main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oh Swede that was lovely!! Aww lil Obi and Bant!!! :)

I LOVED how you described their auras. The colours were perfect for each of the personalities :)

One of the best posts so far! :D

2. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Whoa! and I thought I was obsessed (joins Clare in hiding)
    Jacinta_Kenobi calm down. 'While there's life; there's hope' is my motto ;)
    Swedi - what can I say but awwww...u even put in a lisp! (melts into happy pile of goo) I'll solidify in time for the next post :D

3. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    I like Ewan alot but I am not that obsessed! *looks around at the angry faces* then *starts running and starts pounding on Clare's door.*"Clare, OPEN the door!" *looks at everyone that is angry after me* "HELP!"

4. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    *Grabs biscuit and eats it* I'm not obsessed! I just really really REALLY really times 100 trillion like him!

Honest!
    :eek:

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo... I'm SO obssessed with gorgeous Ewan... *Drools* Heh...

More soon please! :D

6. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    thinks Ewan is ok, but could look better **looks around at his dying fans** er....**waves hand** you will forget this conversation.

GREAT POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!

7. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    *grabs biscuit and puts it into a pocket near her heart.*

Now where is Clare. I have to give that girl a hard talk.

Oh Clare. *Sees Clare behind a door.* Found you now come out here and apologise to all the Ewan fans.

8. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    lol You guys are great. I like Ewan too, but not quite as much as some of you. :D But now that you have all scared everyone else away with being obsessed with Ewan, maybe I can draw them back with a post.

Here, you go. <tosses out newest post> Catch!
    Qui-Gon stood silently by the wall in the medical bay. The med droid and lone healer were doing all they could to help their small patient but their resources were limited and the boy was getting worst. He was already in a breathing mask and had a good dose of antibiotics. They had called him here to see if he could do anything to help.

?His fever is rising. He?s not responding to the treatment.? The healer said.

?I?ll see what I can do.? The Jedi Master replied quietly.

He moved to the boy?s bed and placed one hand on his chest and the other on the warm forehead. The Jedi Master opened himself to the Force and channeled it to the boy, letting it heal the bruised ribs and fever. He stayed like that for some time before he felt the boy response under his hands. The boy shifted some and Qui-Gon lifted his hand from his chest, but kept the other on the boy?s head.

Finally the boy seemed to wake and Qui-Gon removed his hand and took a step back. He knew the boy was awake, but he had yet to open his eyes. Not that Qui-Gon blamed him; he remembered this boy, the one that was blind.

The boy shifted some more and when he opened his eyes he was looking straight at Qui-Gon. The Jedi Master was uncomfortable under the cloudy blue stare.

Confusion was clear on the boy?s face as he continued to ?watch? him.

?Wha? H-how?? He whispered.

?Don?t try to speak,? Qui-Gon replied. ?You?ve had a bad fever, but I?ve taken care of it. Your wounds turned out to be worse than what the medics could handle.?

The boy blinked, then nodded. ?Is it really you??

Qui-Gon smiled. He was surprised to see a small one cross the boy?s face too.

?Yes, it?s really me.?

?Did you come to look for me??

Qui-Gon sighed. ?No. I?m on my way to Bandomeer as well. I?m on a mission for the Galactic Senate. Our missions have nothing to do with each other.?

?But, still, we are together.? The boy continued. ?You could show me??

?No.? He said sharply. He took a deep breath before he continued. ?No, Obi-Wan, that is not why I?m here. Our destinies lie along different paths. Now is the time for you to get to know the people that you will serve. You must forget about me. You must serve the Jedi in ways other than as a Knight. There is honor in that, too.? He hadn?t meant it cruelly but he saw the boy flinch.

The boy had to know though that Qui-Gon couldn?t deal with training him, no matter for how short a time it would be. He had a mission to do and had to concentrate on that. Besides, the boy wasn?t even a Jedi now, it would be pointless to teach him anything.

?I see.? Obi-Wan said softly. There was only a flicker of disappointment in his face and voice. So why did Qui-Gon feel so guilty?

9. TwilightKat

Nov 12, 2001
    (jumps up) Hah! I've caught Post-achu!
    (dead silence)
    sorry - got carried away (mutters) it's all my cousins' fault...

Jinn - Perhaps u feel guilty b/c u r being an ass...well he is! I mean, he brings the boy's hopes up, and then dashes them. :mad: Can I hit him Swedi? PLEASE...

10. TwilightKat

Nov 12, 2001
    [face_blush] Sorry - it's me again. I just couldn't let it go at that...
    Does he practice in front of a mirror - or is he just naturally obtuse? I mean that speech about 'different paths...honour in that...' yadda, yadda, yadda...is just so Qui-Gon. Why can't he just say what he thinks...unless he's so 'diplomatic' and stoic that he looks like he's about to die from BORING HIMSELF...
    and why does he always think in the terms of 'the boy' or worse 'the blind boy' He has a name; it's OBI-WAN - USE IT!
    (gets down off soapbox)
    I saw some mistakes that u've missed (sorry! - it's all my English teacher's fault!):

...is cruelly should be ...it cruelly

...under the cloud blue stare. should be cloudy blue stare. (I think)

"You?ve have a bad fever, should be either You've had... or You have...

like I said - blame Darth ET (pun wasn't intentional)[grin] for her iron book of grammar and spelling...(shudders) the horrors that are courseworks and the stories I could tell u...

11. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    post-achu......like pikachoo......laughs :))

great post!!

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    TK: First, what Obi and Qui were saying I got from the JA book with only minor changes. So that's Wolverton writing, not me. About 'the boy' part, I'm doing that for the effect. It will change though. Thanks for the edits. I love to write but it's a hobbie. I'll go back and change those. And about the hitting. I guess you beat him a little. [face_devil]

~Swede :p

13. TwilightKat

Nov 12, 2001
    [face_blush] gee, thanks Sci for announcing THAT to the entire universe ;)

it wasn't a critism Swede - I was just getting riled up at Quigs. In the immortal words of Ewen: PEACE(tm)

ps - no-one kill me (yet), I've got English c/w due in, and she said that she'll follow us to the grave to get it...and I don't like the idea of my afterlife involving DETENTION 8-}

14. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Good post. I just what to be nosy for a sec, how many *books* on this story are you going to use? Like up to M/D or the death of Xaatos? It would be nice if Obi never left the Jedi in this story of yours. And also, is this going to have some type of happy ending?

15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo! You posted! Great post!!!! :)

More soon please! :D

16. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Who needs a happy ending? Sometimes the fairy tale just has to end.

Wooha, now that I've alienated myself from the entire board again! Great post!

Dear Qui -

JERK!!!

Signed,

You're used to be friend, but now I'm thinking about torturing you in my fics.

Qui: PLEASE NO!! NO MORE! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

17. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    A good JA fic is - Obi-torture, Qui-angust, and most important of all, MUSH!!!

I am sure this story is a good JA fic, so, when is the mush?

18. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Poor Qui, people are still beating up on you... even here. ;) Never mind, I still love you. (thinking of changing my name to QuiGal ) ;)

I like how you're following the book, but from a slightly different perspective. I know it seems as if Qui is being mean, but he's been hurt badly and is afraid of taking that chance again. I'm sure Yoda's pushing the matter is not helping. No one likes to think they're being pushed into something. :)

19. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Sorry to anyone I offended with my last post, I was just joking. *_*;

Swede, Qui-Gon will take Obi-Wan as his Padawan, right?

*Pause*

Of course he will, if Obi's not his Padawan, there'll not be any story. Of course he will.

Right?

x Clare x

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Poor Obi. Rejected again :(

Post more Swede! I like angst! :D

But mush is better! LET THERE BE MUSH!!! :D

21. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    No, it's alright TK. Critism is alright, helps me make this better.

Jenn: I'm not sure yet where I'm going to stop with the books and put my own in. And an ending? Ummmm...... how do you end something like this?

Abbi_Cee: Exactly.

JediClare: Hmmm, maybe I should have Qui-Gon not take Obi-Wan as his Padawan. That would be one way to end it. [face_devil]

Short post.

Obi-Wan sighed loudly as he fell back on his bed. After the talk with Master Jinn, they had been interrupted by a Arconan miner who had been curious to meet the ?boy who faced a Hutt in a great battle and survived?. Obi-Wan had done his best to tell him otherwise, but Si Treemba wouldn?t listen. Obi-Wan was pretty sure he heard Master Jinn chuckle. He knew he had definitely smiled.

Obi-Wan wondered at that. He could pick up emotions in the Force, but facial expressions were another matter. He could ?hear? a smile in people?s voices sometimes, but the Jedi Master hadn?t even talked yet he still knew.

Then Clat?Ha had joined them too and a makeshift ?committee? had been formed. Si Treemba told him and Master Jinn about some sabotage found on the AMHC side of the ship. Both he and Clat?Ha suspected the Offworld workers. Master Jinn had advised them to wait until there was more evidence. While talking Jemba the Hutt thought they were talking about him and choose to defend himself. Qui-Gon had been able to talk him down with only minimal damage to the doorway. Obi-Wan had suggested they try to find who did the sabotaged themselves but Master Jinn said no; that it wasn?t his ?affair?. But Obi-Wan disagreed and after the Jedi Master had left, he and Si Treemba had carefully searched the ship to see if they could find anything.

It had been an interesting trip. When Si Treemba had found out he was blind, it was even harder to get the Arconan to stop praising him. After a few mishaps, the two finally worked out a system. Si Treemba, with Obi-Wan?s hand in his, acted as the eyes for the duo as Obi-Wan told him what to look for. Obi-Wan also used the Force to tell when it was safe to travel when they were on the Offworld side.

Late in the day they had stopped to eat in one of the mess halls. There Obi-Wan found out about some of his new friend?s eating habits and Si Treemba heard some of the tails of living in the Temple. Obi-Wan talked a little about life being blind, but Si Treemba didn?t press and Obi-Wan didn?t give. Not that he was ashamed of his sightlessness. Well, not really. He just didn?t want people?s pity and sympathy. Besides, he had the Force and there were so many things he could see with that that others could never think of.

Now the two were taking a quick rest in Obi-Wan?s cabin, after Si Treemba had helped him find it.

?So what do we do now?? Si Treemba asked. He was sitting in the only chair in the room near the door.

Obi-Wan rubbed his face. He was still sore and tired from healing, but he was a Jedi. Or was, but he would still act like one.

?We need to get over to the Offworld side. We need to find a way to sneak over.?

?As we said before, Obi-Wan, we will follow you.?

Obi-Wan grinned suddenly, still lying on his back, feeling sneaking. ?You might be sorry you said that.?

22. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Hehe! Obi, you little mischievious cutie!!! :D

More soon please! :)

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
  24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Obi-Wan and Si Treemba worked out a buddy system... :)

x Clare x

25. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Love your take on this story. Interesting to see how a blind Obi handles these situations.

Look forward to more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.