main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    And if you have room for two I will gladly tag along.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Even if I did, I probably wouldn't let a JCCer into my home.....

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I would let tom and Jazib in, but the problem is I wouldn't get a Switch so...

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    lol @ buying a console at launch.

Alternative PC mustard rice version: lol @ buying a console.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I need my 10/10 IGN Zelda dammit!

tom likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ghost Recon Wildlands dropped officially, and I played til way too late last night.

Vast improvement from Beta, in that the vehicles handle properly and some GFX optimisation has occurred, somewhere.

I still get a random freeze but I'm looking into that.

It's really good fun to play with friends. The difficulty absolutely needs to be maximum and my god is it tone deaf politically.

Is anyone on PC playing this, or planning on getting it?

Here's my judicious bringer of Freedom. And my Uplay ID in the top right:
    [​IMG]

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I believe, though, that missing pixels aren't an issue? Not an actual design flaw?

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, dead pixels on LCD screens are totally normal. You know, those things that most people now have in multiple forms-- phones, tablets, monitors, televisions, microwave control panels-- things that don't normally have dead pixels. But it's totally normal! Thanks, Nintendo!

Ender Sai likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sony took my Bravia back after a dead pixel within the first six months of use. The fools!

12. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I don't think I've ever had a dead pixel. They can't be that common, or am I just extraordinarily lucky?

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    PSN Update 4.5 drops today. External hard drive support, custom wallpapers, PS Pro upscaling ("Boost Mode"), and VR owners can watch movies in their fancy glasses.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Anyone playing Wildlands?

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think I already did, a few years ago. But back then it was simply called "Mercenaries".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

16. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    So I'm thinking of saving up to upgrade some components on my PC as I've had it a couple of years and not touched the innards at all yet. The only issue is I'm clueless with this sort of thing so I've no idea what to do first. It's primarily a gaming PC, but I also do a fair bit of video editing so anything that makes that better and quicker is preferable. My current hardware is:

CPU: Intel i5-4590 3.30GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970
    RAM: 8GB

Any advice would be great!

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I guess it depends on what kind of games you'll be playing. If you play a lot of the new AAA releases then you could upgrade to a GTX 1070.

I really don't know much about video editing but I think people who do tend go for an i7 processor and possibly more RAM. Don't quote me on that though.

18. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

I'm pretty much an exclusive Triple AAA player, really. The only indie stuff I do tend to play is on my PS4.

I think my main concern is making sure all the pieces fit together. Like, if I order a new graphics card, how do I know it fits not just into my motherboard, but also into my case? Is there a website that you can just put all this info into and it goes "yup, that works"?

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You should find that a 1070 is a good fit, 1080 only if you want to burn the extra cash. They should fit since they use a standardised PCI slot. The i7 seems to be the chip of choice - I have an i5, but my next step up would be an i7 or higher.

20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

This one seemed to be getting the best reviews, the MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G, but is that overkill? It's over £400 and I know to get a really good card you have to pay, but is there a cheaper alternative that does a similar job?

And RAM. How much does that affect gaming? Take Mass Effect Andromeda for instance. It recommends 16GB and I've noticed it's rather sluggish. I take it that's more to do with my graphics card?

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  22. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes, PCPartPicker is your friend. Make a build with all of your current components, adjust where necessary, and it will tell you if there are any compatibility issues. It's also just a great resource to see where the best prices are and what is rated the best.

Ender Sai likes this.
  23. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Reactions for Mass Effect: Andromeda seem to be all over the map.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah it's amazing.

Some reviews saying the gameplay is good, some saying it's bad. some reviews saying the story is good, some saying it's bad. I don't know who or what to believe.

Overall it looks like this will be Bioware's lowest rated game.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The animations are amazing!