main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ezra

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Revanfan1, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would not put it past them don't give them ideas.

2. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Lots of people don't watch Rebels though, so the impact of learning this truth would only be impactful for those who watch Rebels. "I am Kylo Ren, but my friends call me... Ezra Bridger..." line could be dropped to which Rebels fans cheer while the audience (and probably the characters on film) go "Who?"

jabberwalkie likes this.
  3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Ezra being Kylo Ren would be terrible.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea machine gun Ren. Ezra's saber is a two piece, it does not fire lightsaber bolts . So it is select fire or duel action where the other end shoots him?!Ren's main blade would be effected and phase out each time it fired,lol.

The saber looks to simply offer some protection against the enemy's lightsaber from loping off his wrist and a close range weapon during lightsaber lock where the crossguards can be used against the opponent to cut , stab or cut off their wrists. Rather reminds of the scenes were it could be useful like during Dooku's duels in AOTC and ROTS, as their sabers locked and Dooku lose his hands during the rematch. The design looks to be extremely dangerous as much for the user as for the enemy. Just appears they want to one up Maul's lightsaber from TMP teaser trailer from 1999.

Am more curious as to whether its a personal modification as he lost his hands in a duel so created this thing or it simply supposed to look fearsome to an enemy like Grievous as he was pretty useless in ROTS(and he had 4 sabers/4 arms, 5 couning one his legs like in the micro series but his character and skill were completely different).

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If you fire lightsaber bolts, do they dissipate after hitting something, or do they fall to the ground and you're left with a whole bunch of glowy beams lying all over like shell casings? :p

6. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    I could maybe see Kylo Ren being Ezra's failed apprentice gone darkside but Ezra himself is pushing it.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I keep on forgetting who Kylo Ren is.

Nayath likes this.
  8. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I think Ezra is more likely to die well before the ST takes place. He and the others will probably go in some sort of act of self-sacrifice to help the greater Rebellion such as finding the Death Star plans.

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The one thing I find ridiculous about the shooting lightsaber, is the machine gun part, how would that look in combat ? :p ''vuom voum pew pew pew pew voum''

shorttrooper likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I highly doubt it.

Ezra will survive. He'll likely grow too powerful and become dangerous.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Bump...

After watching Rebels Recon, Ezra seems to be able to foresee the future as well. The kid is pretty much on Galen Marek level of potential, which puts him in the same bracket as Luke and Anakin.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Witch annoys me a lot he is doing all these crazy things with the force and he has only been training for like 6 months.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    As Vorax said, Luke in ANH only "felt something" during a lightsaber exercise with Obi-Wan. Ezra was able to foresee future events, sense other Force sensitives and show moderate telekinesis skills. As I've said before, I don't think this is an accident and Filoni is deliberately putting him in the same category as Luke and Anakin (more closer to Anakin).

14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Anakin more likely. Like Anakin, Ezra also seems to have certain "issues" that could push him down a dark path if he's not careful (or if Kanan fails to teach him well enough). Maybe that's why The Inquisitor seems interested in recruiting him.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd look Ezra to start dressing in Jedi robes soon, similar to Luke in RoTJ. But in some ways, Ezra seems to display a natural connection to the Force greater than Anakin. He seems more in control.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Luke didn't dress in Jedi robes in ROTJ. He wore that all-black outfit.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He did. It's identical to Anakin's in RoTS; it's none traditional Jedi robes.

18. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    The whole Jedi robes thing was clearly a retcon on Lucas's part anyway.

shorttrooper likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Why.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Luke did wear a brown cape and hood. Lucas made all the Jedi end up wearing some variation of Obi Wan's Tattooine desert attire in the PT. I don't know the reasoning why he chose black in ROTJ, to me he looked like a Catholic priest but missing the white collar. So it could be more likely Lucas was imitating the theme:

http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/why-priests-wear-black.html

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Its likely that its was what you stated.

22. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't like Ezra for some reason. My son even thinks hes a "sookie baby" lol.

23. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Ezra being Kylo Ren makes no sense. Why would he join the Dark Side, because he was envious of Luke Skywalker having been the new hope for the Jedi and not himself?

24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Ezra's used the darkside before when he was angry and upset. I don't think it would have to do with Luke Skywalker; but his parents fate or losing the people of the Ghost Crew.

shorttrooper and Nayath like this.
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    People still looking over the fact Adam Driver is playing Kylo Ren. Ezra would be the same age as Luke in ST.