main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    *starts to choke qui*

I'm gonna to kill you!

Qui: Gaaa!

*ahem*

another post please?

2. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Qui your a mean $%*& &%@# *&%&#$#$ Jedi

Post soon please

This is great

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    It would seem to me that Qui-Gon is the blind one here!!!! That man is just soooo maddening :mad: :mad:

I hope the computer problems work themselves out soon so we get more!!!!!!

4. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I agree with Kelly, Qui is the one not seeing. How can he forget that cute little Ben!

5. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Q
    u
    i(diot) :D

sorry, that just came to me, and I just had to put it down somewhere.
    Normally, I'd kick Q's butt - maybe later - but I'm in an obscenely good mood because...
    1 - my internet drought has officially ended!
    :) *10 to the power 10
    (omg - did I just sprout MATHS?)[face_shocked]
    2 - I'm at home and ur in school so hah!8-}
    3 - I have the whole weekend ahead...
    4 - ...with minimal h/w.

So I'm in a pretty good mood - not the best mood to kill Qui in [face_devil]

Anyway about the title thing, it's ok as it is, but if u really want to change it 'Those who will not see' popped into my head while listening to the radio(another useful invention)
    Post soon!

6. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    lol, twilight I think most of us...at least those in the US...don't have school today ;)

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hmm... What to say...

WE NEED MORE RIGHT NOW!! :D ;)

8. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I'm back! I'm back!

Had a good Thanksgiving weekend, even though Word at home didn't work and so I couldn't post anything. :( Anyway, back up at college and ready to post. It'll be up in a minute.

~Swede :)

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Double post for not posting this weekend.
    ________
    Obi-Wan stood confused, face toward the now closing door. He was sure that he was going to be picked. Why else would a master come all the way to the locker room to talk to him? But no, all he had done was congratulate him and offer advice. Like any good Jedi would.

Obi-Wan slumped down on a bench. He whipped fiercely at the tears in his eyes. He was NOT going to cry.

He sat there for a few more minutes before he heard the door open again.

?Obi-Wan??

He rubbed his eyes again. He couldn?t let his friends see him like this.

?Obi-Wan?? Garen asked again. ?Are you all right? Did he talk to you??

?Who??

?Master Qui-Gon Jinn. Did he talk to you?? Obi-Wan heard Garen take a seat next to him.

?That was Master Jinn?? Force, he had talked to one of the best Knights in the whole Temple.

?Yes. He didn?t tell you who he was??

Obi-Wan hung his head. ?No.?

Obi-Wan felt sudden anger from his friend. ?He came to talk to you and didn?t even say who he was?? Garen paused to calm down. ?What did you want??

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?He told me that I had done a good job and offered some advice.?

?That?s all??

?Yeah.?

The two sat there for a few minutes before Obi-Wan spoke again.

?Come on, Garen. You know Master Jinn said he would never take another Padawan. I just didn?t know it was him. Now let?s go before Reeft faints from hunger.?

Though Obi-Wan didn?t see it, Garen smiled sadly. His friend would never think ill of anyone. He nodded as he spoke. He knew Obi-Wan would sense the movement.

?Yeah. I?m sure he?s already bugging Bant up the wall to get to the mess hall. Plus we need to get there early so there?s some food left for the rest of us.?

Obi-Wan laughed lightly as the two exited the room.

*&*&*&*&*&*

Obi-Wan flopped down on his bed.

Force he was tired. Plus angry, confused and frustrated.

He had just finished eating with his friends during which he had had another encounter with Bruck. What he did to the other boy to make him think he was a target, Obi-Wan had no idea. He had been sitting with Bant, Garen and Reeft, who was eating and asking his friends asking for more food, when a half eaten fruit came sailing over and landed with a splat on the table.

Obi-Wan had heard Bruck?s taunting voice saying that he should take the fruit and plant it, since he was never going to become a Jedi. Obi-Wan?s temper had flared and he surged from his seat. Then Reeft?s voice broke through asking if could have the fruit. The innocent question had broken the tension and Obi-Wan had laughed it off.

But the insults had hit their mark. He was never going to become a Jedi. He was clumsy, stupid, and worse of all blind. The encounter with Master Jinn that had happened today just enforced it.

He went over the meeting with the Master in his head. The Master had been polite and calm, and from what little Obi-Wan could pick up in his signature, immense amounts of power and control. But under the cool voice, Obi-Wan thought he picked up? nervousness? Shame? Of him?

He turned and buried his head in his pillow. The older man had been ashamed of him. Was that how the other masters thought of him? Was that how they saw him? Him, a blind, clumsy fool of a boy who thought that he could possibly be a Jedi Padawan. No wonder no one wanted him for a Padawan. He wasn?t worth their time or energy.

His breath hitched as he tried to gain some control of his emotions. But it was little use and he sobbed as tears flooded down his already damp cheeks. He squeezed his eyes shut, forcing out more tears. In his mind he saw his dream of being a Jedi shatter.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi initiate, son of Karl and Sandra Lars, silently cried himself to sleep.

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    After suffering from Turkey overdose for the last three days,it was so nice to read another post.The only thing is, this post was so very good, I want another one as quickly as possible.PEACE Ewen

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, how sad for Obi-Wan! :_|

*jacinta sees Qui-Gon trying to slink away* AND YOU!!!!! *Qui-Gon looks up and starts running. Jacinta heads after him, yelling Star Wars obscenities.*

12. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    He cried himslef to sleep? :_|

Ok. Anyone know where Qui went? :mad:

13. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Qui-Gon looks at Renton nervously* Um...oh sith not again! *Qui-Gon takes off running but Renton is on him in a minute kicking him and stomping on him.* Ow!

Renton: You are a jerk and deserve to DIE! *kicks Qui-Gon again but notices people looking at her*

Um, hi! I was just helping Qui-Gon stretch! :)

Qui-Gon: No you weren't!

*Renton kicks him again and :D*

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Awwww! Obi! Come here little sweetie! *Hugs Obi very tight, then strolls over to Qui, gives him a good kick, then pulls his hair for good measure* Hehe... :D

More soon please! :)

15. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    No, Qui isn't ashamed of Obi. He is ashamed of himself. Uh, girls, if anyone read JA 16 yet, you wouldn't want to kill Qui. Ah, well if you have or haven't that is fine, but where's Yoda's stick?

:_| Poor Obi. Anyone just see TPM on TV? Qui's dying is so sad! But for now where is the Master of poodoo?

16. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    just finished watching it....have to admit the lightsaber fight is my favorite scene(s)

Great posts

**looks around** here Qui you little...**mutters under breath** Come here Obi **gives Obi hug** :D

17. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Yep watched the movie too. My roommate was starting to get annoyed with me I think because I've watched it too much. The fight sense is my favorite. Obi and Maul spinning around and all. :D

~Swede :p

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    EXTRA! EXTRA!

?I wish to be alone, Master.?

?Alone you all ready are. Simply wish to sit with you I do.?

Qui-Gon gave the small master a puzzled look but let it be. ?You didn?t tell me the boy was blind.?

Yoda glance up at him. ?Listen would you? Determined to find fault you were.?

Qui-Gon bristled. He was in no mood to have this conversation. Actually he was never in a mood to have this conversation. ?And what would be the harm of simply telling me? It would have saved the boy an uncomfortable situation.?

?Uncomfortable for the boy only, hmmm??

Qui-Gon squared his jaw as he turned away and continued to stare at the field of stars he had been gazing at before the rude interruption.

?Was there something you wished to tell me??
    Yoda was quiet for some minutes and Qui-Gon could feel the Council member?s eyes on him. But he steadily held his ground and felt a small spark of triumph when the other finally spoke up.

?Mission there is. Go to Bamodeer(sp?) you will. Negotiate between miners and company you must.?

Qui-Gon sighed in relief. Finally. A mission. Now he could leave and get on with something worth while.

?Yes Master.?

?Leave in two days you will.?

?Yes Master.? He paused. ?Thank you.? He breathed.

All he got back was a ?humph? and a lit thud as the small Jedi got off the bench and left.

19. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Hehe... I watched it too! The end lightsaber fight is my favorite part also. Obi just looks so cool, all fast and fierce...

Anyway, more soon please! :D

...I could always just keep on rewinding the DVD... :p

20. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oooh, ooh, title idea!

"Eyes can decieve"

What think ye? you know, it's like a cruel irony almost, cause Ben said that.

21. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    It's Bandomeer :D ... I think...

Qui-Gon is stubborn...but *sniff and wails* I'm sorry QUI!!!!!!!!! *hugs him* (I JUST FINISHED READING JA16)

22. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    (strolls on in, and sees Renton_K hugging Jinn, raises eyebrow) Okaaay - um, didn't u want to kill him...twice? :confused:
    (Sees posts) Yea! Updates. :)
    (reads rest of messages) WHAT?! Not only did u have a day off from school BUT u also had TPM ON TV! :_| That is -so- unfair! (friend whispers something) It's beside the POINT that I have the video! - it's the PRINCIPLE that counts!
    (mutters) Stupid English Edu. Board! - too few hols.
    U know, another post would cheer me up... (snags Obi, who does puppy eyes much better - even when blind!)
    So what, if I'm greedy? it's a virtue. :D

23. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Jacinta, that is a good title. I like it. :D I have my own Obi blind bunny in my head... Just haven't written it.

As for TPM, I have the video, but I am not sure what is my favorite part. Anything with Qui and Obi would do. And for JA 16, it was so so sad. I got alittle poed to, but, I will be quiet on that.

Swede, The scene where Obi gets his face powed in from a Hutt will be interesting. Just wondering, if you are going by JA 1 how is Obi going to do some of the things he really did with his eyesight?

24. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Great post

well, we uh....we didn't ask for TPM too....wait a min you have the movie and your complaining :eek:

joking :D

so anyway......another post would be nice ;) ;)

25. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    Qui-Gon, get your worthless carcass back there and take that boy as your padawan!

RIGHT NOW!

As for JA 16, I don't have it yet, so could you tell me ONE thing......?

IS THERE MUSH!? *Sobs* I NEED to know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.