main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm in London; saved Miller (which M12 over M11 seems to let happen). I assume I'm nearly done?

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah.

And sadly I didn't get to save Miller. The one Australian in the game. :p

I've started a new game + on Give Me Deus Ex. These new augs are amazing. Icarus Dash is easily my favorite (but then I was the guy who loved Charge in Mass Effect 2/3 so lol).

3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Not just any old Australian; Bennett, from the film Commando. :D

Also Macready is the guy who voiced Darth Maul.

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I'm also trying to resist picking it up for now. I've heard that the game is quite a performance hog, so I'm trying to wait until I upgrade my graphics card before I take the plunge.

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I heard that was Peter Serafinowicz.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes. That's what I said.

Finished Deus Ex. I went back Lord Vivec and got the good ending. You have 10mins from when you meet Miller to do all the stuff needed to bring about a good ending.

Next, onto Hitman Chapter IV and F1 2016.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Cripes, that ending took forever.

And then a first day DLC that was obviously a side mission chopped out of the main game, just like they did with Human Revolution.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Good. You want the good ending, though to me it still feels like they just cut off the last third of the game for the sequel.

9. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, I think that was the big complaint - that there was a ton of setup, and very little of it paid off. (And I would've like an actual mini-hub of London). But playing through almost all the side missions (I missed one), it was still pretty satisfying.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Speaking of which, I need to get Westwood's Blade Runnner working on my PC. I wonder if there's a Dosbox wrapper for it...

Ender Sai likes this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I so disagree with this last part. It's bad. It's terrible. That Batmobile is by far one of the worst combat vehicles I've ever played with in a video game. Hell, it makes Mass Effect's Mako look nimble by comparison. And as a car, forget it. It has no handling whatsoever. I'd rather drive a Halo Warthog over lava than just crush cruise Gotham streets with this ungainly beast. And supposedly, there's an encounter where you have to defend the GCPD against 60 or so drones...with that thing. I'd rather do so on foot, I might actually have a better chance!

This ***** game, I swear Rocksteady...

Ender Sai likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, IATI, you're just wrong on this one sir. Wickedly so.

The Batmobile looks great, and I'm tempted to add to my 1:43 car collection with the Hot Wheels Elite version of it. But it handles like a turd - and I can handle cars that understeer and the like, I got to #43 in the world in Watch Dogs racing (out of like 100,000 players). It's just awful.

Arkham City is the absolute peak of the series; Arkham Origins the nadir and Knight succeeds by not being Origins.

EDIT: jp-30, yas. That game was amazing.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So I just did some GTA Online with Lord Vivec. Showed him around my garages, reinforcing that too much in game money was spent on these supercars.

Also tried to bait a troll out of using god mode hax - normally you get them to try and prove they could kill you without the hax, and then school them but he wouldn't.

If anyone's on GTAO, let me know, and we can snipe people from the roof of a building.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Honestly, when there were 60 drones in a battle I dropped the difficulty to easy in Arkham Knight. My pride is not worth breaking something. It made those segments more bearable.

Took me a while to figure out a strategy to not make me quit during the big stealth tank battles, though.

The tank is definitely poor game design. But I found the actual Batman segments good.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah but was it actually an improvement on Arkham City? I didn't think so.

Deus Ex offered new augs to Adam Jensen, meaning there was new depth to the character's playstyle. Asylum to City did this; beyond that, it's pretty stale. A voice recorder? Meh.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The city itself was an improvement on Arkham City. The game as a whole was not. Asylum is easily the best, though.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Yes, it was.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I did the Golden Penguin achievement, Vivec. And I also did the "express elevator to hell" one - Icarus stun followed by typhoon.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Not safe for tourists to visit the canals at night.

(incidentally, you can imagine my disappointment to visit Wan Chai and find it looked nothing like DX. THERE ARE NO CANALS!)

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Imagine my excitement when I went into a bar and the drunken Russian sailors there said exactly what I expected.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's nice to see Russians not cheating.

22. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  23. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

I shoot that guy whenever I encounter him.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, it started with Kentucky Route Zero. So there's that, at least.