main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, I love Hong Kong to bits and it's such a weird version of Hong Kong. By just focusing on HK island, and skipping Kowloon and the New Territories, you end up with something like 10% of Hong Kong playable. I've seen a Star Ferry in the distance from Central, and the building where I did some work - HSBC HQ - is visible as are Bank of China, IFC 1 and 2 etc.

But the outside is compressed in space and the interiors are insanely large, which is the mirror image of HK itself.

I went into the game last night, fly kicked a few pedestrians and tried to remember the basics of combat. I will, I think, enjoy getting the game completed.

As for Mafia III - yes, I liked imaging that the speech Lincoln made, about a black man owning something (against the backdrop of that city, at that time), was a moment of reflection for him as he sat there, sleeves rolled up, wealthy from his kickbacks and bar, and as peaceful as a man like him could be.

2. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    lol what a ****show.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Damn shame. It was an enjoyable game and I was hoping for Quarian ark DLC of nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    A tragic end to a once great IP.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Age of Empires IV yo

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Still on my Assassins Creed playthrough and am on Brotherhood now. I don't know why, but II seems to get even better with age. The DLC is great too.

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Just finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Short, but pretty fun.

12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Ah yes. The male Tomb Raider clone experimented with a female lead advent- hang on.

Chewgumma likes this.
  13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just picked up F1 2017.

LIke F1 2013, there's a classic car mode but unlike F1 2013, there are no classic tracks like Jerez or Estoril. Still, having done some practice in a Renault at Melbourne, I was jumping around in Senna's 1988 and 1991 McLarens, Mansell's 1992 Williams, Hakkinen's 1998 McLaren, Alonso's 2005 Renault, Schumacher's 2002 Ferrari and Vettel's 2010 Red Bull more than anything else.

The classic mode will put power adjusted 80s and 90s cars together, or post 2000s cars. There's something about the grip and handling of the 1980s/90s cars I just love though - being able to overtake around the outside with ease.

If you like racing, I recommend this one.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    So the length of every single player campaign since the dawn of the xbox 360?

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Really annoyed at the achievements for Dishonored, specifically the Dunwall City Trials. They're pretty much the only ones I have left for it and are such a pain in the *** to get.

Point Given likes this.
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    game sale heads up - if you haven't played/don't own it (i haven't and don't), bloodborne is on sale for 7.99 this weekend on the psn store.

i don't go for unnecessarily hard games, but i'm going to give this one a shot. best price i've seen for it.

17. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Wolfenstein is £4 and MGSV: Definitive Edition is under a tenner as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't know if I'd call Bloodborne "unnecessarily hard" so much as "deliberately invoking less forgiving design models" - or, to put it a different way, it wants you to remember playing Ninja Gaiden and Wizardry I, where challenge was high and exploration was difficult, rather than remembering Ninja Gaiden III and Wizardry IV, where everything was arbitrary bull****. More than anything it rewards patience (where appropriate) and mechanical excellence in execution, but it's the rare version where this expectation is presented without cheap tricks and over the top obscurantism.

Now, the Souls fandom has a bit of a problem simultaneously reconciling this fact with the whole "but that doesn't make for an enjoyable experience for everyone" thing, which is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, but still, it's a victim of its own hype.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Anyone else getting Project CARS 2 this Friday, on launch?

21. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Jesus Christ Gandhi has to be the biggest ****ing backstabber in Civ. All I wanted to do was get 2 last achievements, but no Gandhi had to betray me and go to war with me for 100+ turns and make unreasonable demands the entire time.

CT-867-5309 and heels1785 like this.
  22. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Civ 5 or 6?

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Honestly I find it weirder when a Civ Gandhi plays nice. That dude's a murder machine.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

And now people know how poor Louis Mountbatten felt.

Ramza and Point Given like this.
  25. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006