main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ezra's Parents

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by moonjump05, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Guys lets play nice and I think the argument about Jango being sterile is off topic. The SW General Thread is listed in the directory.

Honestly with the Goatee the guy does remind me of Five, Gregor, or Boil. Then again mom looks like Barriss. That makes no sense. I am over thinking the Dad is a clone thing just cuz I like clones. I am not really sure I want to see one if my favorites is Space Aladdin's dad. I wonder if his parents are Mandalorian. Could be an interesting asside. I think it most likely the rents are clever OCs.

2. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    If his parents are Mandalorian and Sabine becomes his sister.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Heh... would that be unlike Star Wars?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How about no.

5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The Inquisitor is going to be able to identify who Ezra is eventually and find out his parents were taken into custody of the Empire. In exchange for joining the Dark Side and helping the Empire, his parents will probably be held as ransom to bait him to betray the Ghost crew.

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Ezra's parents died a long time ago defending Ezra from the Inquisitor. Ezra's mom used the Force to seal away part of the Inquisitor's life essence into Ezra himself, which manifests as a flower-shaped scar underneath his right armpit. In order to defeat the Inquisitor, Ezra must DIE.

...or alternatively he can try to discreetly enlist the aid of one of those surgical droids that rebuilt Darth Vader and have the scar removed.

McRowdy likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Harry Potter rip off much.

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd like to think at least one of them is still alive. And when Ezra goes to let's say, save or help them; the Inquisitor shows up and kills them right in front of Ezra, causing him to get ****** at the Inquisitor and use more of the darkside.

9. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh oh, alternatively...it's season 5 of Rebels, and Ezra is all grown up. He's about to get married to Sabine when he gets word that his father is alive and is the leader of a pirate band. He tracks down his father, who he discovers abandoned him and his mother to go hunting for an ancient Sith treasure said to be able to turn anything it touches into cortosis. Ezra agrees to help his father find the treasure, but the Inquisitor wants it for himself and is hot on their trail!

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Actually, Sabine isn't interested in Ezra. She isn't interested in anyone romantically or otherwise because she's asexual. And she has a really dark past.

Here's the interview where Freddie (Kanan's voice actor) says this at about the one hour mark.

http://fullofsith.com/archives/1241

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe Ezra's parents attached podracer engines to a carpet and smartly took off without him.

I like Sabine out've all the characters of the crew thus far.

Ezra's character has to dractically improve as I don't find myself caring for this character which I doubt is what the writers/producers want. But he seems geared to the very young demographic.

On a side note, does anyone know what that symbol or logo is supposed to be on Ezra's back on his vest?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There is more chance of Ezra being beheaded in season 5 then that happening.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well it is possible they've built around the idea of at the end of the galaxy another Skywalker was being trained. The early drafts of Star Wars contained a female hero(I think the sequel trilogy is using this) and Luke's sister Nelith(Sp?) being trained separately as a Jedi at the other end of the galaxy in case one sibling dies the other rises to take on the challenge. Not saying Ezra is a Skywalker per se but he could be well based within the Starkiller prototypes as Lucas, TCW and Rebels and Filoni are known to borrow and reuse concepts and ideas and even remake already used and filmed ones.

DanielUK likes this.
  14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Ezra could be the 'Plan B' - encase Luke and Leia failed.

Vorax likes this.
  15. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I wish his parents had considered 'Plan B'

16. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Not to worry, the Genie will swoop in at the last second to save the d--

Actually, what would be the equivalent of a genie in the SW universe? The Force ghost of this one really obscure Jedi master from this really obscure short story that's part of this really obscure compilation of short stories?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Mace Windu.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well if Ezra does not die or turns darkside and actually becomes a Jedi Knight it would difficult to explain his absence in the OT. The galaxy is big and all but TCW had everyone flying from one side to another all the time like it was no big deal and those were 22 minute episodes. If Ezra passes on what he learned then he would've created a new Jedi Order before Luke did. And at this point he's more advanced than Luke ever was and has a good 5 year lead and more action/experience which will only grow from season to season. ST is 30 something years past ROTJ, so if there is two rival Jedi Orders it would be strange to say the least,lol. Ezra and Luke would both think of themselves as heirs to the Jedi and would likely place themselves as the new Yoda, namely if Ezra outlives Kanan like Luke did Obi Wan and Yoda. If the Galaxy is still broken up into Imperial Remnants, Republic Loyalists/New Republic and Separatists it would be like one big Cold War with threat of another Word World thing happening I would imagine.

19. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Ahsoka is still alive and out there somewhere right? She hasn't created another Jedi Order, so maybe Ezra (if he does become a Jedi) also doesn't for the same reason whatever that might be.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I would agree but they left her fate unclear. She looked through with the Jedi and her old life at the end of Season 5 but there was still hope of her return(they havent hinted at Season 7 or 8 arcs with her entailed). She wasnt knighted. Guess nor was Luke - his knighting had to be achieved by the dueling and killing of Vader and Sidious but he ended things differently - the Force Ghosts visiting him would leave the impression that he was indeed a full fledged Jedi Knight and hence the name of the film. A more natural continuation of TCW to me would've been to follow Asoka Tano where she couldve been like a Kanan-like character especially how she left - instead Disney wanted all new cast and lead characters with Ezra being set up as sort of Luke Skywalker of the series. The kinda story is anachronistic but they're following their own continuity and canon now. The Tarkin novel stipulated that Vader is still bitter and angry at Tarkin much to the chagrin of Sidious by the events of those episodes. I think if Vader had tried to locate her and kill it wouldve been mentioned there. She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth until if they decide bring her back into the storyline.

21. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    No, not in the least. By Empire Strikes Back Luke was able to consciously control the force at will, it was difficult but he had control. Ezra currently is only able to when he has extreme emotions, or with help from Kanan. In none of these cases is Ezra actually in control. We have seen more raw ability out of Ezra, but Luke showed more control. At least in my opinion control is what is more important. It is like choosing between an untrained street fighter, and a trained martial artist. The street fighter might have some raw power in him, but I'll take the martial artist every time.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  22. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    You know what, I'm just going to guess that Ezra is going to go through the 3-5 seasons of this show, and then once they're out of material he'll disappear just like Ahsoka, Ventress, and all the other Order 66 survivors. Killing him would be too dark, so would having him turn to the dark side...he can't be the one to overthrow the Sith because that's Luke's job...that just leaves the Ahsoka option.

23. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Or the show gets cancelled and they don't have to worry about it lol..
    But I'd prefer they show what happens to him

24. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Ezra's dad is Grand Admiral Thrawn in disguise as a human (aka the hair)... And his mom is Jabba the Hutt sorry to break it to you.

25. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Kinda creepy to think about lol