main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ezra Bridger, Younglings, The NJO, and the Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by OneTrueOverlord, Dec 24, 2015.

1. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Hi, long time stalker, first time poster. Putting this here and not TV because TFA spoilers.

So this thought came into my head while watching the film the first time around. Luke founded the New Jedi Order and it seems impossible unless they all end up dead by the end of Rebels, but the likely thing is that Ezra (and/or Kanan, as it could be that he ends up dead at the end of Rebels. Ahsoka has no chance) ends up meeting Luke after Return of the Jedi, and of course he would end up helping him try to form the New Jedi Order, especially after the second before last episode where he saves a couple of Force-sensitive younglings from the Inquisitors and it is implied that they would be the future of the Jedi.

Time skip to the Force Awakens and there is no new Jedi but Luke. And I was wondering what Rebels fans thought were the ultimate fate of Ezra and the infants in light of the new information from the film. Personally, I don't want to say it, but I think that when Benny-boy turned, the younglings either turned to the Knights of Ren or died. And in the case of good ol' Ezra Bridger, he definitely died. Unless he turns up in 17 months for the sequel and though that would be nice I'm not sure...

What do you think?

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    NO EZRA!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO

dekaneas likes this.
  3. moreorless

moreorless Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    Ahsoka would be cool as and old wise one!

4. Rancor Rider

Rancor Rider Jedi Padawan

Nov 26, 2015
    Ezra's last name might possibly indicate that he is the "bridge" between the prequels and the OT. It will be interesting to see where the "Rebels" crew ends up.

5. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    Ezra is Snoke!!! [face_skull]

6. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    It might be interesting if Ezra turns out to be one of the Knights of Ren.

dekaneas likes this.
  7. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I was shocked that the Disney machine did not incorporate Rebels characters into TFA. I thought for sure Kanan was going to be the old guy at the beginning. Or Ezra. And bring Ahsoka back for Rebels?This means they they all have to die. Which, I'm fine with.

C

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. LesPaulPlayer91

LesPaulPlayer91 Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder what Ezra and Kanan's final fate is, I'm hoping it's not that they both die as that's the obvious one to go for but they'll have to come up with some reason as to why they're absent in the OT. Ezra must be pretty much the same age as Luke so it would be hard to explain his absence given that Luke's seen as the new hope for the Jedi. Plus, you'd think someone in the Rebel Alliance would have mentioned something to Luke about there being more Jedi in its ranks.

It's one of the reasons I liked Ahsoka's exit in TCW - it both gave Anakin a real reason to dislike the Jedi Order and it explained her absence. Before she popped up in Rebels I just figured she went on to live a normal life and so wasn't seen as a threat. Plus, given that Anakin/Vader had issues letting go it wouldn't surprise me if Vader turned a blind eye and made an exception for her. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar with Ezra - ie he abandons the force and the Alliance or goes into hiding for whatever reason. I think Ashoka's days are probably numbered though. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. As I'm a stickler for continuity I really want to know their ultimate fates.

On a similar note I wonder what the next (final?) Force Unleashed game would have said about Starkiller's fate (or rather his clone) plus how Vader escaped capture. I'm hoping a final chapter comes at some point even if its just a novel but considering that Rebels replaced it canon wise I don't really see it happening.

9. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Part of me was wondering that. Seeing that the rumours are that Benicio del Toro is playing a villain in Episode VIII makes be wonder if it could be an evil Ezra. Course he is almost 20 years younger than Hamil but that's noting a little makeup can't sort.

I have a theory that the Rebel Cell that the crew of the Ghost was associated with got (for a while) cut off after their main contact, Bail Organa, got blown up with Alderaan. Certainly allows them some time to put off having the big meet between the two Jedi-in-training

Going slightly off-topic, imagine if Ahsoka somehow survived Rebels.

Same. I can't imagine that we'll find out for sure until at least 2019 when Episode IX comes out and we can really explore the period 4-34 ABY in the New EU but we'll know when we know. Rebels would have finished it's 5th Season by the time the Sequel Trilogy is finished but it could be a long while before we get the show post-Endor where I'll imagine Luke and Ezra may finally meet (baring any time skips, and even then) but by 2019 I assume Filoni would have figured out something of an Endgame for Rebels which should tie in to the New Jedi Order and the collapse of the Galactic Empire, maybe hints of Snoke as well (Rebels would be a really good place to have Snoke appear in actually, even in the shadows or as part of a third faction. Rebels could end with him seizing power from Mas Ameeda, though that's more likely gonna be in Aftermath 3)

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke established an academy, not a new Order.

Aftermath states Luke is the last Jedi and Ashoka is only mentioned by "Fulcrum" once.

11. NorthBayForce

NorthBayForce Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    I think Erza is a Knight of Ren

He probaby killed Kanan​

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm pretty sure they are setting up Ezra as a founder/member of the Knights of Ren. He really doesn't seem interested in being a Jedi, and I doubt they'd kill off a young character like that. Unless he actually does get recruited by Luke and killed in the Academy massacre.

13. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Dead. Dead. They're all dead. Ezra. Kanan. Ahsoka. Dead. All the Jedi are dead except for Luke. Even the rest of Rebels crew. Sabine, Zeb, Hera, Chopper. All. Dead. R I P

14. Mulgir

Mulgir Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    I don't think any of them are all alive :( [​IMG]

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Visual Dictionary said Kylo betrayed and destroyed the other Jedi students studying with Master Luke Skywalker and prevented the return of the Jedi Order. But Luke was working on a New Jedi Order, it was just wiped out by Kylo and the Knights of Ren.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Ezra does want to be a Jedi. That was what was established in "Path Of The Jedi" and "Brothers Of The Broken Horn". He just had to let go of his attachment to the past and acknowledge the new path that he was on. As to Ezra and Kanan, their absence is more that they don't have to be part of Luke's Jedi Order to matter. Assuming one or both survive the events of "Rebels", they could easily meet up with Luke following the Battle of Endor and decided to agree to disagree about their role in Luke's new Jedi Order.