main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo, It's really good! I like it! I've always enjoyed blind-Obi stories...

Hehe...

More soon please! :D

I am seeing Harry Potter today!!!!! (Not like anyone will care...)

2. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Girl you beetter come back and tell me about that trailer. GOOD POST. MORE PLEASE.

3. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Aw that was a great post!

Um, since this is AU, could you make Xani not turn? We have enough Dark Jedi and Sith running around.

4. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Just a question, is there anyone who comes to these forums that isn't crazy??? ;)

Great story, I didn't read the other blind Obi one so I'm game...

Now the only thing we need is another post!!!!

5. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Jenn-Kenobi, sorry but I'm following the JA books on this one, well to a point and I need a bad guy. Sorry.

Next...
    Qui-Gon Jinn carried the small tightly wrapped bundle up the ship?s ramp. He gazed down at the small face that was the only thing that showed under the blankets. Ice blue eyes gazed up at him, and Qui-Gon wondered if the boy really could see. The baby had hardly cried and spent most of the time facing the Jedi.

?Well, little one,? Qui-Gon said softly. ?It seems you?re with me for a while. I doubt you would find me interesting though. Plus, I already have a Padawan. And I have no desire to care for such a small one like you.?

Ben?s response was to burp then coo at him. Qui-Gon wasn?t sure if he should be disgusted or amused.

?That was very un-Jedi like.? He said with a smile. The infant stopped making noise and tears started to from in those cloudy eyes. ?Hush, now.? The Jedi started to rock the baby back and forth. ?I?m not mad. I was merely joking.? Force, he was talking to a newborn. Even if he was Force-sensitive, he wouldn?t be able to understand me.

But Ben only gave one small cry before he started cooing again. Qui-Gon shook his head in puzzlement.

?Are you coming, Master? Or are you going to start a child care program here?? Xanatos?s voice called form the cockpit.

Qui-Gon gave a mock glare at the unseen Padawan. He whispered to the infant in his arms. ?How about we let him change you, hmm??

Ben cooed in agreement.

6. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Haha! Yeah, make Xanatos change Obi! That's be something I'd love to see!

Seriously, though, Anakin isn't in this at all, right?

What with An Uncertain Path and all, I've had just about enough of the little turd.

:D

No offense to all you Ani-Lovers out there.

7. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] Good one Qui. Have Xanatos change little Ben.

How is Uncertain Path? Is it a good fic? I have seen the title just never read it. And surely Ani can't be *that* bad. Only if he is Vadar that is.

8. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Jenn you obviously haven't read that story. Yes, Anakin is a little jerk in it, though at the moment he isn't too bad. You should read it though, it's a really good story. Well if you like extreme mental Obi-torture.

9. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    lol

Xantos changing Obi, that would be enough to turn him to the dark side ;)

10. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    This looks good. I read Cassia's Lost Light, but this doesn't look as if it's anything like it, besides there's always room for different versions of a theme. ;)

Jenn-Kenobi Uncertain Path is a great story. I don't think Ani is too bad in it, certainly no worse than many teens I see running around my son's high school, Qui-Gon though is not coming off too well. You wouldn't believe the number of people who want to slow roast him over an open fire. ;) Not me, mind you, I still love him. ;) Anyway, this is a great story and so are Red Rose Knight's other stories. If you're an Ani fan be sure to read her story, "Never Alone" which I think has a really nice Anakin.

11. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Obi-baby is cute, so cute with all those cooing.
    Ha, ha, Xanatos is in serious trouble. Changing Obi-Wan? Will it make Xanatos turn to the darkside faster? Maybe Qui-Gon should keep Xanatos' lightsaber for now. Just in case.

12. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    yeah better take Xani'd light saber first.

The part about Obi is sooo cute! I wish I was in Qui's place.

13. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    the more fics the better IMHO. Agree totally with most of the comments here;
    like MUSH, want MUSH (see what u've done Ani_RW_Pansy u've converted me to mush now!) :_|
    Love the idea of blind Obi. Very glad u didn't do something horrid like have him born without ANY eyes - shudders - 'cos no-one messes with those baby-blue/green/greys (etc)
    I think I might have read 'Lost Light' but not sure...could some1 get me a link to it (hopeful eyes) please.
    Basically everything's great so far Swede. Update soon! :)

14. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Mush!
    Me like mush!
    The Swedish Jedi, if you don't give us mush....ummm...gotta think of a threat....ummmm
    *Walks off, scratching head*

15. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Cute! :) Little Obi cooing at Qui-Gon. :) :) :)

An Uncertain Path is a great story. I'm one of the aforementioned people who want to slow roast Qui-Gon over an open fire. :D

x Clare x

16. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Swede and Abbi Cee. Thank you for telling me. Rose is writting it, right? I'll read Ani from time to time, but Obi has my heart. [face_love] If it is saying about where Qui is training Ani, that is one reason I had choose not to read it. I may someday.

And Swede, I was so hoping for a post. :(

17. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    AWWWWWW!!! That was so cute!! Yeah make Xani change his nappy! LOL!!!

18. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Started to read Uncertain Path, which is well written. I am confused with it and I am not really liking how Qui and Obi are in it. So... will I continue? I don't know.

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    TwilightKat I would never mess with Obi's eyes. <sigh> They're so lovely. [face_blush]

Jenn, I'd advise you keep reading. But if you're not into it, I quess that's ok. Can't understand why you wouldn't but... [face_mischief]

Qui-Gon Jinn watched dispassionately from the viewing widow above the training arena. Once again, Master Yoda had talked him into coming to yet another round of initiate sparring. He had only agreed because the annoying master had threatened to not send him on any more missions until he made an appearance. And who said Jedi don?t threaten.

Two initiates made their way off the mats. The fight had been short, the blond girl quickly defeating her opponent. The blindfolds they had to wear required them to focus on the Force and not on their regular senses. The girl had been quick, her hits hard, but Qui-Gon easily picked out places were she had left herself open or wasted too much energy.

But then that was what a master was for, right? To teach the student what they had done wrong.

Qui-Gon quickly pushed those infuriating thoughts away. He wasn?t going to train another Padawan and that was final. And he didn?t care what the diminutive master next to him thought or said.

The next two children came out. Usually they were blindfolded at the sidelines, but one of the boys was left untouched.

?Why isn?t he blindfolded??

?Need it he does not.? Yoda said without looking up.

Qui-Gon was puzzled but left it be. The ancient Jedi would tell him when he was ready. Usually when Qui-Gon was ready to pull his hair out.

The duo on the floor squared off, lightsabers lit and held before them. The white haired boy slashed at the other, trying to take the kill early. But the other, the one without the blindfold, easily dodged and parried. The two danced around the room. White-hair fell twice on the random blocks set around the room just for that purpose. The other boy only stumbled once as he came at it from behind.

Qui-Gon found himself watching the ginger haired boy as he parried back and forth. There was something about him?.

Then the match was over and Ginger-hair was named the winner. Qui-Gon heard the muffled cheers and saw a young Calmarian (sp?) girl run out to the mat and hug the winner. Then she took his hand and led him back to the side, almost as if the boy was unable to make it back himself.

Qui-Gon turned to his former Master. ?That was hardly fair. One was blindfolded while the other was not.?

?Told you I did. Need it he did not.?

?Is he that poor of a student that he needs the extra help?? Qui-Gon said, almost with anger. He never saw it coming as a cane whacked his shins.

?Listen you do not. Told you I have. No more will I. Talk to him if you wish to know.? And with that the small Master hobbled away.

The whacking was my revenge on Qui-Gon from RRK's stories. [face_devil]

20. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Qui-Gon, Yoda is right, if you want to know why you have to ask Obi-Wan yourself. *Which means you are going to meet Obi-Wan, YEAH!*
    I am LOOKING forward to the next post. :)

21. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    You tell him Yoda!
    Man, even for a jedi Qui-gon came be awful thick at times...

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Maybe you should post twice tonite.GREEEAT POST!PEACE Ewen

23. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] Ah, Swede, Qui is getting tortured enough from Hannah. But a whack now and then would never hurt. Well in Qui's case... :D As for Red Rose, I am reading her Fallen Dreams one. Which is great. Duh, you knew that. As for Uncertain Path, I just may sit down and read it when I get the time.
    But this is just as good and a little funnier then JA 1.

24. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Yeah, Qui, go talk to Obi!!!

25. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Whoa... How thick can you get? Sheesh! Go Obi! He can beat Bruck anytime!!! :)

More soon please! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.