main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ezra

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Revanfan1, Feb 21, 2014.

1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I sort of speculate that Ezra could live on into the sequel trilogy as an adult. If Vader or the Inquisitor hunts down and kills Kanan, maybe Ezra becomes a repeat of his master and gives up being a Jedi for many years to come. He still uses his Force abilities, but stays on the down low until its time for Luke to restore the Jedi Order. An adult Ezra, who is the same age as Luke returns to fight the Empire. This way Luke can still be the true last of the Jedi when Yoda dies and live on past the show.

Luke is only 23 upon the death of the Emperor. Ezra will be the same age. Who is to say he will not be among the first Force sensitives that Ezra runs into and makes his some of the first restored masters in the new Jedi Order and goes on to expand the group again. With the rumors that Rebels is going to be canceled and replaced by a new animated series after TFA releases, this makes sense too if its about Luke restoring the Jedi Order. This would allow Disney to milk him as long as they want too.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    For him to survive, Ezra must reject the Jedi way.

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Or he just goes into hiding, ala Obi Wan or Yoda. Or he's on the completely other side of the Galaxy doing something else and thus out of Vader/Sheev's immediate reach. Point is, there are a number of ways to explain his survival (should they choose to go that route of course).

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

What is Sookie supposed to mean.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Again, his Force use in the latest episode was something to behold; as we've said before, he is very much on Anakin's level of Force potential (or just under)

6. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Maybe they are jumping in time intervals though if the show is going to be canceled. They might not have time to show a slow steady progression. I don't get the impression that Ezra is super powerful he is just naturally gifted in his connection to the force

rumsmuggler likes this.
  7. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    I wasn't worried until the "There is another" line, until they had an episode that made it clear Yoda knows about Kanan. Why, he didn't invite him to complete his training is beyond me. Especially with how powerful Ezra seems to be. They already messed up with Anakin.

redlightning and shorttrooper like this.
  8. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    Nobody knows where Yoda is hiding out. If he, Obi-Wan, and other surviving Jedi has taken on more apprentices in secret while in exile, there might have been more hope to overthrow the Emperor. Why couldn't Yoda start a small Jedi academy on Degobah to bring up the new generation? Kanan could finish being there too.

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    We do know where Yoda is hiding. We saw RoTS.

The plan was to use Anakin's offspring, which Obi-wan and Yoda knew would be powerful enough in the Force

....and that's how you destroy the OT.

shorttrooper likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke's "power in the Force" didn't defeat the Emperor though.

And they say "Only a fully trained Jedi ... will conquer Vader and his Emperor"

Not "Only Anakin Skywalker's offspring ... will conquer Vader and his Emperor"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015

Yet Yoda himself was a full trained Jedi, so the meaning of the sentence was less than literal. I think he was just telling Luke what he needed to hear at the time.

12. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Yeah but I think yoda and obiwan just wanted Luke to kill Vader with his "Power in the force". Luke just found his own solution which wasn't what they had in mind. They wanted him because they thought he would be powerful like Anakin.

13. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    I could imagine Yoda and Obi-Wan having trained other young Jedi during their years apart during the Galactic Civil War and sending them out to fight the Empire. The trouble is except for Luke, they all died in the attempt.

14. TheRiddler555

TheRiddler555 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2015
    If Ezra were to get a haircut what would you want it to be. Example: Faux hawk, crew cut, buzzcut.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Should be "Should Ezra get a completely new look/outfit?" The answer is yes to OP and what it should be. ;)

Kentoa likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes get rid of that blue hair.

Cheerios4u98 likes this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He's got his Harry Potter-like scar like Anakin now lol.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I really admire Ezra's ingenuity with the gunsaber, that weapon seems to be a really cool and effective all-in-one weapon that makes you a real challenge to fight against (as Kanan demonstrated to the Inquisitor).

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, everyone pretty sure Ezra's scar(s) is going to be a fixture of the character now? I am!

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I hope so. Not only would it be really lazy of the animators to just forget about them, but I like the idea of him having a "mark" to remind him of all that he's seen/been through. Kind of like Luke's black-gloved cybernetic hand in ROTJ.

21. TheRiddler555

TheRiddler555 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2015
    Im thinking what might happen in season 2 with Ezra. Here is my list
    Ezra's hair will it be shorter?
    Will he be taller?
    Will he get a new outfit like Jedi attire?
    Will we find out what happened to Ezra's parents?
    Will he be less annoying in season 2 will he act more mature?
    Will his scar be permanent?

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I guess it depends how deep the cuts are. If they were shallow, it might not scar, but deeper cuts would most likely create scars.

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I don't think the gunsaber makes much sense. The gun part would just be extra weight added to the thing which would be a liability when you want to use it in saber mode, and vice versa. So yeah, no point combining the two functions on a single contraption when having a separate blaster and lightsaber would work fine if not better.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If it's significantly harder to shoot "offhanded" it makes sense to have a single weapon rather than dual-wield.

Plus there's the surprise factor involved - since it looks like a saber hilt - people aren't expecting to suddenly get shot from it.

There's actually a lot of historical precedent for "gun-swords" even if they weren't very good weapons.

25. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    I can't tell if I like Ezra or not yet. On the one hand, he annoys me. On the other hand, I also hated Ahoska Tano at first but eventually grew to really like her as a character. He has had some good moments so far.

I'm going to nitpick here, but why does he have blue hair?? Does he dye is hair? Is his hair naturally blue? Is he even human in that case?? Haha. The blue hair has always bothered me. If Ezra were to appear in one of the live-action standalone films, would he still have blue hair?? Just thinking out loud here...