main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, it may well actually get worse because the mining probably is only going to grow. So you may not want to delay too much.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Isn't the resource intensive "mining" exclusive to Bitcoin? I recall reading that other cryptos aren't like that.

God, it's mind-numbingly stupid.

Master_Rebado and heels1785 like this.
  4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Good thing I bought a 1070 at launch.

Master_Rebado and Ender Sai like this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it's just etherium.

Tracking the spread on bitcoin on intra-day and 7 day trading is amazing; they're using intervals between the High and Low price that make no sense because we've never seen anything this volatile. Libertarians are hilarious. People who bought in hoping for a get rich quick are hilarious because they're literally too scared to get off the ride.

In gaming news, um, I'm really just nowhere at the moment in terms of a game really drawing me in. A new one, I should say; Watch Dogs 2 is enjoyable on replay. AC Origins doesn't thrill me conceptually but neither did the idea of aiding and abetting terrorists in AC3 and it was a decent enough ride.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I really want to play the first Origins DLC but can't right now because I had a spinal shot and can't sit up long enough to play anything yet :(

But in other news, Mario + Rabbids is surprisingly fun. Never played an XCom style game before, but I'm really loving it.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Monster Hunter: World is getting tremendous reviews so far. Admittedly have never played the series before, but the beta was fun enough, albeit limited.

May warrant a look or buy.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I tried the demo/free trial thing for like ten minutes and immediately realized it wasn't my jam, but it'll be interesting to see if it can break that series out of its weird niche box.

solojones and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So, Ghost Recon: Wildlands added Predator...

[​IMG]

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Has anyone played Fallout: New Vegas on Win10? I want to go back, since the failure to finish Fallout 4 (grounds: Unyielding apathy to the mountain of **** that's been passed off as a Fallout game) is annoying me but the lack of quality in Fallout 4 annoys me even more.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Are you talking about the crashing problems it has on newer Windows? It's easily patched, IIRC.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    No one here but me will care but they're adding Oregon to American Truck Simulator and I'm pumped!

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What wheel do you have?

15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    None unfortunately, haven't made the investment yet though I plan to. Just keyboard and mouse so far which can be a pain.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh at least get a controller.

As for wheels - do you do any other racing? I have the G920, but I would say the G29 might be a better choice because it has more functionality.

17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Nah no other racing, just ATS and ETS2. It's my inner German.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I was disappointed to learn the core element of driving a truck/lorry - aka murdering prostitutes - isn't a feature of those games. What's the point if you can't accurately simulate the job?!

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I finally got PUBG. I was a fool to wait this long.

heels1785 and Point Given like this.
  20. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Just in time for me to stop playing :p

I'll come back when they get serious about stopping cheaters.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    they just banned over a million Chinese players, which should eliminate most of the cheaters. I've only really seen it happen once in about 20 games.

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I was talking to a guy in the lunch room today who said he just did a Bathurst 12 hour enduro race in iRacing (actually two because they crashed out of the first one in 2 hours). He claimed Assetto Corsa and Project CARS are not serious enough. Your response Ender?

Also I haven't played games in ages since my PS3 finally got the YLOD late last year. It made it 10 years!

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    iRacing is play to win. Assessto Corsa is a simcade racer, sure, but pCARS 1 and 2? He's dreamin'.

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Okay, I've just started episode two and this game is ******* rocking my world. It's really brilliant. The characters are genuinely compelling, the story is interesting and the way it uses the high concept of the fairy tale characters is phenomenal.

The scene of Snow and Bigby in the cab right before Bigby goes into the bar to talk to the Woodsman was fantastic, but it was that scene of Bigby and the Woodsman that really just blew my mind. When you think he's talking about the fight he had with Faith before she was murdered and then you suddenly realize that he's actually talking about the whole Red Riding Hood thing . . . my jaw literally dropped. That is some great writing.

I also really love the choice mechanic on the conversations. It accurately captures the feel of a real conversation because there have been two occasions where I hit the button to say something and then immediately realized I should have said something else. That feeling is great. It perfectly mirrors the feeling you have sometimes in actual conversations when you say something you shouldn't have and realize it immediately. I'm loving this.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I should've figured you to be a Fallout reactionary, Ender.
    Me, I'm going to enjoy yet another F4 playthrough.