main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Hmm, Qui-Gon had better not be so quick to make assumptions. I wonder if Obi's blindness has affected his skills??? maybe for the better?

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Poor Qui-Gon. :( Everyone wants to hurt you. Never mind, I still love you. Qui-Gal all the way, that's me. ;) Jenn-Kenobi I know how you feel. At one point I became so depressed while reading Uncertain Path I had to stop reading, but the writing really is so good that I went and picked it up again. Hopefully I'll make it to the end. ;)

Anyway, back to this story. :) So Qui-Gon has forgotten all about little Ben, I wonder when he'll figure it out? Will he go and speak to Obi-Wan? Is Obi's anger still a problem for him in this story or are the other masters intimitdated by trying to take on a blind student? Looking forward to more. :)

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    DUH QUI-GON!!!!

:D

Cool post Swede!!! :) More soon right? ;)

4. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Still no Post? Donde es el Post?

5. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    El post es aqui.
    Hablo esponol un poco pero no muy bien. :D

Don't worry, the next post isn't in spanish. [face_laugh]

Obi-Wan was breathing heavily as he let Bant take him off the mats. He was too tired to find his way right now anyway. His friend was congratulating him on winning and how good he did and that Bruck never had a chance.

?I?m so happy for you, Obi-Wan. I?m sure a master will pick you now. Stairs.? She warned.

Obi-Wan made his way down, still holding Bant?s hand. She led him to where he could sense Garen and Reeft were waiting. The two boys patted his back and repeated Bant?s earlier words.

?That was great, Obi-Wan.?

?Yeah, showed Bruck.?

?I knew you could do it.?

Obi-Wan blushed and waved it off. ?I just did what I?ve been taught to do.? His tone softened. ?I just hope it?s enough. I mean, my birthday is in a couple weeks.?

The three friends fell silent. They knew what he was talking about.

?I?m sure it is.? Bant said. Then she changed the subject. ?But no one will pick you if you don?t clean up. You stink, Obi.?

?Thanks, Bant. I couldn't tell.?

?No, problem.? Obi-Wan could hear the smile in her voice. ?Any time.?

The group laughed as they continued down the halls. The trio subtly guided their friend to the gym showers, bushing against him when they turned or stopped. Obi-Wan was used to it, plus it helped him save his strength since he didn?t have to use the Force as much to find his way around.

Garen opened the door to the showers and Obi-Wan punched him in the shoulder playfully.

?I can get the door, you know.?

?Ouch. Fine,? Garen said back. ?I?ll let you hit your nose next time. Then you have to explain to the crèche master why you?d be talking all funny.? Obi-Wan shook his head in amusement as the door closed and shut out the laughter.

Obi-Wan quickly washed up wanting to get to the dinning hall with his friends. As he rinsed the soap out of his hair he hoped that someone would pick him as a Padawan. Though as his birthday neared, he was losing hope. Who would take a blind boy for a Padawan?

He had been lucky against Bruck. He did have advantage in that he was very good at finding his way around without sight. The fight before that, one without blindfolds, he had been hard pressed to beat him and only did so when Bruck got overconfident after Obi-Wan had tripped.

The boy sighed as he searched for his towel along the wall. He found it, wrapped it around his waist then slowly scuffled into the locker area. The fight, though nothing he wasn?t used to, had worn him out. He knew that he was fighting for a chance to be a Padawan and so had given it his all.

He sighed again as he got dressed. It was beginning to look more and more like he was going to be a farmer and not a Jedi Knight.
    He had just finished tying his sash when he heard the door slide open.

?Garen? Reeft?? He called. He reached out with the Force to find out who it was. It wasn?t his friends but the man, he could tell that much, had far heavier shielding then most making it almost impossible for him to tell.

?Sir?? He asked quietly to the person he could just tell was there. ?Is there something I can do??
    ________

Adios.

6. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Does Qui know now? Does he, does he?

:_| Please, please say that this will have a happy ending. Like mush and Qui and Obi as Master and Padawan. I will be happy with that!

Uh, if Obi is blind, who trains Anakin? But, oooohhh, does Obi have a chane to kick Maul's butt if he faces the Sith?

7. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    The ancient Jedi would tell him when he was ready. Usually when Qui-Gon was ready to pull his hair out.

LOL Great!!!!

That was awesome, both posts!!!!

8. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awesome, awesome posts! Obi in the shower... *Drool* Yummy!!!!!! Anyway...

More soon please! :D

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes,there have been other blind Obi stories,but this one certainly has a different take on his blindness,and any time you have Obi in a shower,I'm all for it.Waiting for another post and soon I hope.PEACE Ewen

10. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Kenobisgirl and Ewen, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. *stern look*

*shakes head* Obi in the shower...

Well, I think I just may go to bed very very soon. :D Yeah, and I'm getting sleeply... ;)

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    COOLIE! loved it, post more!

12. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Very nice :)

Go, Qui-Gon, pick him as your Padawan! Or do you need a certain little green troll to knock some sense into you with his gimer stick? :D

x Clare x

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    !poste más pronto! :D :)

post more soon!

Hablo español un poco!!!

I speak Spanish a little

LOL!!!

El poste es muy bueno y quiero más por favor!!

Very good post and I want more please!!

:D

14. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Por favor, no se olvide de poste, muy pronto!

Compartimos el mismo de vista que ustedes, Kenobisgirl et Ewen. Me gustaria veer, Obi en la ducha! :D

ps - I knew Spanish would be useful! :D

15. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Si si. Este post. Post aqui.

Umm, yeah. My spanish isn't that great.

Qui-Gon stood there staring at the boy who was staring at him. Well, no, he wasn?t really looking at him, more at his waist and little to the left. And as the Jedi Master looked at those pair of ice blue eyes he finally understood what Yoda had been talking about.

The boy was blind.

Qui-Gon felt like an idiot. (author?s note: And you should.)

The boy?s confused looked turned to one of bright hope. ?Are you a master??

?Yes, I am.?

Qui-Gon could almost see the Force brighten around the boy in expectation. ?Are you looking for a Padawan??

Qui-Gon hesitated. ?No. I? I merely wanted to compliment you on your win. But you mustn?t attack so much. You cannot rely on your enemy to take the defensive. ?

The boy?s face fell. Then seemed to gather him self and tired again. ?You could teach me better.?

Qui-Gon shook his head then stopped when he remembered the boy couldn?t see. ?No, I cannot. You were angry with the other boy.?

?B-but that?s not why I wanted to win.? The boy said quietly. He seemed to have found his face; his cloudy eyes now focused on him.

Qui-Gon stood there for a few minutes, studying him. ?In the future, you must control your anger. A Jedi Knight never drains himself when fighting a stronger foe. And never expect your enemy to miss an chance to do you harm.? With that he turned and fled.

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Meanie QUI,he should know by now if he is in a JA FF story,he is gonna have Obi as a Padawan.He shouldn't have to wait for Yaoda to help him figure it out.Nice post.PEACE Ewen

17. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    *Launches herself at Qui's throat* You IDIOT!!!! Sorry, I'm fine, really!

We need MORE!! :D

18. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    I is reminding me of JA 1. Is Obi going to be a farmer? Uh, how if he can't see??

Hum, next time I torture Obi, I am making sure Qui goes though lots and lots of angst. I could torture Qui, but I got no ideas. I have more then a dozen bunnies on Obi.

19. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Well, at lease they finally met each other...
    Qui-Gon is going to be in serious trouble if he doesn't do something to impress us soon...
    Good post! :)

20. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    With that he turned and fled.

Does this mean that Qui-Gon feels a bond between him and Obi-Wan, and he doesn't want it because he doesn't want to be hurt again, or am I just imagining things?

x Clare x

21. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    I agree with Clara, is Qui feeling something?

COOL post btw.

22. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Ok. So I come home for Thanksgiving, thinking that I can post from here. Only thing is the stupid computers Word isn't working. Which means I can't get to my stories and since I don't really rememeber what I've got so far, that means no post. Hopefully it will get fixed this weekend. Sorry.

~Swede :(

P.S. please don't kill me. It's not my fault.

23. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Perfectly understandable.

While I can't wait for the next post :)
    I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

24. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Jinn u !CABRON!
    (sees everyone staring at her) What?

25. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    STUPID QUI STUPID QUI

Sorry, my bad. (stops and looks around). Wait a minute, it is true. (continues chanting stupid qui stupid qui)

Knight_Obi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.