main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Obi? Obi? Obi, hmmm... oh, he isn't in the story anymore, didn't you know that?

<mob with lightsabers, blaster, pithforks, and torches close in on Swede>

Ah, I was just kidding, guys. Really. Come on, can't you take a joke?

<mob keeps getting closer>

Here! <pulls Obi in holds in front of her as a sheild> Here's Obi!

Obi: Hey, keep me out of this. This is your fault.

Me: Shut up, Obi. This is not my fault. If you weren't so cute and sweet and all, then nobody would write about you and how you're always getting in trouble.

Obi: <scowls> And what am I supposed to do about that?

Me: Be quiet and calm the crowd. <pushes Obi into the mob and runs the other way>

Ok folks, extra post up in a minute.

2. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Hey page 11! :D
    ?What?!? Clat?Ha yelled. She rounded on the Hutt. ?That?s what you?re trying to pull? Enslave these people by giving them what was rightfully theirs in the first place?! You stinken, slimy piece of bantha poodoo!? She raised her blaster but a large hand pushed her arm down before she could fire.

?That will not help things, Clat?Ha.? Qui-Gon calm voice said.

?Maybe not, but it would make me feel better.? But the women did lower her blaster, though she didn?t holster it.

?Hoo hoo hoo. You should listen to the Jedi, women. Besides there is nothing you can do. The Arconans need the dactyl to survive and I have it. And I am very willing to give it to them when they join me. BUT,? The Hutt boomed loudly. ?Only if they join me. I will not give in to any of your Jedi tricks. They will not work on me.? The Hutt glared at Qui-Gon with open hate but the Jedi gazed calmly back. Then the Hutt turned to the Arconans again. ?So, what is your decision? Life as a slave or death in freedom?? The Hutt laughed again, amused at his words.

For a moment the miners stood there, looking at each other, then they took a step closer to the Hutt.

?Wait!? Everyone turned to Si Treemba. The young boy turned nervous at the sudden attention but, taking a deep breath, strode forward in front of his peers. ?We can?t do this. If we sign with Jemba we will be giving up. We will become his slaves. He does not care about us. He cares only about money.?

One of the Arconan miners spoke. ?What does it matter if we serve him or not. We are Arconans. As long as we are together we will survive.?

Si Treemba shook his head in frustration. ?We cannot give up.?

?Without the dactyl we will die. What other way is there? You ask the impossible.?

Si Treemba bowed his head in thought. ?I do not know the way, but I do know that sometimes the impossible is possible. I know that if you believe in something and try your hardest, sometimes what you hope for will come true.?

?What do you mean??

Si Treemba looked up at the other. ?Do you know why we are safely on planet now? Because my friend landed us here. That might not seem so much, but he is blind. He can not see the nose on his face but he piloted us here because he believed he could.?

A gasp had gone through the crowd at Si Treemba?s words. Everyone started to talk amongst themselves. Only Qui-Gon and Clat?Ha stood passively in the middle of it.

?You lie!? Jemba accused. His voice heard easily over the others. ?No blind worm could fly us here.?

Si Treemba turned to the Hutt, squaring his shoulders. ?I do not lie. And you can call me what you want but Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the bravest people I know. He is not the worm, you are.?

At this the Hutt reared himself up, his bulk expanding as he huffed himself up.

?I would watch what you say, little slave.? He stared hard at Si Treemba and the Arconan cringed. ?You never know when a little worm can be crushed.? The Hutt snapped his fingers and a whiphid walked into the room. A limp form slung over his shoulder.

Happy now? [face_devil]

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Yes, thank you!

AHHHH!! IT'S ANOTHER CLIFFIE!

4. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, people got their wish about seeing Obi... ;) It'll be extremely interesting to see where you take this, Swede! The story has begun to diverge more from the actual story line (beside the blind part, of course - that was *always* a bit different!) Glad to see I wasn't being stupid with my guesses. :D ;)

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Nooooo! Obi!!!!! Jemba, if you hurt that sweet little boy... I SWEAR I WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BEEN BORN!!!!!!!!!

I'm done! :)

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

7. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Obi-dear you need to learn how to stay out of trouble. >:)
    I can't wait to see where you go next with this. Please post more.

8. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!

Cool posties! :D

More soon right? RIGHT!?!?!

I'm going INSANE waiting...

:p

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    So classes are done but I still have finals. Yuck. :( <sigh> I hate studing.

Thanks everyone, again.

Yeah, Master_Gimpy, I'd like to know where I'm going with this story too. I had it planned out for one thing but I was writing it and suddenly this all happened. Now I'm not sure on how to get it back or even if I should. The story has a mind of it's own and it's trying to take over.

Qui-Gon knew he had to find Obi-Wan. If the boy had collapsed after using the Force at the amount that he would need to pilot the ship, he could be in very serous trouble. The boy couldn?t have possibly been trained to use and control that much power. And there could be severe side effects if the person wasn?t treated right away. Didn?t the boy know this? What had he been thinking? He had been told to find a pilot not do it himself.

The Jedi Master watched as the Whiphid walked in with the unconscious form. He frowned as his instincts were confirmed. Someone from Offworld had found the boy after Si Treemba had left and took the boy to the Hutt.

He reached out the boy, but he didn?t respond. Qui-Gon nudged the boy with the Force.

Wake up, Obi-Wan.

The Whiphid dropped his load on the floor in front of the Hutt?s dais. Obi-Wan?s head lolled to the side, facing the crowd of Arconans. Qui-Gon still got no answer.

?So this is your brave pilot?? Jemba boomed. ?He looks very much like a useless worm to me. Hoo hoo hoo. Why do you keep up with this useless attempt? The sooner you sign with me, the sooner you can get your dactyl.?

The Arconans looked at each other again and moved forward as one.

*&*&*&*&*

Wake up.

He was floating. Where, he couldn?t tell.

You are needed.

?What?? He thought.

You are needed. You must wake up.

?Who are you??

I am with you, always.

?And where is that? Where am I??

It doesn?t matter. You must leave. You are needed.

?Who needs me? What?s going on??

But the voice didn?t answer and he continued to float in the void. He tried to find a way out but there was something holding him in. He pushed against it but the pressure didn?t give in and pain shot through him. He stopped and the pressure and pain let up. He called out to voice but it remained silent. He stayed, floating for unmeasurable amount of time.

Wake up, Obi-Wan.

He jolted at the voice but it wasn?t the same one as before. He knew that voice. And it sounded urgent. He had to go. He needed to find out what was going on. He pushed his way out. It felt like someone had sealed a lid over him. He pushed harder and pain exploded in his head but he continued anyway. He was needed.

10. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Who is with him????

11. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Who was Obi-dear talking too? Obi wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post more please

12. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Of course Obi wakes up...

Noble til the end, that's our boy.

13. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Great posts!!! :D
    what's this about 'being with him always', it sounds like that phrase, u know, the blessing that Jedi give each other...[face_mischief]

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Go Obi! Show that big bad Jemba exactly who the "worm" is!!!!

More soon please! :D

15. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    yeah! Get up Obi and give jemba a nice big squeeze till his eye bugle out!

Bwahahaha!

post soon

16. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    So that's where Obi is. I wonder who, or what, the mysterious voice is? But I agree, he needs to wake up.

17. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Poor Obi, hope he wakes up.

Great post, can't wait for more. :)

18. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    eiks you must post soon you must you must you must!

19. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Who was it?!

20. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    The only clue you get about the voice is what was said. [face_devil] :D Though TK is on the right track.

Ok, so I'm not really sure about this next part. The whole speaking part was hard to do because I wanted the same ending as the book but the way I got there was so different and I wasn't really sure how everyone would act. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

And as always, feedback is welcomed.

?Don?t try anything, Jedi.? Jemba warned. He gestured to one of his guards and the Whiphid lowered his blaster on the unmoving form of Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon gritted his teeth and stayed where he was.

?That?s a good Jedi. Now,? The Hutt said to the group of Arconans. ?Let?s get on with this. I only have so much patience.?

Qui-Gon tried to think of some way of getting the Arconan?s their dactyl without endangering Obi-Wan. He frowned. Why did the boy have to disobey him again? If he had listened then he wouldn?t have been captured and used as a hostage.

A hand twitched. Qui-Gon?s eyes were the only things that moved toward the small body by the Hutt. Jemba was still boasting and gloating and paid no attention to the boy. The ginger haired head shifted and Qui-Gon got the impression that Obi-Wan was getting a handle on his surroundings.

He sent out a tiny Force probe. After a moment he got a response back. It was weak and a bit disoriented but it was better than nothing. Si Treemba was still trying to get his fellows to not give in while Jemba insulted and laughed at them all. The pure arrogance that the Hutt thought had won both disgusted and relieved Qui-Gon. It was a clear weakness and he hoped to use it. Jemba?s loud voice brought the Jedi Master fully back.

?? I?ll let this valueless worm go if you sign now.? He motioned at Obi-Wan. ?He is no use to me other than a bargaining chip.? That was about all Qui-Gon could stand from the Hutt. He was about to step forward, yes he was risking Obi-Wan but he hoped to be able to protect the boy if it got bad, when the boy in question acted.

A Force push shoved the Whiphid away and into the guards behind him. Obi-Wan then rolled away from the Hutt and was on his feet standing by Si Treemba before anyone else could move. He opened his eyes as he faced the Miner Lord, ice blue against bulging black. Qui-Gon slipped close to the boy, worried about the Force emissions he was giving off.

?No one is using me as a ?bargaining chip?, Jemba.? Obi-Wan said in a clear voice. Qui-Gon picked up the subtle Force-suggestions the boy was using to calm everyone down. ?And you can?t blackmail these people into working for you. You have your own people, you can?t have the Arconans too.?

Drool dripped down the Hutt?s huge mouth as he fumed. ?What is this!? How dare a pathetic worm like you stand up to the Great Jemba the Hutt! I will have your heart for dinner!? The Hutt bellowed and raged but Obi-Wan didn?t stand down. Qui-Gon was impressed.

?You will do no such thing.? Obi-Wan said in a soft calm voice. Jemba was forced to close his mouth if he wanted to hear the boy. He turned to Si Treemba. ?My friend, it isn?t my right to say what you and your people should do, but I ask you to wait. We will get the dactyl back.?

Si Treemba breathed a sigh in relief. ?Obi-Wan, I am glad to see you well. If you are with us, we know that we will get it back.? The young Arconan turned to the others. ?Listen, we do not need Jemba. If we work for Jemba he will give us only enough dactyl to survive a day in the mines. We will never have enough. And he will never let us be free.? Si Treemba put a hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?We choice to wait.?

A low murmur went through the crowd of Arconans as they discussed it. Then as one they joined Si Treemba.

So, was that ok?

21. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    [thumbs up]
    [does half-hearted jig] yeah, I was right! Don't worry Swedi, I won't say. [face_devil] let them figure it out...

22. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Of course it was great!

23. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    That was a cool post!!!

More soon please! :D

*KG*

24. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I think I know "who" the voice is! I ain't telling, though.

Great story, please keep on writing!

JediCandy

25. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Well, I had a feeling on the who was and it reminded me of this someone :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.