main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Hope you like Dishonored. It's one of my favorite franchises

Lord Vivec likes this.
  2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    So, Prey is a no-go because I can't deal with eye stabbing. Have fun everyone else!

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm... really struggling with Andromeda. It's just... it's really not grabbing me like the last ME games did.

I've just had the chase through the Scourge awake from the hostile aliens and found the second vault planet. So please tell me it gets better?

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The thing that kept me going back was the combat, which I found really fun, but story wise little kept me hooked. I will say the loyalty missions seem to be a lot better in terms of replicating that old Mass Effect feel. Cora's was really good.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think he was referring to the fact it should be 'crisply'.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    No, it was more a case of the need to satirise Americans and Melbournians.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No. Marcus is right.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So Square Enix is ending it's relationship with IO Interactive which means the future of the Hitman franchise is in doubt. With the future of Deus Ex and ME looking shaky, and Dishonored 2 not doing well financially, it's not looking good for some of my favorite franchises.

It's also why you don't turn a major franchise into episodic content you dumb ***** at Square Enix.

9. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Like Mustafar said, I enjoyed the combat, especially after I'd leveled up a bit. The story gets better, but don't expect it to be on the same level as the original games. I found the main story missions to be much more engaging than all the side quests to make the worlds viable. Sticking to the priority missions might help you enjoy the story a little more.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Could it also be because a good chunk of gamers are playing superficial online fluff such as Overwatch/Destiny/Battlefront/etc.?

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, knowing SE it's because they expected Call of Duty numbers from a Hitman game.

Point Given likes this.
  12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    fite me irl

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've never played Overwatch/Destiny/Battlefront/Etc., so I may have to do that before harping on them I guess.

Why is Overwatch good though?

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I don't know what else to say other than it's just super fun to play. Its biggest strength are the heroes who all have their own unique personalities and abilities. There may not be a ton of originality or depth to the core gameplay but they hit the nail on the head when it came to the character design.

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Overwatch would somewhat interest me if it had a single player or even coop pve component to go along with those colorful characters. But it's just this generation's Team Fortress, and I was never too fond of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    They've had co-op PvE modes but only for limited time events (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, etc).

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess I mean an actual campaign/story.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I loved Hitman as being episodic. I thought it worked really well in the game's favour. It encouraged people to explore the hell out of the sandboxes as they waited the next episode. I found that it helped later too; when the bonus content for Sapienza dropped, it was because I knew the map well enough from previous playthroughs that I could find a few really creative ways to do both the movie set, and the right wing politican, hits.

FamousAmos - that's what I'm doing. :( :p

FamousAmos likes this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a heads up for anyone with any level of interest in Alan Wake. The game is being pulled from all digital platforms on Monday due to expiration of the music licenses.

Steam has marked down the entire franchise (AW+AW: American Nighmare+All Extras) from $40 to $4.

20. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Yep I've got the franchise package for $4 this morning.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Luckily I still have it on my hard drive. I have the bonus episodes too but i'm still yet to own American Nightmare - is it worth it?

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Anyone picked up, or picking up Injustice 2? Metacritic average is pretty impressive so far, 88. Gamespot with a 9/10 this morning.

Got a little time in learning some combos for Supergirl last night, but haven't ventured online. Lots of improvement over the first game, which I also enjoyed.

23. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Help, I'm addicted to Stellaris and I want to get off.

That's a lie, I'm really enjoying it. Terrible at it, but enjoying it nonetheless.

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Just replaced the laser on the old Wii (2nd time lucky, who knew there were 2 different laser setups in the Wii, and the first one I bought had a different connector cable to the one in my unit).

Anyway, just played an hour of Mario Kart with the kids, and now my daughter is playing Animal Crossing for the first time in 2 years. Might hit some old Wii Tennis later for nostalgia's sake.

25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006