main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ *eyes dart left and right* Star Trek Topic...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Roach, Sep 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordMara

SithLordMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    GAH!!!! COMMUNISTS!!!

2. RogueJedi

RogueJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    Ooh I could get beaten up the Trekies here, but ah.. yeah I dispise Star Trek!, yikes!

Word of warning, Never go to a trekie forum and Spread the truth about Star Wars maimin Star Trek, thell have your head...

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    TV Guide Star Wars vs Star Trek Poll

Wait until voting on this poll is over (vote for Star Wars first of course) and THEN post the link to the results to all your Star Trek "friends". :)

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    For those interested, this coming Saturday night is the final ever episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (except for Sunday afternoon repeats).

:(

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    What's Star Trek?

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Don't ya guys just hate it when people confuse Star Wars and Star Trek? My brothers do it just to annoy me.

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    //sings a happy tune

"It's the end of star trek, no more deep space nine.
    now we can rest in peace, and again the sun will shine."

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's still another couple of series to Star Trek: Voyager to go yet.

Plus of course the new Entrprise series that's only just started in America.

AND the tenth Star Trek movie that they're almost ready to start making.

:)

I'd greatly prefer a Star Wars TV series, but Star Trek's as close as we get - at least until the new Battlestar Galactica series gets made.

9. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    now youre talking! whatever happened to out BSG thread?

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    >> Don't ya guys just hate it when people confuse Star Wars and Star Trek?

Loved it on The Simpsons (Monorail Episode, I believe) where Leonard Nimoy is opening the new Springfield train, and as Mayor Quimby introduces Nimoy, he finishes by saying "May the, ahh, Force be with you!" :D

Can you believe what they've name the ongoing enemy race in the new (prequel)series "Enterprise"?

The Suliban.

I kid you not.

11. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Hmmmm. Things have come a long way from the original Star Trek, when they were brave enough to have a Russian crew member. Chekov, I think.

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    > For those interested, this coming Saturday
    > night is the final ever episode of Star
    > Trek: Deep Space Nine (except for Sunday
    > afternoon repeats).

Opps!!

Looks like the "final episode" is a two-parter because it's on next Saturday night too (3 November).

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, it's the final, final episode of Deep Space Nine tonight.

Next week sees a new series of Voyager start.

14. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I guess I better watch it then. Can someone update me on what's happening? I saw about ten minutes of an episode a couple of weeks back . . something about Odo having some disease, which the federation used to wipe out the founders, and Quark being made Grand Nagus. Oh yeah, and Ezri (sp?) and Dr Julian seemed to be getting together - true/false?

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    OK, I don't know how far back you've missed, but let's see if I can remember all that's happened so far ...

• Cpt Sisko married his freighter pilot girlfriend, against the advice of the Prophets.

• The Defiant was destroyed, but everyone escaped (of course) back to DS9.

• The Founders/Changlings disease was given to Odo by Section 31 so that he would infect the other Changlings.

• Odo came back to DS9 in the last stages of the disease.

• Col. Kira went back to the Cadassian underground at Odo's request.

• Dr Bashir and Chief O'Brien captured the Section 31 guy and sort of transported themseleves into his dying brain (he bit his suicide pill) to find the cure for Odo's disease.

• Odo was cured, but was unhappy that the Federation (Section 31) was resonsible for diease which was supposed to make his species extinct.

• Cpt. Sisko got a new ship (of the same model) which he was allowed to rename "Defiant".

• The Cardassian Underground was all destroyed by a Dominion trap, but (of course) Col. Kira and the two Cardassians escaped and set-up a resistance movement on Cardassia itself.

• Cpt Sisko was too busy to get his injection, so now they're expecting a baby.

• Ezri Dax and Julian Bashir did, finally, become a couple.

• Quark's brother, Rom, became the new Grand Nagus (the old one was confused who he was talking too by the bad "telephone" connection).

• Quark gave up on the whole Ferengi empire because it was becoming lax thanks to the women wearing clothes, taxes being introduced, etc. - although he thought Rom would make a good Nagus for the new Ferengi empire, it wasn't his kind of Ferengi empire.

• Chief O'Brien decided to take up the offer of a teaching post at the Academy back on Earth, after the war was over.

• The Federation and allies attacked the Dominion.

• Col. Kira and the two Cardassians were captured and were ordered to be shot on the spot by the Jem Hadar and Cardassian soldiers.

• The Cardassian ships switched sides mid-space battle, forcing the Dominion fleets to retreat to Cardassia.

• At the same time, the capturing squad's Cardassians on the ground switched sides, rescuing Col. Kira and co. just in time.

• The Eminence and Dukat went to the Fire Caves to set free the Par Wraiths (evil Prophets).

• The Federation decided to keep pushing the attack to finally get rid of the Dominion.

• Col. Kira and the Cardassians begin an attack the main HQ of the Dominion - Gul Whats-his-name was killed.

Then, To be continued ....

WHEW!!!
    I think that's all. :D

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Wow, thanks Buzz, that really clarifies a few things!

But guess what . . . I missed tonights episode! It completely slipped my mind.

I heard some rumor that Sisko becomes one of the wormhole aliens/ prophets at the end?

17. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey thanks for that summary of the last season of DS9. I missed a few episodes, and now I know a few more things it makes more sense :)

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    > I missed tonights episode!

Doh!!! :(

OK, in last night's final ever episode ...

** STOP READING HERE IF YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR **
    ** THE EVENTUAL REPEAT ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON **

< Spoiler space >

< I can't find a way to change the text colour >
    < to be the same as the background. >

OK, in last night's final ever episode of DS9 ...

• The Federation and allies won the war (easily within the first half hour of the episode).

• Odo linked with the female Changeling in charge on Cardassia, curing her of the disease and persuading her to tell her remaining soldiers to stand-down and for her to surrender for trial.

• In return, Odo agreed to return to the Changeling homeworld to cure them all and to teach them about solids - this meant he had to return "forever" (but see below).

• The peace treaty was signed.

• Everyone returned to Deep Space Nine for celebration / goodbye party at Vic's holo-lounge (including obligatory song from Vic).

• Worf was offered (and grudginly took) the position of Federation Ambassador on Kronos (Klingon homeworld).

• Kai Winn (Eminence) poisoned Dukat in the Fire Caves as a sacrifice to the Pa Wraiths, but they resurected him instead of using her.

• Cpt Sisko felt something, "a disturbance in the Force" :) , and left the party to go to the caves and stop them, but the Pa Wraith enhanced Dukat subdued Cpt Sisko with Force-like gestures.

• Kai Winn tried to destory the Book (that told them the secrets of the Pa Wraiths), but Dukat killed her.

• Cpt Sisko managed to break free and push Dukat, the Book and himself over the edge and into the fire pits - destorying the Book and imprisoning Dukat with the Pa Wraiths "forever" (but see below).

• Cpt Sisko was rescued by the Prophets, but was told he his job was over and he was staying with them from now on (but see below).

• Semi-long periods of flashbacks while Worf, O'Brien and Odo packed up and left - YAWN!

• Col. Kira took Odo back to the Great Link.

• [liCol. Kira was in charge of the station and Quark was taking bets on who would be the next Kai (until told off by Kira). Morn was there too, so everybody got a part in the grand final episode.

• Nog was promoted to Leutenant.

• Cpt Sisko, thought to be lost and was being searched for, returned to his wife in a Prophet vision telling her he had to stay to learn many things that only the Prophets could teach him, and that he might return "in a year, or maybe yesterday".

• Final scene of Jake and Col. Kira looking out of a DS9 window at the wormhole, as the camera swings around and pulls backwards through the window and on until DS9 disappears, accompanied by a slow version of the theme tune.

19. THE END

Again, I think that's about all. :D

That second to last point about Cpt Sisko returning is perhaps an obvious set-up for the possibility of future DS9 movies - and with the Next Generation actors demanding more and more money, and getting old and tired of their roles, the next movie (after the one now in production) may well be DS9 based.

21. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I saw the series premiere of Voyager last night, and OMG, could Janeway be anymore of a ... no, I won't say that word. But seriously, she was acting like a complete moron the whole episode - demoting Chakotay for being right, and snapping at Tuvok for daring to question her ethics - I was throwing bits of paper at the TV screen!!

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Was Chakotay demoted?? I was only half-watching, but I thought he was just confined to quarters. ?[face_plain]

Throwing paper is fine - it's when you start throwing heavier things (or the TV itself) that you have to start worrying. :)

BTW: I just saw an advert on TV2 showing the coming movies, which included Star Trek: Insurrection.

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    > If ANH had been a flop on it's initial "Star Wars" release, then
    > there probably wouldn't have been any Star Trek.
    >
    > It's mainly because Star Wars was such a big hit, they decided to
    > make the first Star Trek movie.
    >
    > SO, if you "hate" Star Trek, you've only got yourself to blame for
    > "loving" Star Wars.

See, told you. :p

From the Force.net's news: Star Wars Boosts Star Trek

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    the first Star Trek movie would have to be the most boring movie ever made. I saw it once when I was a kid. I remember there's this long, long scene, of the model Enterprise leaving dock. I also remember many long scenes of the Enterprise crew staring with their mouths open.

How on earth they were inspired by Star Wars to make that, I will never know. :D It maybe that I'm just the wrong generation, as I've never seen any of the original Star Trek.

Oh, and Chakotay wasn't demoted, he was just relieved of his duties or something like that. For daring to question Janeway! I don't know if I can stand to watch anymore of it if Janeway is going to act like that.

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I assume you mean the most boring sc-fi movie, in which case I'd ALMOST agree, but I'd have to say 2001 is utter rubbish (and the book isn't much better) - it's basically that Enterprise leaving spacedock sequence for the full two-and-a-bit hour movie - YAWN!!!
    (I still think there should be a ZZZzzz smiley.)

There's probably a more boring one, but I can't think of it right now.

In terms of books though, 2001 is easily beaten by the Dune series - triple YAWN!!!

As for the most boring movie of any kind ... well, there's THOUSANDS of competitiors for that title - it's just too hard to pick one.

The original Star Trek series wasn't TOO bad, but like the modern versions, it did have it's really boring and/or weird episodes too. It will might get repeated at some stage (Prime TV perhaps).

26. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I remember seeing the 30th anniversary re-release of 2001 at the St James. I thought it was hilarious. All these 'profound' statements about the nature of technology, done with apes throwing bones around. Apparently the original tagline was 'the ultimate trip'. I could see why after the end. Yep, that was the sixties.

The only thing cool about it was Hal. Truly chilling the way he was so calm all the time, when really he was killing everyone. 'Everything is fine Dave. The Pod bay doors must have malfunctioned, Dave. No, don't unplug me Dave."

Anyway, did anyone see Voyager last night. That was hiliarious!
    Computer: warning! warp core breach is a lot sooner than you think. warning! this is your last chance to be a hero doctor!
    Activate the ECH! Fire the photonic canon!

My fav bit was probably Harry's expression when the Doctor was painting Seven nude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.