main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Japanese studios have a really bad habit of dumping source files so it might actually be the PS2 audio. That or somebody at the time was like "96kbps? Nothing will ever exceed that outrageously high quality! Dump the masters, we'll never need them."

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    New PUBG map next month, @PointGiven.

Also, was down to top 20, ran into a house in the circle and closed the door. Immediately heard a window break upstairs and someone jump down. Stayed facing that door as some hapless player ran into try and kill me and I unloaded an extended, silenced P18C clip into their face.

I think I've got 5 kills with sidearms now. :D

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Snow plz.

I suuuck with sidearms. Played a bit on Monday and I embarrassingly lost a duel against a guy who had a sickle while I had a P92. I only hit him twice in 15 shots and he got me reloading.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    do you go FPS iron sights, or hip fire?

I'm trying a few times now to go into high risk areas to hone combat. I wiped out a 2 man squad with the over under doing this, it was ace.

5. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Tend to do hip fire with the pistols since it's all chaotic. I should relax when doing it, I think.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    On the subject of Telltale... Yes Walking Dead Season One is the best, and no you don't need to know the show or comics. It has a few cameos of comic characters, but the main characters and situations are original.

Yes, Batman has great choices that matter. No GoT does not. However, I would argue GoT is still a good experience because the characters and situations are great and feel true to the world. It just doesn't have as many choices affecting the ultimate outcome as other Telltale Games. But the story is still good, IMHO.

In other news, I just got a PSVR and am enjoying it so far. Waiting on an accompanying gift card to buy most of the games I want. But I've played some Rush of Blood and done some demos so far.. anyone have game or VR experience recommendations?

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah I would only hipfire with the Glock, tbh.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Just finished Wolf Among Us. On the whole, I loved the game. I had really only one gripe:

I thought Bloody Mary was underused. Particularly the final fight with her was really underwhelming, I thought, even with the giant wolf reveal. There were a couple of really great creepy moments with her; I loved the moment when they're watching her through the mirror and because it's through a mirror, she knows it and she touches the surface of the mirror from the other side. That was awesome. But they built her up so much I was expecting a super great fight. Honestly, the Jersey fight in the pawn-shop was way more intense.

However, that aside, I really loved it. That ending was just so perfect. I honestly misted up with tears in my eyes a couple of times in that epilogue sequence.

And I did not go after Nerissa. This whole thing has been about Faith; and now I get to let her have her chance. It's literally a fairy-tale; Faith gets the second chance Georgie tells Bigby she'll never get: "No matter what you do, nothing will bring those girls back." I mean, hitting that button to let her go and just watching her walk away in the rain was unbelievably cathartic, moving and beautiful. What a game.

I'd love to hear from you guys who've played it whether you went after her or not.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Played a good game of PUBG with PointG before. We got to top 4 in the end, but didn't encounter any real firefights. PG got shot in the back and dropped, I was in one of the final circles and popped a Red Bull which caused me to stand up and give my position away. :( That cost us in the end.

Point Given likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    @PointGiven - how I feel watching Shroud play PUBG:

[​IMG]

Point Given likes this.
  11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    @Ender Sai

Somehow managed to pull this headshot off. Surprised myself since I'm not that great at sniping.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    As @Ender Sai has seen me say in many a Guardian comment section: Ban Guardian Op Eds

solojones, Ender Sai and DANNASUK like this.
  14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Nice to see the Guardian agreeing with the insights of noted liberal commenters like *checks notes* Donald Trump.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    It's true. Right after I played PUBG I wanted to beat up a brown person but the only one I saw was myself in the mirror so I smashed the mirror to let out my alt-right rage.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn and I swear if I see a metal animal of any kind.

[​IMG]

solojones and FatBurt like this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Years of Mario Golf have made me so sexist that I sleep with men, it's ****ed up.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    God forbid I ever get around to playing DDLC

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Guardian op-eds are the worst, because basically they're whoring out their op-ed space to twits who derive legitimacy from the Guardian name.

This is the face of the guy who understands the alt-right and video games:

[​IMG]

Guarantee you those frames have no glass in them, and the jumper is "vintage".

EDIT: Ok, so I read his piece and he has a point. Videogames are real. Otherwise, all he's done is prove why academics are esoteric weirdos like Ramza, and not much else. I'm also sure whilst PUBG appeals to the worst primal concept of "kill or be killed, last one standing", the fact it's like a million percent Chinese players (mostly hacking) strongly challenges any assumptions that it's a white man's fantasy (you obvs feel white when we play, PG).

Point Given likes this.
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, I’m not...

... I’ve got nothing, never mind.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Good thing that guy didn't analyze the fan base of Paradox strategy games such as Crusader Kings II. On the official forums there are people who ask to be able to exterminate Jews and Roma in-game and are generally hostile to any changes or additions that doesn't fit with their fascist fantasies.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    he looks like the type to only like Crusader Kings I, the vintage edition.

23. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    @Ender Sai Finally got the Chicken Dinner achievement. As you can see, the final circle was right outside the cartel mansion, which as you imagine was quite stressful.

[​IMG]

solojones and Ender Sai like this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    oh nice work. That game where we came 2nd was such an epic rush. I should have gone out the window but I couldn't hear the guy coming in after me. Ugh. Even closing the door...

Any JC'ers besides us playing PUBG?

Also @Pointgiven - apparently the Xbox version has aim-assist. I mean, it's bad enough to play the game on a potato with 30FPS and a controller, but aim assist? Doesn't defeat a core mechanic at all.

Console peasants pls.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Sony is giving PS3 owners a $65 settlement – here’s how to get yours
    Claim info here: http://www.otherossettlement.com/poc