main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ezra's Parents

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by moonjump05, Nov 13, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Her fate will either be left to a novel (exclusively about her) or Rebels.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So is there anything else to really speculate on on these two hopefully this thread does not go the way of Fulcrum.

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Mira and Ephraim are obviously Ezra's foster parents, their mission is to keep an eye on Ezra, that mission was given to them by Tikkes

4. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I hope his parents are not anyone special. Just a couple who disliked the empire, had their own little podcast about it, and got on the Empires bad side without having anything particularly special about them. In a galaxy this big sometimes people should just be random people with no prior connection to anything.

5. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    THIS, don't get me wrong, I love connections and all that jazz, but sometimes I love a good simple story too.

6. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Here is my bizarre theory and I'm not sure if anyone posted anything similar yet, because I'm too lazy to look.

So Ezra is force sensitive, so there is a 50/50 chance atleast one of his parents are force sensitive. What if they were taken away by the Empire, brainwashed, and made an Inquisitor or Inquisitors? O_O Hera clearly hasn't told him the bad news, because If it was good news, I'm sure she would of told him by now. That or they're clearly dead. I mean this show has a lot of old trilogy themes this would be up there with the Empire Strikes Back reveal.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    *Insert obligatory
    theory*

8. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    What I wanna know is who are his parents' parents?!

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It all adds up.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You are absolutely right, it has happened before. Shows get cancelled before the writers have delivered a story with a sense of closure, all of the time.

Not that I hope this to be the case (I don't), or even necessarily expect it. What I do hope is for, is for lessons to have been learned from the cancellation of TCW.

And as far as Ezra, specifically? I think you're on the right track here, as well. I very much expect that, as with Tano, Bridger won't go baddie, or be killed-off.

Moreover, Ezra is seemingly on the track to becoming a powerful Jedi; one whose stated goal is to "protect everyone." But, as you say, it is Luke Skywalker's destiny is to be the "one who will save the universe from a great imbalance," and to be so during an era when there seems to be no other Jedi of prominence or renown.

Like Ahsoka, Bridger's destiny will have to be something different. He will need to carve out a unique path, all his own. I think that is only a part of what makes the kid so intriguing to me.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Even when it makes sense for him and Kanan to kick the bucket.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Sure. I agreed with George Lucas, insofar as I personally felt that it made 'sense' for Ahsoka to die, as well. But that didn't happen then, either.

And I can see why. You find that you've created and developed a new character who is really clicking, story-wise, and who has also met with some popularity? Well the, you've got yourself a valuable asset moving forward (and I don't mean 'asset' as in only $$$ -- though that is certainly a factor -- but also in a narrative sense), you know? All kinds of creative solutions, aimed at keeping them around, are likely to be dreamed up.

I think Lucasfilm very much learned their lessons from both Boba Fett and Darth Maul, in this way. A point was made to bring both back (and to be given some pretty big narrative focus) during the PT/TCW era (with Maul, literally brought back from the grave). Lucas has even gone on-record acknowledging both 'deaths' as mistakes.

If Ezra catches-on and flourishes in a manner similar to Tano, I absolutely think that the decision will be made to give him some kind of 'third option,' between either 'Jedi Hero' or outright death.

Even if it does make more sense to you, and to me, and to all the rest of the world for Ezra and Kanan to 'kick the bucket.'

Note, I didn't say that's the route I'd necessarily take (we'll have to see where Bridger's story is headed before I could say, either way); only what I believe is likely. [face_dunno]

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If Ezra survives Rebels, then there is no doubt (in my mind) he'll encounter Luke post-RoTJ.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I hope not it just does not seem like it should happen.

16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'd say that it depends on if Luke builds a new Jedi Order. If Luke does, i could see Ezra going to the temple,

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think he will though.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think they'll be a new Order. Kanan's comments were interesting in the last episode; dismissing it as "the past" and somewhat suggesting it should never return.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I second this.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I do agree with Kanan, though. The Order should never return; it was fundamentally flawed and inspired it's own downfall. Never again should the Jedi align with politics and the galactic governance.

21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I agree that the Order as it was should not return. I don't think that there isn't a reason to create a new Order especially if it doesn't act or take on the same roles, or completely adhere to the old ways. In doing so they would create a fundamentally different Order while still creating a central place for Jedi to learn and train in the ways of the force. Otherwise without the Order you would have Jedi essentially being ronin, wandering the galaxy aimlessly until they find a cause.

To your point on politics and governance, I agree. I would add that I don't think that they should be used as military commanders or body guards either.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Totally agree. To quote Windu, the Jedi are not soldiers.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This isn't my idea (but I don't remember who I'm stealing it from), but maybe he'll be the bad guy in the ST. Bridging all three trilogy-eras together as it were.

I doubt it, of course, but it could be an interesting twist, say at the end of Episode VIII or something.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Filoni has stated many times none of the main Rebels characters will be in the ST.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, it wouldn't be a twist if he said it was gonna happen years before it did ;)