Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
  2. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks again everyone.

Of course I tease. It's more fun that way. [face_devil]

Next post will be up in a minute.

~Swede :p
  3. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, yeah. I know it's short.

?You have to help me, Si Treemba.?

?Of course, my friend. We will do all we can to stop the pirates.?

?Good.? He turned to face the bridge. ?Help me find the pilot console.?

?But Master Jinn said we have to find a pilot.?

?I?m going to pilot us out of here.? There was a moment of silence as Si Treemba?s shock came through the Force.

?My friend, we mean no disrespect but, how? You can not see the console or where we would be going.?

?All Jedi are taught the basic?s of flight. Even if they might never fly. I can work the equipment and the Force will show me where to go. I just need you to help me find the other ships.?

More silence.

?Please, Si Treemba. We don?t have time to find a pilot.?

A pause then, ?Alright. We will help you.?

?Thank you. Now, were is navigation??

Obi-Wan heard Si Treemba snort in amusement. ?You are truly crazy, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You wish to pilot us to safety and yet you can even see the floor you stand on.?

Obi-Wan grinned. ?I?m not crazy. I am a Jedi. Now lets get going.?
  4. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Go Obi!!!!!!!! :)

More soon please! :D
  5. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    "I'm not crazy, I'm a Jedi."

:) Aren't those words synonymous?
  6. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  7. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  8. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so I'm kinda tired and I'm not sure how this is going.
    With Si Treemba?s help, Obi-Wan seated himself at the navigation station and ran his hands lightly over the controls. He got a mental picture of where everything was and nodded to himself. Good, this seems like the other controls I?ve practiced on.

?Si Treemba, how many ships are out there??

?There is one large ship and about 3 or 4 smaller ones. But I think some have boarded.?

?Alright.? Obi-Wan said then closed his eyes, only for concentration, and reached out to the Force. He stretched out to the surrounding room, hallways, out to the edge of the ship. He hit his limit and still he pushed out. Sweat started to form on his face as he continued to reach out until he was barely touching the transports that were flying around out in space.

The young Jedi then moved his hands over the controls, stirring the ship away from the pirates.

?Obi-Wan,? Si Treemba called through his concentration. ?The torpedo?s are armed, but the targeting computer is down. What should we do??

Obi-Wan bit his lip as he searched for Targeting. Finding it, he aimed them as best as he could with the Force as a guide. He hoped the pirates wouldn?t fight back, not with their own man on board. Otherwise they were dead.

He hit the button. ?We tell them we?re not dead yet.?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Qui-Gon continued to block blaster fire as he and Clat?Ha fought back and raced down the hall. He had already asked if the Arconans would help fight and Clat?Ha had answered him by telling him that they didn?t fight. And he wasn?t going to ask Offworld. They were already fighting another front and besides, he doubted they would come if they could.

So it was just him and Clat?Ha.

A Togorian pirate captain suddenly lunged down the hall. He was huge. Twice as tall as a man, he wore black armor that was scarred and pitted from numerous battles. A Human skull dangled from a chain around his neck. He heaved a large vibro-ax in one hand and an energy shield in the other.

?Meet your death, Jedi!? The pirate roared. ?I have hunted your kind before, and I will gnaw your bones tonight!?

Clat?Ha rushed forward and fired. The Togorian simply raised his energy shield and deflected it away. Qui-Gon leapt forward; lightsaber raised, and blocked the ax from coming close to the women.

?No doubt you have killed before,? The Jedi said softly. ?But you will not be gnawing any bones tonight.?
  9. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Good post!

Go Obi and Qui!

More!
  10. Maija Darklighter Jedi Knight

star 2
    loL!

"No dout you have killed before, but you will not be gnawing on my bones tonight."

This has got to be one of my fave quote from JA #1. :D

keep up!
  11. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    "I'm not crazy. I am a Jedi. Now lets get going." :D

Great post!
  12. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The torpedo?s jolted the ship as they lunched. They traveled through the black void and hit one of the ships. A second explosion quickly followed as the ship?s arsenal was hit with the flames from the first. Si Treemba gave a small cry but Obi-Wan ignored it.

He felt it happen, felt the lives snuffed out as they were caught up in the blast, a sick feeling in his stomach. And even though they were pirates and meant him harm, he grieved a little at the lives lost.

But he had no time to drawl on it. He had a job to do.

He grabbed the controls and pulled back hard and punched the thrusters. He heard the harsh sound of metal on metal. Had he just ruined the engines?

?Si Treemba. What do the display terminals say??

He felt his friend move behind him.

?They say that two Togorian cruisers were latched to the docking bays. They have now been ripped off.?

Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if that was good news or not. Yes the pirates had no transports now but the hauls were breached now and the air was being sucked into space.

He gritted his teeth. Qui-Gon had gone to the docking bays. He desperately hoped only the pirates would be swept into space.

He jerked the controls at a sudden Force warning as the Togorian warship opened fire.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

The floor lurched as Qui-Gon met the Togorian captain. He lost his footing as he barely blocked the vibro-ax. The pirate fell too, but recovered in time to slash at Qui-Gon?s unguarded shoulder. The Jedi Master gasped at the pain, driving him to the floor.

His shoulder burned as if on fire. He tired to raise it, but it fell back, limp and useless.

Behind the pirate, Qui-Gon heard the sound of peeling metal. He glanced up in time to see the ships docking bay door being ripped from the walls. Wind ripped down the hall as the air was sucked into space. Qui-Gon watched as drops of his own blood flew away like rain in a storm.

Debris hurtled down the hall, blasters, helmets, and other loose objects, all screaming away in the wind. The pirate captain fought against it all, his shield raised, deflecting the flying objects.

Qui-Gon let the wind slide him along the floor, closer to the huge pirate.

If he died, he would take the monster with him.
  13. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi Swede! I know I have posted in awhile, but... These are some great posts!

I can't help think want will happen with Obi later if he is to fight Xanatos. I know he has to fight the driogans *sp?* soon.
  14. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    WOW!!!! Great!!!!

is there any jedi that isn't crazy?
  15. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks guys.
    For a moment, Obi-Wan felt fire crawl up arm. He bit back the pain, fought for his concentration to not slip. Wondering where it came from, but just as quickly pushed it away. He sent a burst of strength to the source then turned back to the ship?s controls.

The Monument shook again as the heavy blaster shots from the pirate ship struck the side.

Obi-Wan was sure they had meant to hit the bridge but the sudden thrust had off set their aim. He didn?t think about whom might have been hurt but instead hit the reverse thrusters. The next salvo missed completely, soaring harmlessly into space.

Obi-Wan punched up the next the next torpedoes to load, and pausing to listen to the Force, fired.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Qui-Gon felt a burst of the Force flow to him and he gratefully used it to hold back the pain. He called his lightsaber to his left hand and slashed at the pirate?s feet. The Togorian grabbed a handhold and easily jumped over the glowing blade. He landed on the Jedi?s left arm, pinning it down. He tried to move his lightsaber but the huge pirate had it pinned firmly to the ground. With his right arm wounded and left under the large cat, he was defenseless.

The captain roared in triumph and sneered down at him. He raised his vibro-ax to crush the downed Jedi.

Suddenly the Togorian?s head vanished. The body lifted in the wind and hurled down the hall and out the gaping whole in the ship.
    Qui-Gon looked up the hall and saw Clat?Ha crouched on the floor, clinging to the wall with one hand, a blaster in the other. In the heat of battle, the two fighters had forgotten about the woman.

He gave her a quick nod in thanks then focused his attention on the hole that was stealing away precious air.

The bulkhead door that should have closed automatically in a breech, was obviously damaged. Weakly, with the last of his strength and before the low air caused him to black out, he reached out with the Force and tried to move the door. Again he felt a surge of the Force help his efforts and the door slide shut with a grind.

As the air was replaced, the only sound was Clat?Ha?s rugged breathing and Qui-Gon?s racing heart.
  16. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  17. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll delurk to make you feel better, Swede! ;) Nice post, I wonder how long it will take Qui to notice that it must have been Obi helping him with the Force.... (or at least I'm assuming so - I'll sound really stupid if it isn't! ;) )
  18. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Love it. I love it I love it I love it.

I'm done.

:)
  19. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Master_Gimpy. And no you're not stupid. :D

The Fallen: Gee, go you like it? [face_mischief] :D

And as always, FB welcomed.

Obi-Wan swayed in his seat as he sent another burst of the Force to the source of pain he sensed. He took a calming breath, pushed away the dizziness and set himself back in the network of the Force he had created between the ships and himself.

Si Treemba had set himself up at the communications console, launching distress beacons. No Republic ships might come or a whole fleet could arrive. It was always unclear on who was traveling where.

Obi-Wan felt the Togorian warships suddenly pulled away. With their gun ship and heavy cruiser destroyed and their boarding transports torn apart when they were ripped from Monuments hull, the ships pulled away and jumped into hyperspace.

Obi-Wan let him self breath a sigh in relief. He wondered what they would do if they found out they had been out flown by a blind twelve-year-old.

Fighting back the dizziness and exhaustion creeping into his mind, he piloted the wounded ship through the glimmering stars.

?Si Treemba.? He called, ignoring the waver in his voice. ?Call up the maps of the surrounding area. We need to land. The ship is falling apart.?

Si Treemba punched up the star map but it sparked and fizzed out.

?We can?t. The nav computer is not working.?
    Obi-Wan swore under his breath, then held on to the console as another wave of dizziness hit him.

?Where are the crew?? Si Treemba asked. ?Why aren?t they coming to help us??

Obi-Wan reached out. ?They are helping out with the wounded or are wounded themselves. We have to do this alone.?

He listened to the Force, watching with his mind the swirls and eddies of power that life created. There. A point just slightly stronger then the rest. When you use the Force to see all your life you learn to tell the difference between a wall, rock, open space and a growing plant.

He steered toward the source, lending more strength to that source of pain and fighting back the sudden headache at the same time.

?Where are you going??

?I?ve found a planet.?

?How do you it is breathable??

?We don?t really have a choice.?

Obi-Wan flew the ship until the planet was a large blue marble in the view screen. He maneuvered it down and the ship buckled and lurched as they hit the atmosphere. He fought his the controls to create a steady course and slow the descent. As he neared, he searched for a place to land but all he sensed was the churning and movement that meant waves and water.

His hands trembling at the controls, Obi-Wan desperately searched for dry land to land the ship on.

?We don?t see anywhere to land.?

Obi-Wan just grunted. He couldn?t break his concentration away for more than a second.

The ship buckled under him again, metal screeching in protest of the battle it had been put through and now the hunt for a place to land and repair.

Then Obi-Wan felt a hard surface among all the waves and he gratefully steered toward it. The ship groaned again as he landed. His head felt like it was going to explode now, and the dizziness was causing the darkness he lived in, to spin. How people who could see live with this, he would never know.

Si Treemba was saying something but it was just a gibberish in Obi-Wan?s scattered mind.

He swayed again and fell from his seat. The darkness swallowing him before he hit the ground.

[face_devil] [face_mischief] :D [face_laugh] :p
  20. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    What? Obi fainted? Poor boy! Qui get your head on and find Obi and don't chew him out. :mad:
  21. TwilightKat Jedi Knight

star 2
    (jaw drops) Obi fainted?
    I don't know if I should scream or laugh...
    I'll just settle for kicking Qui instead!
  22. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    GASP!!

Yep, that's it.
  23. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: wow!!! I like very nice!
  24. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi?

More soon please!!!! :D
  25. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Now we are getting somewhere,that H/C angle. QGJ,must see Obis worth after this.Must have another post,very long please.[SMILE,GIGGLE,GIGGLE]PEACE Ewen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.