main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Still making my way through The Witcher 3. I'd forgotten to mention the incredible soundtrack, and the fact that nearly all the side quests are interesting and don't feel like a chore to reduce my quest load.

Colm likes this.
  2. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    I plan to get back to Witcher 3 this summer, and finish Dragon's Age before that. At the moment I'm still captivated with Battlefront.

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

I bought the first expansion back when it came out and I still haven't touched it. I was at the start of a New Game Plus and to get to the level required took an age. Now I'm at that level I've played so much of the game I feel burnt out by it. Maybe that's what I'll play once I've finished my Mass Effect playthrough.

Speaking of which, just finished Leviathan. Having not played any of the DLC before (bar From Ashes) it's been nice to have the extra content. I think I preferred Omega though. Just got Citadel to do, which I've been looking forward to for ages, before I go in to the point of no return. ME3 is definitely my favourite of the series though.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm waiting for the second DLC to come out before I pick Witcher 3 back up. I was really satisfied by the conclusion, so I haven't felt much desire to revisit it. Hell of a game (Some might call it the best game of 2015), hell of a series, but they put a nice bow on it and I was... just kind of done, but in the good way.

Point Given likes this.
  5. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

Citadel is my favorite DLC of any game. It's so cheesy, but so awesome.

6. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Playing through Donkey Kong Country on the 3DS as part of their introduction of SNES to the 3DS Virtual Console service. Looks great on the XL screen. Finished Super Mario World the other week. I might try Metroid next, something to tide me over while I pray day and night for the Super Star Wars trilogy.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Rogue Squadron! Steam!

8. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I wonder if it will work with my analogue controller.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    My thoughts exactly. Though I just read it has some issues. That said, it may not be the best SW game ever, but I sure loved it back in the day. Worth shelling out a couple of bucks for.

10. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    No, not the greatest Star Wars game but still plenty of fun which is more than I can say about Battlefarce or The Farce Unleashed.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I really just want a Star Wars total conversion mod for Stardew Valley, honestly. There's already a way to turn your dog into BB-8 but I'd like the full package.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    does anyone care about all the rave oculus rift reviews? the price tag makes it unlikely that i'll be an early adopter but i'm still way more intrigued than i was before.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Everything I saw on Giant Bomb's stream about it confirmed my suspicions that it's a cool piece of technology without any compelling games at the moment. I could see myself opting in to second or third generation headsets.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Oculus rift is the new motion interface in the tradition of Wii Motion or Kinnect.

#fad

Darth-Lando likes this.
  17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    The PS3 has no games!

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm still debating whether I actually need a 5ms, 50-75hz 27" curved Samsung or a 27" ASUS at 1ms is actually better.

Gimmicks. I HATE AND LOVE THEM.

19. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I received the second generation iPad as a birthday present back in the day and swore it was my best birthday ever. Then I tried a site built on flash.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok so two bits of news:

1) NVIDIA announced the anticipated new card - GTX 1080.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3068...og-support-following-intel-and-amds-lead.html

Cheaper and less energy hungry than the Titan-X flagship, and more powerful than a locomotive two GTX 980s SLI'd together, this is graphics the likes of which console people can only dream of.

2) Not really news but I'm back to playing project CARS (Community Assisted Racing Simulator).

I have a Logitech G920 wheel for my PC and a bunch of my GTA racing league chums have moved over. It's clear though they don't have an endurance racing background - we are racing a GT3 league (so, think racecar versions of the Porsche 911 or the Corvette SR7 or the Aston Martin V12 Vantage or BMW Z4) and they just have no idea about setting a car up or managing fuel and tyres. I've been doing F1 simulators since Geoff Crammond's first Microprose Grand Prix game (JoinTheSchwarz - surely you played?) so I end up being the go to guy for any setup problems.

I'm racing, because I know you care, the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 in McLaren orange:

[​IMG]

What are you guys playing?

21. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Waiting for Doom - this Friday.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Is it going to be any good or just the Suck?

23. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    ...optimistic, though not game of the year material (that's for Deus Ex). I'm a fan of old school Doom. The trailers released (so far) indicate a return to 1990s Doom rather than the survival-horror approach of Doom 3.

For those taking the journey on PC:

PC System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
    Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
    8 GB RAM
    55 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better

Recommended:

Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
    Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
    8 GB RAM
    55 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better

24. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Anybody try the Telltale-style narrative focused game by the ex-Rockstar dev about the Iranian revolution? It's called 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, and reviews seem to be mostly positive. Sadly, no controller support, so WASD only. I've only played about an hour or so of it thus far, and I liked it. It presents the subject matter in a very accessible way, and the non-chronological storytelling hooks you in.

Similar to Valiant Hearts by Ubisoft, where you would find objects on the ground which you could then read about further in the pause menu to learn more about the actual details of life in the trenches of WW1, this game has you, as a photographer, take pictures as part of the narrative that mirror actual real photos from newspapers and media that were taken during the events it dramatizes, and you can read more about the photo and its context and significance in the pause menu.

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    And now Flash has pretty much disappeared from the web. Glorious.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.