main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    @PointGiven - the majority of negative reviews on Steam cite this issue.

Firstly; I've played games with this issue - I think Assassin's Creed II was one such example, as was Splinter Cell Conviction. So combined with a fairly long standing history with the Hitman franchise meant I was saving often.

Having clarified that - I have not got much time played but I never had a connection issue once with it.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Just stared playing Arkham Knight. That goddam Batmobile. I never thought I'd say this but I hate the ******* thing. It handles like crap, and - just like I knew I would - after the first couple of absolutely not fun tank battles, I know I never want to do it again. I guess it's a good thing I bought it on sale because I sincerely don't know if I'll bother to complete it.

3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
  4. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, heard about that during the weekend. That does sound very promising.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Doing another playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy despite my issues with 2's plot or lack thereof.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If you're into old games/indie games/whatever on PC, GOG's somewhat infamous Insomnia Sale is running again this week. Stay up late, attempt to snipe for one of only 100 copies of the Monkey Island 1+2 collection, sit in agony for multiple hours as 500 copies of Humans Must Answer won't move at 1 AM EST, what could possibly go wrong?

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

I'm doing the same. ME1 was a lot more painful to get through than I remembered. The story is a lot better in the first game, but the gameplay is a lot clunkier. Though ME2 has planet scanning, which is one of the worst gaming mechanics I've ever come across.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I got really into the planet probing and I'm not sure I could tell you why (Maybe because it has the same zen-like quality that scanning in Starfleet Command has?). My ship was fully upgraded before I did any loyalty missions.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    All I remember about probing in ME2 is repeatedly probing Uranus and Tricia Helfer getting annoyed.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Fallout 4 Automatron coming out tomorrow!

you know what that means. I'll be rushing out to buy it as early as June or July of 2017.

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    "Rushing out" to buy DLC. You'll probably get stuck in the Wal-Mart.

Point Given likes this.
  13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    metaphorically I meant. I found out almost a year ago about Steam.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The DRM issue is one of the reasons I don't play my AAA games on PC. I mean, I have a mini-tower so I can plug it into my TV if I want the big screen and surround sound (which I do)... but I don't want to have to deal with DRM crap. That's definitely a positive that consoles have. I never have to worry about the Sim City type of thing where you can't play the game at all, even the single player stuff, if the server is down.

Of course, it also helps that I don't play any online multiplayer.

See, I got it for Christmas and I have yet to play it. It's coming up soon on my list, but I'm very afraid of the missions that will require the Batmobile. I frankly am terrible at any sections of games that require you to drive something, and avoid them at all costs. It's largely because I've never played any kinds of racing games. So I fully expect to crash the Batmobile a thousand times and for there to be a lot of swearing going on in those segments....

And yet, actually being Batman out in the streets is sort of what I've been hoping the games would build to. So we'll see. I'll probably just avoid any elective side missions with that thing. It looks designer to make me scream at my TV.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Steam has offline mode.

Ender Sai likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But not all games will allow offline mode or are available in Steam. Hence the complaints here about servers going down and preventing people from playing their games' single player content. That doesn't happen with console games. Just sayin'. And I play both.

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Hitman lets you play offline, it just doesn't let you save progress, from my understanding. This is true on consoles and PC.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I wouldn't bother. It'll be dumbed down for console peasants so that there's no interesting, compelling or even modestly conflicting aspects to it.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    What makes you think console players don't want complex or conflicting storylines? Are you just thinking of idiot FPS X-Box fanboys? Because one of the most popular and beloved Playstation exclusives of all time is The Last of Us, and that's basically the definition of thematic and character complexity in gaming. The gold standard, really.

From my understanding, many players on both PC and console alike were somewhat disappointed with Fallout 4.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ahem, smile when you say that.
    Besides, for all we know and regardless of his posturing and PC Master Race this and that, Ender may actually own either or both consoles in order to secretly enjoy those exclusives that'll never make their way to PC.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Nope. I've sadly missed out on playing Red Dead Redemption entirely.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well that's just you being stubborn then.

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    [​IMG]

I gave Codsworth gatling laser arms. My life is complete.

Point Given likes this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Part of me wants to pick up that DLC, but the rest of me knows I'd just use my spare time to keep playing Stardew Valley anyway. Pretty much scratches the same gameplay itches, too, which is... actually really weird, although the latter has better characters. And it has chickens. Chickens are cool.

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Day of the Tentacle remastered is out.