Sandra clutched Ben closer to her. Karl understood. Their Ben could be a Jedi, but in doing so they would never see him grow up. If they let him go he wouldn?t even remember them.

?I just wanted to tell you. Since Ben is blind for life, being a Jedi would allow him a life he would never have.? The doctor smiled. ?Even if he wasn?t blind, it would be a different life here.? The doctor paused as if he wasn?t sure on what to say. ?Off the record, I?d advice you to let him train. I know a few Jedi, and not only are they good people, the abilities they have are rare and unique. I know for a fact that they are always looking for more Force sensitive children, and your son is one of the highest midi-chlorian counts I have ever seen. I would think he would be a very strong Jedi.?

Karl looked at his wife but knew what she was going to say. He turned back to the doctor and shook his head. ?I?m sorry, no. We wouldn?t give up our son.?

The doctor looked discouraged. ?I understand, but please just think about it.? He nodded to Sandra and got back to businesses. ?Anyway, everything else checks out fine. I?ll be keeping you here another night just to make sure though. Well have a good night and I?ll be seeing you in the morning.? And with that he left the small family to ponder how they could get through this one.

11. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :_| poor lil Ben... :(

"You will become a Jedi, I promise..."

:D Couldn't help it... sorry!! [face_blush]

Of COURSE we're demanding Swede. Waht did ya expect? "Oh look, it's another Swede story *sigh*"

:p

NEED MORE!!!!

12. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Obi-baby is cute.
    I sure hope Qui-Gon meets Obi-Wan soon.
    More please?
    A post can lighten up my day. :)
    Thanks! :)

13. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    What's this??

ANOTHER new story???

Yep. You're crazy. Either that or you have the rare disease called AOWCNSWYAHTM.

An-Obsession-With-Creating-New-Stories-When-You-Already-Have-Too-Many.

Not like that's a bad thing.

And as for Sandra.... aw, suck it up. Don't be selfish.

That is all.

14. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    :_|

Hello? Karl and Sandra, you DON'T have to think long!

*starts clapping and chanting* Jedi, Jedi, Jedi....

*everyone is looking* [face_blush] Um, bye now.

15. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Yes, I'm crazy. Yes, a new story. I'm being run over by plot bunnies. One that is posted weekly and the other two posted when ever.

Hmm, it's Friday. Should I put up another post?

What do you think?

Yes?

No?

~Swede :p

16. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    As long as all your stories have MUSH, I'm fine. :D

Lot's of MUSH!

GLORIUS MUSH!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem* ANYway..........Obi is so cute when he's impaired in any way.........especially physically, the little cutie.....

*Giggles* Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, he's a hottie, he's a .............. [face_blush]

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Put up another story,before we have to gang up on you and track you down.PEACE Ewen

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Mush. Mush. Hmmmm, I'm looking and... I'm not seeing any. Not for a while anyway. [face_devil]

Have to agree with you Ani Obi is a hottie. [face_love] [face_love] [face_blush]

Ewen, what do you mean by another story? What, three isn't enough?

Anyway, here's an extra post since I'm in a good mood.

?Mr. and Mrs. Lars. This is a good friend of mine; Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Xanatos. He?s here because he heard about Ben.?

Karl looked the man over. He was tall and broad shouldered with chin length hair that partly tied back and a lit goatee. He wore a brown robe with cream tunics underneath. He stood tall and proud with his hands hidden in his oversized shelves. Behind him stood a young man, about seventeen or so, with short chopped black hair. He wore a matching robe and clothes to Jinn, and a braid trailed down his shoulder.

Jinn bowed, followed by Xanatos. ?Greetings, Mr. Lars: Mrs. Lars.?

Karl looked accusingly at the doctor. ?How did he get here so fast?? The doctor looked uncomfortable but it was the Jedi that answered him.

?I and my Padawan were in the system when we got a call about a Force sensitive child being born. We were the closest and so came to see if it was true.?

Karl looked at his wife and could see the fear in her eyes. They had talked long and hard last night and had finally come to decision. But in the morning light, when Ben had woken and cooed at them, it was so hard to go through with it. Now though it seemed that they weren?t allowed to change their minds again.

Sandra sat up some, Ben in her arms cooing and playing with her hair like last night, and addressed the tall Jedi. ?What would happen if we let you have him??

The Jedi?s voice was calm and soothing. He must have sensed the parent?s fear. ?He will be very well taken care of. He will learn how to use his abilities and how to help others.? The man?s features softened. ?I will not lie. A Jedi?s life is a hard one, with no reward and little guarantee. Even with sight, it is hard. Your son would have to learn how to live with his blindness, but as a Jedi he can overcome that. With the Force, he would be able to ?see?. He is strong. He could be a great Jedi.?

:D ;) :p [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

19. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Youre bit odd, Ewen, first U make threats and then make peace but the threat still stands. (no offense if any)

by the way Awesome story I cant wait for the next post!

20. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Nice going. :D
    MORE!!!

x Clare x

21. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Still want more....still want MORE!

22. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    You know waht Swede, you are insane!!!

But I hear ya about random plot bunnies swimming around. I too have that prb :)

Well, it would be pointless for me to say this when everyone else has said it already...but...MORE!!!

Knight_Obi

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I know I'm being redundant, but MOOOOOOOORE!

24. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Wow, two posts in a day, you are so kind. :)
    Thank you so much.
    More, soon?

25. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great start, could be an interesting story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.